Coach Alastair Clarkson - NMFC Senior Coach - Coaching & Football Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

No mention of Goldeneye?
It was fantastic and so replayable and possibly my favourite 1st person shooter of all time, but I don’t think it’s Goat-worthy.

The four games that left an indelible mark on me have been:
As a seven year old, Final fantasy legend 2
In my early teens, Final fantasy 7
In my thirties, TLOU 1&2 remastered

Honourable mentions go to:
Sid Meiers Pirates and Civilisation when I was 8
Warcraft 2 as a 12 year old
Goldeneye at the end of high school
Portal 1 & 2 as a young adult
Tony Hawk Skateboarder 1&2 - both the originals as a teenager, and then the remastered versions against my kids in my late thirties

Last edited:

AFL Senior Coach: Alastair Clarkson
Assistant Coach Defence: TBC
Assistant Coach Midfield: Jordan Russell
Assistant Coach Forwards: Leigh Adams
Assistant Coach: TBC
Assistant Coach: TBC
Ruck Coach: Damian Monkhurst
Head of Development: TBC
VFL Senior Coach/Development Coach: Tom Lynch
Development Coach: TBC
Development Coach: Emma Kearney
slightly left of field here but Hurn for a defence gig?

Goldeneye at the end of high school
late primary/early high school for me
Then came an alien killing game on a new piece of hardware and a game that allowed a young Kraks to (safely) let loose his inner psychotic criminal

Ah when it comes to computer games it’s pong on the black and white tv oil panic hand held thing and donkey kong . I did have a a few yrs of loving FIFA until I started breaking the controls. Tiger Woods golf self harming after missing a putt to win The Masters at Augusta. Plus I got the first ever cricket game on the pc only to have Michael Bevan batting with no head when in the nets so took that one back to the store . One of my sons collects all the old games and consoles which I don’t know much about though. I did love space invaders and Pac-Man on the Atari too

Last edited:
The memories of spending ten minutes trying to load a game on the C64 before getting some bullsh*t error message will never fade.
But then, when it finally did work, you could spend your entire afternoon transfixed by such immersive gaming worlds such as:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NHL94 on the Mega Drive or you wasted your youth.

I had that, NBA Live and FIFA and let me tell you wasn’t I personally the greatest sportsman in the world.

Ah when it comes to computer games it’s pong on the black and white tv oil panic hand held thing and donkey kong . I did have a a few yrs of loving FIFA until I started breaking the controls. Tiger Woods golf self harming after missing a putt to win The Masters at Augusta. Plus I got the first ever cricket game on the pc only to have Michael Bevan batting with no head when in the nets so took that one back to the store . One of my sons collects all the old games and consoles which I don’t know much about though. I did love space invaders and Pac-Man on the Atari too
Yeah, do bring back lot of memories. I use to play Wing Commander in those day. I totally enjoyed it.
adventures amiga GIF

This was my fave C64 game.
And a close second

Positively cutting edge gear right there.

This thread inspired me to start re-watching the 8 hour run through of FF Legends 2, which was the first game I spent untold hours playing.

I don't think I've heard this amazing soundtrack for almost 30 years.

This was my fave C64 game.
And a close second

I was mad for Ghostbusters, Toy Bizarre and Monty On The Run on C64.

Not to mention the prepackaged Wizard Of Wor.

It’s always funny seeing kids faces now when we tell them not only did we have games on tape but if there was more than one on a tape you could be waiting half an hour to play.

But then, when it finally did work, you could spend your entire afternoon transfixed by such immersive gaming worlds such as:

A simpler time when kicking a man in the nuts was the height of entertainment.

So was spending a long time working through Bruce Lee as a team only to throw it all away by "accidentally" kicking your mate out of the game right near the end.

Damn straight.

Between International Karate, Commando, Frank Bruno’s Boxing and the accompanying 8-bit soundtrack, life didn’t get any better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Alastair Clarkson - NMFC Senior Coach - Coaching & Football Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back