Preview AFL Round 16 - Coll vs NM -Prematch Discussion, Lozza's Preview post130, Teams post 153

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: AFL Round 16 - Collingwood vs NM - Selection and Prematch Discussion

You just have to laugh at journos sometimes.

On the Channel 10 news tonight, Kelly Underwood stated that "North play 7 of their last 8 games at Etihad Stadium, starting this week against Collingwood".

:eek::eek:
Hey Matty there is not much difference between Etihad and MCG only about 3 kms and an extra 50k seats, but hey who's counting.

North might turn up @ Etihad on Sunday based on Kelli's report tonite and when they see an empty stadium the players might think "Hey Collingwood have forgotten it is at Etihad we gonna get the 4 pts" Hahaha

Hey Matty there is not much difference between Etihad and MCG only about 3 kms and an extra 50k seats, but hey who's counting.

North might turn up @ Etihad on Sunday based on Kelli's report tonite and when they see an empty stadium the players might think "Hey Collingwood have forgotten it is at Etihad we gonna get the 4 pts" Hahaha

Well you could make the joke that compared to last week, it will seem as if the opposition supporters haven't turned up.;):p

Maybe that's what she was on about.:confused:

Anyway, just checked the fixture, and she wasn't too far wrong, as North actually have 6 of their last 7 at Etihad (and one bye), so she basically went one week early with her call.:cool::eek:

Anyway, just checked the fixture, and she wasn't too far wrong, as North actually have 6 of their last 7 at Etihad (and one bye), so she basically went one week early with her call.:cool::eek:

Basically 1 game outside of Melbourne in the last 9 rounds.:confused:

Which just shows what a pissant club NM has become. If that fixture was Collingwoods' it would be all over the media.

NM supporters are amongst the biggest whingers when it comes to fixtures, but they always ask for a home game against us and now they are selling home games to Tassie.:rolleyes:

I really used to have some respect for that club but now, the crying poor, whinging has gotten old and I hope we spank them.

Could Mick have a Surprise Selection that we are not even thinking about?

IN: Caff
OUT: Dawes

And Buckley out.

Out: Dawes In: Mcnamara ... ?

just wondering when the american pie, Shae McNamara will get a game. i seriously thing him coming into the side will do great things for the club heading into september. put it this way, get him a few games, getting the nerves out of the way against north melbourne could see him maybe kick a goal or two. if one of our forwards go down in the finals or leading to the finals or even jolly or anyone of our key ruckman injured, he'd be the difference between winning a losing possibly. i would love to see this man play, not sure if anyone else thinks that, but with dawes out this week i would LOVE to see him play a get a feel of the game. anyone elses thoughts on this? i made a bet with a mate who supports the pies, a few weeks i guy i said "i reckon shae mcnamara will be close to getting a debut" he said "he wont." so we made a bet, if shae comes in i win $10 if he doesnt then he wins $10. this includes finals. i've seen the guy kick and mark and his really good seeing as when he started off he looked a bit... awkward?

Re: Out: Dawes In: Mcnamara ... ?

needs to be promoted off the rookie list first

As an international rookie he can come straight into the seniors can't he..?

It'd certainly be an amusing experiment, he doesn't seem like he's 100% ready but it would sure as hell be a crowd pleaser to see him play.

As an international rookie he can come straight into the seniors can't he..?

It'd certainly be an amusing experiment, he doesn't seem like he's 100% ready but it would sure as hell be a crowd pleaser to see him play.
Yep, he can play straight away.

I'd love to see him given a shot! He loves the club, saw him at Collingwood vs Hawthorn on Sunday wearing his full Collingwood gear. You can just see he'd be super happy and excited to get a game. But whether he is the right option, well that's a big question mark.

Could Mick have a Surprise Selection that we are not even thinking about?

Unless he names himself in the extended squad, I think this board has everything covered.

id suggest if he gets another contract to hang around then it a sign theyd be prepared to throw him in the deep end and give him that debut at some stage next year. plenty of talented talls out there with 10 years playing in junior levels who could take his spot, or some other amazing irishman worth a try. he's got 6 or so games to show he's worth it.

It surely wouldn't hurt just to give him a try.. If he doesn't live up to the standards expected by three-quarter time sub him out. The team wouldn't really suffer if he had a bad day since he is just 1 of 21 guys and those 20 other guys are playing in a side which has only lost 1 game this season. Plus, it's not as if the oppositions is a major threat to us, like Geelong, it's just North Melbourne.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hasn't he been in some really good/decent form in VFL of late?
I could swear that I read somewhere that he was close to if not was best on ground a couple of weeks ago when he picked up 20+ touches, kicked a goal or two and dominated the ruck.
Or am I mistaken?

Hasn't he been in some really good/decent form in VFL of late?
I could swear that I read somewhere that he was close to if not was best on ground a couple of weeks ago when he picked up 20+ touches, kicked a goal or two and dominated the ruck.
Or am I mistaken?

Yeah that was a month or so ago though I think? Either way I'm all for seeing him get a run on - if not for the novelty value.

From following him on Twitter/the VFL, I think he's the type of person and player who would thrive under fire. Would definitely be an interesting experiment to say the least.

This would certainly bring the lulz, but unfortunately Mick's probably going to go with something a little more sensible.

Basically 1 game outside of Melbourne in the last 9 rounds.:confused:

Which just shows what a pissant club NM has become. If that fixture was Collingwoods' it would be all over the media.

NM supporters are amongst the biggest whingers when it comes to fixtures, but they always ask for a home game against us and now they are selling home games to Tassie.:rolleyes:

I really used to have some respect for that club but now, the crying poor, whinging has gotten old and I hope we spank them.

Yeah nah mate, we played two games in Perth in the first three rounds as well.

This would certainly bring the lulz, but unfortunately Mick's probably going to go with something a little more sensible.
sensible? he's a decent kick and mark of the footy, you have to see him first hand to see his skills. another tall forward is what we need, triple threat in the forward line in september= unstoppable :thumbsu:

sensible? he's a decent kick and mark of the footy, you have to see him first hand to see his skills. another tall forward is what we need, triple threat in the forward line in september= unstoppable :thumbsu:

I've seen him first-hand, he's a mile off AFL right now. He's below average even at VFL level, and I'm not sure he's going to get another contract to improve further.

He seems like a really nice guy and all, but Keefe's the only tall that should be considered this week, with Wood an outside chance if Mick wants to experiment.

I've seen him first-hand, he's a mile off AFL right now. He's below average even at VFL level, and I'm not sure he's going to get another contract to improve further.

He seems like a really nice guy and all, but Keefe's the only tall that should be considered this week, with Wood an outside chance if Mick wants to experiment.
only tell will tell, but most will agree that seeing shae get a game would be great :)

Anyone hear cant even remember which player it was lol on SEN he said tarrant will probably go forward..

I think Tooves said it in his interview. I think he said 'can' or 'may' go forward.

Can't see it myself. Our back 6 is a massive strength. Why change it? Just manufacture a tweaked forwardline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back