Coach Alastair Clarkson - NMFC Senior Coach - Coaching & Football Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't remember if I read it on here, but I do remember hearing that it wasn't just him opening up about what was going on but also talking about how he had been second guessing how he deals with players because of the accusations of the racism saga. Said that he was done with doing that and was just going to be himself and fully invested in the club and each and every relationship.

(oh and we changed a bunch of on-field focuses, which is probably what is 80% responsible for the turn around but isn't as headline grabbing)

I can't remember if I read it on here, but I do remember hearing that it wasn't just him opening up about what was going on but also talking about how he had been second guessing how he deals with players because of the accusations of the racism saga. Said that he was done with doing that and was just going to be himself and fully invested in the club and each and every relationship.

(oh and we changed a bunch of on-field focuses, which is probably what is 80% responsible for the turn around but isn't as headline grabbing)

Yes the specific tactical changes to the game plan that have resulted in the turnaround are starting to become more apparent to keen observers.

We poached him from *.
Nah.

Not in reality and certainly not in chronology. It would have been poaching if they had taken him off us at the 11th hour.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spoke well but ffs can we get some different questions? They literally ask identical questions in nearly every interview with him…
The part where he was open about the impact on him as a coach - and how he chose to deal with it this season and in the bye break - was new and interesting. I hadn’t really considered that it would affect his willingness to invest in a new group of players, or how powerful it would be for him to share that and his change of mindset with the North list.

The part where he was open about the impact on him as a coach - and how he chose to deal with it this season and in the bye break - was new and interesting. I hadn’t really considered that it would affect his willingness to invest in a new group of players, or how powerful it would be for him to share that and his change of mindset with the North list.

I will preface by saying I always care when we are playing it is not something I can easily (or at all) turn off.

However the next game I actually have a real investment in watching us in is the final round. It is contextually the most significant game we have left IMO.

Sure the next 5 weeks can show us a bit and how far we have actually turned a corner. Especially if we come out of it with a win or 2.

By far the most we will learn is in the final round. Hawthorn have easily had our number for some time. We've been out coached and out willed in most encounters. Like they took it personally about who they are playing against.

In round 24 we will truly get to see how willing to fight for their coach this playing list is.

i interpreted that as 'the reason we were shit in the first half of the year was bc clarko wasn't fully committed and therefore neither were the players'

honestly from the outside i thought he was back 100%, didn't know it was still shit behind the scenes.

So as expected, he wasn’t fully committed to coaching the side due to the racism garbage, which changed at the midseason bye.
It wasn't investment in coaching that he was having issues with per se, it was creating and investing in relationships with the players because that specifically was what he got burned by.

Also, that was a weird comment about Trump and the gunman, I was proper baffled at why even go there.

Well, if he wasn’t committed in the first half of the year and the team performances followed accordingly… Kinda not surprising folks on here were questioning if he still had it in him 🤷‍♂️

Anyway, things look a bit better now.

It wasn't investment in coaching that he was having issues with per se, it was creating and investing in relationships with the players because that specifically was what he got burned by.

Also, that was a weird comment about Trump and the gunman, I was proper baffled at why even go there.

I think the players didnt trust him as he wasn't being 100% with them

Vulnerability as a leader nowadays is pretty important

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Alastair Clarkson - NMFC Senior Coach - Coaching & Football Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back