Coach Alastair Clarkson IV - HFC Racism Investigation Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks both!

Zwier will hold out til the last moment.

I went and looked at the parameters around Human rights commission and taking it to the Federal court.

60 days is the time line unless the party applies for an extension which they can if they have cause.

If it gets lodged I am sure it gets reported

If it doesn't or an application for extension is in place I am not sure we hear anything.

If I'm Clarkson, Fagan and Burt, at this point I'm starting to look at defamation action against Egan, Jackson, the ABC etc
In theory yes, but didn't Clarko say recently he just wanted all of this to be over? Quite possible that I'm not remembering that correctly.

Forrest Gump Running GIF

Checking in with Andy ****ing Maher

In theory yes, but didn't Clarko say recently he just wanted all of this to be over? Quite possible that I'm not remembering that correctly.
I'm sure you're right, it would be difficult to find the energy for it, but you could lodge the action and settle for an apology without going the whole way - and of course, you wouldn't pursue the players and their families. it's egan, Jackson etc that have to account for this catastrophe

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I'm Clarkson, Fagan and Burt, at this point I'm starting to look at defamation action against Egan, Jackson, the ABC etc

Time has run out, but the ABC should show some accountability.

I'm sure you're right, it would be difficult to find the energy for it, but you could lodge the action and settle for an apology without going the whole way - and of course, you wouldn't pursue the players and their families. it's egan, Jackson etc that have to account for this catastrophe

I reckon the court case will do that ...

I hear you but the 12 month deadline since the story was published has passed so they would need special leave to lodge defamation proceedings and they need to have the stomach for it - it’s likely that a lot of mud would be thrown during a defamation hearing and some of it would no doubt stick.

Good luck

Not holding my breath aye.

It is why I agreed with Chief to confine myself to home waters - the peasants of the main board are angered by my truth telling

Last edited:
Defamation actions constantly backfire. More publicity. Dragged out. The only winners are lawyers (and I say that as a lawyer!)

Yep, BRS and Lehrmann probably killed them for a while.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Alastair Clarkson IV - HFC Racism Investigation Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back