Preview AFL Round 16 - Coll vs NM -Prematch Discussion, Lozza's Preview post130, Teams post 153

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: AFL Round 16 - Collingwood vs NM - Selection and Prematch Discussion

johno will be right to come back in after two weeks in the reserves of solid preformances.
McCarthy should be fine to come back.
McCaffer needs a solid one in the reserves..
Ugle is not ready yet..
Seedsman is still raw too

I'll go with the safe changes of IN. Johnson and McCarthy
Out Dawes and Buckley
Wood and Keefe would be good tall selections given Dawes is out but given Norths small defense its not necessary to select either.

Re: AFL Round 16 Coll vs NM Selection and Prematch Discussion

We did your mob a favour by knocking off Geelong which will eventually result in you guys finishing top of the ladder.

Now do us one and pulverise this tin rattling & pathetic excuse for a football club. Something like Round 2 would be more than ideal and drive the second nail into their 2011 coffin. Thanks, Pies.

Thought we were beneath contempt, less than nothing to your mob?

It's nice to know you care enough to wish one of your "proper" rivals a win against us.

Got a good feeling about this match. If we can win a bit of the ball early and actually put some scores on the board, I think it might turn out to be a good game.

Don't think we'll actually win, but I'll be happy if we can still be competitive at 3/4 time. From there I think you'll probably pull away in the last quarter and the margin could blow out.

its funny how civil the boards can be between teams when there is going to be a clear winner, normally its all like essondon are scum and so are saints and port are filth, and then everyone starts posting about how bad the other teams line up, its better this way but i dont have to feel insecure about my team:)

Kangas are a decent side, have to make sure we're not flat for this one. I was surprised by how easily we did it against the Hawks, so I've got to learn to be more confident in our boys. But I'm still weary against a hungry young side.

Hopefully Jolly can improve on last week. He was magnificent with the taps he did win, but didn't quite win enough for mine. Goldstein is nigh AA, in fantastic form. I'd think Tarrant will go to Petrie simply for strength [Reid wouldn't be able to compete], and he'll be playing from behind anyway to get the big spoil in. Reid to play on Hansen and work off him. Harry to take Edwards, Toovey to Thomas if he doesn't get dropped.

Need to put some attention into Wells who is in stellar form - I'd give Sharrow the job, will hurt him the other way. Swallow is star, perhaps Swanny to go head to head with him? Pendlebury killed them last time, I'd imagine they'll put some effort into stopping him, we've got the quality to step up if his influence is reduced though.

Dawes out hurts structurally, but just bring in the Caff I reckon. Don't mess with the back 6 [Taz]. Clokey should dominate, Brown will spend more time forward than usual I'd imagine.

As for changes:

OUT: Buckley [did he hit a target against the Hawks?], Dawes
IN: Johnson, Macaffer

I like Buckley. But I thought he was horrible on Sunday. Needs a brief spell in the 2's. Very rushed post, gotta watch the Vics!!

I'm very much still on board with Lindsay. When Azza Edwards came to North his kicking was atrocious. He regularly missed set shots and could barely scrape 40m. With a lot of hard work, he's now a very, very reliable shot.

Dude, Edwards kicked 100 goals in the VFL season in the year you drafted him. I'd say he kicked alright before he went to North.

INS: Macaffer, Johnson
OUTS: Dawes, Buckley

Rounds nor Fasolo to be the sub. Possibly Sideys' turn.

It seems that Dale Thomas is also in some doubt for this game with concussion from last week.

With only 6 days between this game and the more difficult and more important Carlton game (will put a decent gap between us and Carlton if we win) Daisy might be rested or even used as the sub.

Personally I hope he's ok and he plays, as he's still in stunning form.:thumbsu:

Rocca in? That first goal of his was huge!

In: Macaffer, Johnson
Out: Dawes, Fasolo

B: Leon Davis, Ben Reid, Chris Tarrant
HB: Harry O'Brien, Nick Maxwell, Heath Shaw
C: Steele Sidebottom, Dale Thomas, Alan Toovey
HF: Scott Pendlebury, Leigh Brown, Andrew Krakouer
F: Jarryd Blair, Travis Cloke, Brent Macaffer
Foll: Darren Jolly, Dane Swan, Luke Ball
Inter: Sharrod Wellingham, Ben Johnson, Luke Rounds, Simon Buckley (s)

Brown/Caff mainly forward to offset Dawes.

Swanny and Pendles also to go back to sharing time at half forward to give us some extra class there.

