Game Day AFL Round 21 - Collingwood vs North Melbourne Matchday Discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

I will tell you one thing after last nights game you can mark my word that Johnson will be back next week and possibly even Kraks.....at this point id even give Caff a spot for someone....cant be any worse than Dawes or cloke at kicking goals.

I personally think Jackson Paine should come in and Cloke should be dropped.

Not actually a joke. Paine can't do worse than nothing. He can only do the same or better so you might as well get him in and get some games into him.

Our forward line next year should be Paine, Goldsack, Krakouer, Keefe, Macaffer, Elliott, Sinclair/Mooney.

It's a tall, yet mobile forward line, with enough pace to be able to apply real pressure, along with a 204cm player who could most likely actually play the second ruck role. Yeah, there's no gorilla in there, but you know, we have 2 gorillas right now and they're both sitting on their arses doing bananas. Paine will. E a gorilla in a couple of years anyway.

I personally think Jackson Paine should come in and Cloke should be dropped.

Not actually a joke. Paine can't do worse than nothing. He can only do the same or better so you might as well get him in and get some games into him.

Our forward line next year should be Paine, Goldsack, Krakouer, Keefe, Macaffer, Elliott, Sinclair/Mooney.

It's a tall, yet mobile forward line, with enough pace to be able to apply real pressure, along with a 204cm player who could most likely actually play the second ruck role. Yeah, there's no gorilla in there, but you know, we have 2 gorillas right now and they're both sitting on their arses doing bananas. Paine will. E a gorilla in a couple of years anyway.

two players comming back from knee recos... plus keefe whos not a forward, plus goldsack who is okay and then 3 kids who wont kick that many goals.

Thats a truly terrible forward line, against good AFL defenders we have NO good tall marking option

two players comming back from knee recos... plus keefe whos not a forward, plus goldsack who is okay and then 3 kids who wont kick that many goals.

Thats a truly terrible forward line, against good AFL defenders we have NO good tall marking option

lol.

So we do now do we?

The forward line was a shambles for a multitude of reasons. Poor delivery, out of form KPF, no heart, where were the crumbers - well to be fair Cloke and Dawes didn't really do anything to bring the ball to ground did they which is a result of poor delivery. We missed Goldsack against NM, provides another option up forward and applies good pressure - I think we will struggle with only Cloke in the 50 and Dawes leading up the ground and trying to take the mark. I think we need to find a better way of entering our forward 50, to me it seems like all we do is look to pass it off to someone who is on the wing from half back and then follow through with another 30-40m pass to someone outside 50 or someone will just pump it into the 50... I would prefer to see us run and spread, but it was hard without Swan. We've sorely missed Swan the past 2 rounds. Also, I really believe something is wrong with Pendlebury not sure what - perhaps it's just that we're missing the extra class player in the midfield but he sure is struggling atm. His efficiency has been down and hasn't been able to run as hard as he did before his injury. If we want to go deep into finals he needs to get back to his best that's for sure. I don't think Beams has been given enough credit, he has been simply outstanding the past 2 weeks. In the absence of Dane, Dayne ( :p) has stood up and played like an absolute superstar, could be said that he has carried us through the past 2 games.
I think overall, the players just need to realise who they are playing for, COLLINGWOOD. The biggest club in the land with relatively good success recently, however; they cannot expect success to simply be served on a platter. It looks like they think they can get by with little effort. Someone needs to give them a lecture.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day AFL Round 21 - Collingwood vs North Melbourne Matchday Discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back