AFL Round 11 - MRP - Dale Thomas May Be Cited?

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Daisy to miss QB.

Even if true, why do we have to flag these things here? Don't you think that the MRP might not have picked this up, but for a thread on our board about it?

Mods: can we close this thread now, before it grows legs?

Even if true, why do we have to flag these things here? Don't you think that the MRP might not have picked this up, but for a thread on our board about it?

They just showed it on the Sunday Footy Show so the whole world knows about it now.

they had footage of it on footy show just before.he wont get away with it

Don't think the MRP scans the boards before releasing their report... Also, it was shown on The Sunday Footy show...

He is gone, and it was a silly move to be honest. Send him to Arizona as well and make him do hill sprints up Mt Humphrey as punishment.

The MRP watch every minute of every game, so I doubt one thread on a football discussion board will make the difference for Daisy or not.

He will be found guilty, it's a matter of whether the points are over 100 as I believe he has a clean record, and with a guilty plea he may be able to escape suspension (I hope).

Negative = Daisy may miss:(
Positive = if he misses, FASOLO IS GUARANTEED HIS DEBUT GAME.:)

Yeah, if only we could sweep it under the carpet.

Ah well, hopefully only gets 1 week and learns from this and doesn't lash out against hard tags going forward ('cause he's going to get them more and more)

Sorry for the intrusion guys, thoughts like this have crossed my mind.

But then I realised that the MRP are tasked with reviewing all matches, they take their job seriously, I doubt they would come on BF to find instances of rough conduct, etc.

Thomas out is disappointing, I had hoped we would be able to play against a closer to full strength outfit to see where we are at then with Swan, Thomas and Jolly out.

The MRP scrutinise games to the nth degree.

I think you might over estimate the 'power' of Big Footy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disappointed he won't be in the running for the Brownlow, he's been in great form.

No Swan or Thomas next week, Melbourne an outside chance?

a) Probably not. The gap between the two clubs is absolutely huge.
b) But possibly, anything can happen in footy.

-> Probably wouldn't matter even if we lost, but we won't :D

What a shame if he wins the Brownlow and has to 'hand it back' due to not being eligible.

It was high contact and low impact, would most likely be 2 weeks down to one, best case scenario would be a reprimand

Understand the point about bringing these instances to light but the MRP have proven form in finding any little misdemeanour of ours (see the Dawes/Ball disgrace), and TFS have well and truly stitched us up anyway.

I find it easier to cop it on the chin and take our medicine. Best case scenario is 1 week, hopefully with an early plea he can just fall under the 2.

For Daisy he will just need to take it as a positive and have a freshen up, for guys like Didak or McCarthy/Blair/Fasolo we might get to see them play in the middle against the Dees and see if they have anything to offer us as that 20th-22nd man in October.

Also a good test for the boys to win without some stars, as Geelong have proven to be able to do.

changes next week should be...

OUT: Swan, Thomas, Goldsack

IN: Buckley, Fasolo, Seedsman

Seedsman is a risk but he has been very impressive and plays a similar role to that of Thomas in the VFL as a winger, working hard forward and back. He was rested at the weekend and will be fresh to have a crack.

Is Daisy in trouble?

Watching the Sunday Footy Show, Damian Barrett spoke about an incident involving Thomas, it was a tap to the mouth. Damo reckons 1 week at least, maybe 2.

I don't mind if Daisy misses anyway, he's had a huge last 6-7 weeks and could use a break. Wonder if he gets rubbed out, whether we will send him to the US?

Anyone see it, think he's gone?

Re: Is Daisy in trouble?

They just showed it, if he doesn't get a week then the AFL is rigged...

Most likely 1 week due to record one would think, very silly but he probably just wanted a ticket to Arizona :)

Re: Is Daisy in trouble?

I saw the incident, reckon he could get a week and just a week with his record. It is in the 1 week to reprimand category all things considered, was a love tap IMO.

Re Damian Barrett, he has about ass much credibility on Collingwood matters as Caroline Wilson, that is none!

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Round 11 - MRP - Dale Thomas May Be Cited?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back