Coach Alastair Clarkson IV - HFC Racism Investigation Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

"You've got Buckley's hope" referred to the bushranger.
It evolved to
"You've got 2 chances... Buckley's and Nunn" using the department store as a clever reference.

Source: my Grandfather, who would be in triple digits if he was still with us and knew everything about Melbourne folklore (as far as I could tell).
Buckley's hope or Buckley's chance. William Buckley was an escaped convict from the Port Philip penal colony in the first decade of the 19th century. He had served in the British military and had fought against Napoleon in the Netherlands. He was transported to Port Philip in 1803 for stealing some cloth. After his escape, and having struggled with hunger and the elements he was taken in by the local aboriginals and spent 30 years as a nomad living with the local indigenous and also by himself, mostly along the shores of the now Bellarine and Mornington peninsulas. After 30 odd years he walked back into white society where there was awe and disbelief when he told his tale. He died in Hobart in 1856. An amazing story of survival for anyone that is interested.

Is Andy Maher still blubbering into his microphone over this issue ???

Or found some other bleeding heart story to pseudo moralistic telegraph on !? 🙄

Remember the first 12 months of the main board thread that was an absolute shit show, led by the mods over there. If you even suggested that the claims might not be 100% true and these first nations players are also humans who are capable of lying then you would be attacked.
'Complex issue,' says the loudmouth, seeming to distance himself from some previously consistent messaging about Clarko's abhorrent personality deficiencies. Know I shouldn't even give airtime to him, but what a ****wit he is

If Stringer gets to Giant's, along with Hogan, Cadman, Brown, etc, Riccardi might not be a regular senior player, worth a look ?
the big lebowski drinking GIF

Hawthorn board:

ABC had evidence, they had first hand statements.
It's not up to the journalist to determine if the allegations are true, that's for the courts.
They reported that the egan report existed - Fact
They reported that players made various allegations - fact.
They do not need to investigate the claims made by an interviewee they just need to quote them. A journalist does not have the ability to compel a witness to make a statement, to access text and email records etc...
The ABC did not make a claim that the allegations are false or that they are true.

Last edited:
'Complex issue,' says the loudmouth, seeming to distance himself from some previously consistent messaging about Clarko's abhorrent personality deficiencies. Know I shouldn't even give airtime to him, but what a ****wit he is

Yeah, pretty shameless turn from him. Also the stuff about how many of the indigenous players support Clarko and this have significant doubts to outright disbelief on the allegations, that was also verboten back in the day.

Indeed, back then any attempt to suggest that Rusty's original article was not 100 per cent rock solid truth was seen as heresy.

But it goes on - there's some incredible posting on the Hawthorn board, including one BRANE GENIUS who reckons a journalist has no responsibility to find out if something they publish is true ... simple reporting the existence of allegation is enough and a "court can sort it out".

These people walk among us.

Last edited:
Hawthorn board:

ABC had evidence, they had first hand statements.
It's not up to the journalist to determine if the allegations are true, that's for the courts.
They reported that the egan report existed - Fact
They reported that players made various allegations - fact.
They do not need to investigate the claims made by an interviewee they just need to quote them. A journalist does not have the ability to compel a witness to make a statement, to access text and email records etc...
The ABC did not make a claim that the allegations are false or that they are true.

Hahahaha beat me to it.

Incredible stuff, and said with such a sense of authority by the poster too.

"No sir, I think you will find pigs do fly, indeed merely look up at night - each pinpoint of light is a pig in low Earth orbit holding a mirror, science has proven this!"

Yeah, pretty shameless turn from him. Also the stuff about how many of the indigenous players support Clarko and this have significant doubts to outright disbelief on the allegations, that was also verboten back in the day.

Indeed, back then any attempt to suggest that Rusty's original article was not 100 per cent rock solid truth was seen as heresy.

But it goes on - there's some incredible posting on the Hawthorn board, including one BRANE GENIUS for recons a journalist has no responsibility to find out if something they publish is true ... simple reporting the existence of allegation is enough and a "court can sort it out".

There is also another higher up mod - let's just say his username is the same as the nickname of Luke "Two Dogs" father - who insisted that Sonja has demonstrated poor judgement by supporting the racist Clarkson.

On a related note, the same mod gets mega-salty if you post something that ridicules Carlton and bans you for a week on a made-up charge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But it goes on - there's some incredible posting on the Hawthorn board, including one BRANE GENIUS for recons a journalist has no responsibility to find out if something they publish is true ... simple reporting the existence of allegation is enough and a "court can sort it out".

In the old days, that would have been regarded as National Enquirer / News of the World journalistic standards. Back then, most people understood that those obviously fake headlines and doctored photographs featuring Elvis and Aliens and UFOs were obviously fake and doctored as we were all in on the joke. Now, thanks to technology getting smarter and people getting dumber, you can publish fake and doctored bullshit and 50% of the world doesn't get the joke.

How far back do the Indians go Ferbs? Pretty interesting.
I dunno. India is like Europe more than a single nation. It was made up of heaps of smaller nations and empires over the millenia its had people living there.

Officially its 65000 but there are finds of stone tools that pre date that. There's also a Bundjalung (one of the mobs i've heard the India contact stuff from) creation story about three brothers arriving at Evans Head (just south at Goanna Headland). Its (afaik) the only indigenous arrival story in Australia and there are versions that say there were people here and the brothers maybe married into their families? But I'm not an expert so don't take that as gospel or canon.

(It turns out this is now on wikipedia so it must be true. lol.)

One of those stories talks about the brothers fleeing an explosion that destroyed the old world. AFAIK the only explosion that big would be at Lake Toba. That eruption was 69-77000 years ago. The evidence for older inhabitation in India was that stone tools were found under the ash from that eruption, but I'm not associating that group with the Bundjalung stories altho there have been blackfellas at Goanna Headland since the last ice age at least, and some of the people I knew said that they used to have sites and settlements beyond the shoreline, under the water, which would have been accessable before the last ice age.

(Also fwiw the modern Bundjalung nation is a federation formed in the 18th century in response to the massacre of the original Bundjalung people who lived at Evans Head.)

There is also another higher up mod - let's just say his username is the same as the nickname of Luke "Two Dogs" father - who insisted that Sonja has demonstrated poor judgement by supporting the racist Clarkson.

On a related note, the same mod gets mega-salty if you post something that ridicules Carlton and bans you for a week on a made-up charge.
A Carlton supporting flog on Bigfooty? Doesn’t narrow it down too much

I suspect even they only became indians after earlier migration from africa.
The Out of Africa theory may turn out to be a bit wrong eventually. Or at least not the complete story. The dates have certainly been pushed back but certain things complicate it as well. Neanderthal and Denosovian genetics are found in modern human genomes, neither are an African species of hominid. There is also the possibility that an as yet unknown branch of humanity contributed genes to our genome, which is pretty wild if you ask me.

Hawks went about as close to calling Carl a liar as you can get without the words passing your lips.

About time, these campaigners left the coaches out to rot for 2 years without any chance of defending themselves.

Speaking of Carlton, Graeme Wright's name appears a lot in the docs lol.

Hard to believe Carlton mods would be like that lol.

Hawks went about as close to calling Carl a liar as you can get without the words passing your lips.

About time, these campaigners left the coaches out to rot for 2 years without any chance of defending themselves.

I think they really did just call him a liar.

Remember the first 12 months of the main board thread that was an absolute shit show, led by the mods over there. If you even suggested that the claims might not be 100% true and these first nations players are also humans who are capable of lying then you would be attacked.
And unable to identify blatant delay - distract - derail posts

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Alastair Clarkson IV - HFC Racism Investigation Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back