Steele needs to step up in midfield, Johnson back will help us a lot though.

In: Macaffer, Johnson
Out: Dawes, Fasolo

B: Leon Davis, Ben Reid, Chris Tarrant
HB: Harry O'Brien, Nick Maxwell, Heath Shaw
C: Steele Sidebottom, Dale Thomas, Alan Toovey
HF: Scott Pendlebury, Leigh Brown, Andrew Krakouer
F: Jarryd Blair, Travis Cloke, Brent Macaffer
Foll: Darren Jolly, Dane Swan, Luke Ball
Inter: Sharrod Wellingham, Ben Johnson, Luke Rounds, Simon Buckley (s)

Yep, like that side.

I'd prefer Caff to come in now, and BJ as they may take a few weeks to get the speed of the game again, and they'd be players we'd be looking to in the finals.

Yep, the sooner Caff is back in the better. Looking back at snippets of the prelim and grand final win last year reminds me exactly how valuable he was for us in those games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have a feeling Keefe might be given a role in this game simply because Malthouse is in the mood for trialling young players. Fasolo has been given a taste of senior footy and could well return to the VFL for Johnson. Caff did not impress last week and should not come in if not ready. Keefe is a safer option against a tall forward line. Reid could be played in attack. We could bring in Wood but not against NM with their ruck strength. Give Buckley another game as he was fine prior to last week and had missed through injury.

johno will be right to come back in after two weeks in the reserves of solid preformances.
McCarthy should be fine to come back.
McCaffer needs a solid one in the reserves..
Ugle is not ready yet..
Seedsman is still raw too

I'll go with the safe changes of IN. Johnson and McCarthy
Out Dawes and Buckley
Wood and Keefe would be good tall selections given Dawes is out but given Norths small defense its not necessary to select either.
Are you serious Buckley did a couple mistakes in an otherwise good year and you want drop him for a dud like McCarthy.....whate a joke

Buckley’s decision making and kicking was terrible last week and I’d be bringing Goldsack back in to replace him, during the finals I’d much rather the ball in his hands than Buckley’s.

With Dawes out, I’d bring in Keefe for his debut and swing Tarrant forward, so that he’s had some practice and to test/fine tune a backup plan for the finals if Dawes or Cloke get injured during that time. Keefe looks likely to make it as an AFL footballer, and it’d be good to give him games now before we get too close to the finals.

Sidebottom has been poor lately and last week his tackling and kicking was woeful, he needs to find some form in the VFL, and I’d be bringing in McCarthy to get more game time into him as a backup during the finals or even to replace him if Sidebottom can’t get it together.

With Johnson coming back and possibly taking a midfield role, I’d replace Fasolo as he is unlikely to be part of the finals campaign and because leaving Rounds in the team is more important so that we can see what he can do, and make a list management decision on him at the end of the year, seeing as he is out of contract.

Krakouer has also been pretty average lately, which may a be fitness thing and is not quite worthy enough to be dropped, so I’d make him the sub next week.

Due the amount of time Macaffer has missed, I’d be giving him another week in the VFL before making sure he is fit/confident enough for an AFL match.

Not sure the Dawes out will affect you much.

It seems Dawes is severely under rated :eek:

Even if he is not dominating games he is more than useful. Not to mention Cloke plays 100% better with him in the team.

Collingwood line up with 3 talls forward.. Dawes, Brown and Cloke this makes it hard for oppositions to stop us. Gives us 3 very capable targets.

Its now up to the selectors to fill that gap. Is it worth messing with the back line as well and take tarrant up forward. Its maccaffer ready to come back or will they give keefe and chance?!

I hope they give keefe a chance and drop buckley for goldsack.

Is didak right to go?
unlikely it was 1-2 weeks injury thou MM said in presser last week before Hawks game that Dids was recovering quicker than medical team had anticipated...but I still expect him to miss and then be ready for Carlton game

Wouldn't be opposed to Dids coming back through the VFL. Injury or no injury he has not really been in great form this year at all.

You just have to laugh at journos sometimes.

On the Channel 10 news tonight, Kelly Underwood stated that "North play 7 of their last 8 games at Etihad Stadium, starting this week against Collingwood".

:eek::eek:

On the Channel 10 news tonight, Kelly Underwood stated that "North play 7 of their last 8 games at Etihad Stadium, starting this week against Collingwood".

Yep obviously reading a fixture & noting that the game is at the MCG is too much like research. :)

Good as a Reporter as she was as a Caller:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back