Mega Thread All things Heritier Lumumba (Good luck H. Thread closed)

What do you think of Heritier possibly going?

• Too much drama - let him go

Votes: 204 64.2%
  • Not a good footballer anymore - let him go

Votes: 75 23.6%
  • We should try to hang onto him

Votes: 40 12.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am actually the woman.
So if I was Miranda Kerr my picture wouldn't be "objectifying" women? Apart from which you're still ignoring the point.

Harry got up in front of about 1000 people at a Collingwood function last year and decided to tell a joke..Some of you here will remember the way it went down.
It was along the lines of his girlfriend being a vegetarian but she still liked his meat.. The whole place cringed. Wasn't funny at all.
hahahahahahahahah what???????????????

So if I was Miranda Kerr my picture wouldn't be "objectifying" women? Apart from which you're still ignoring the point.
Are you MK?
I am not ignoring the point. Are you LGBT? Is your best friend a lesbian maybe? Do you know any women. You are actually missing my point. And by the way, you are the one that brought up sexism.

I think he's entitled to his opinion.
If he was that offended take the poster off the wall and be done with it.
Bit awkward for him if everyone else found it funny and he was the only one offended.
By the way "H" thanks for everything & see you at the re-unions.

PS People wanted Heath when we didn't last year and he had issues on & off the field - just sayin'

Harry got up in front of about 1000 people at a Collingwood function last year and decided to tell a joke..Some of you here will remember the way it went down.
It was along the lines of his girlfriend being a vegetarian but she still liked his meat.. The whole place cringed. Wasn't funny at all.

Omg I probably shouldn't be laughing but I can't help it.

So there's a limit on standing up for what you believe in at a footy club? The reaction to this is beyond belief. Somehow because he's a footy player people think he's "above his place" when addressing social issues. Are these the same people who in previous generations would have sacked a woman for challenging sexism too many times?

If it had come out that H had taken exception to a gay slur directed at his teammates ... This thread would likely be a bit different. More folks would be applauding him for taking a stand.

But that's not what has happened.

He's walking out of the club over it!

Taking a stand is one thing - but having a proportional reaction is something else.

You'll be happy to know I looked at it and thought, noice Beamsy!
Thanks, but really I am old enough to be his Mum...actually I think his Mum is younger than me.:eek:

Are you MK?
I am not ignoring the point. Are you LGBT? Is your best friend a lesbian maybe? Do you know any women. You are actually missing my point. And by the way, you are the one that brought up sexism.

Your "point" is my view on what Heretier is trying to address at the football club is somehow irrelevant because I have a picture from a publicity shoot of a woman in a football jumper??? The point is you've started a "debate" with me that has zero to do with what I said and everything to do with an avatar. Clearly it's pointless continuing.

Youtube video?

Why are we so quick to dump it on one of our own so quick? Not all football players are just that, H obviously has some issues outside of football. If the club and H think it's time to part ways then let's respect both parties. Until then to diss on of our own & allowing opposition supporters to take pot shots is pretty damn weak IMO.

What happened to sidebyside?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't really know how to feel about this. I've always liked Harry and through 08-12 he was damn good.

I think Harry has some bigger health problems he needs sorted out to be honest.

If it had come out that H had taken exception to a gay slur directed at his teammates ... This thread would likely be a bit different. More folks would be applauding him for taking a stand.

But that's not what has happened.

He's walking out of the club over it!

Taking a stand is one thing - but having a proportional reaction is something else.

He's still at the club as far as anyone knows and he wouldn't walk out of the club over A slur but because of the lack of support shown by the football club that he loves. Especially when that support could be given with a simple action.

He's still at the club as far as anyone knows and he wouldn't walk out of the club over A slur but because of the lack of support shown by the football club that he loves. Especially when that support could be given with a simple action.

But I don't accept that is at all clear in this instance that the club didn't show support, or that the action Harry wanted was "a simple action".

Your "point" is my view on what Heretier is trying to address at the football club is somehow irrelevant because I have a picture from a publicity shoot of a woman in a football jumper??? The point is you've started a "debate" with me that has zero to do with what I said and everything to do with an avatar. Clearly it's pointless continuing.
No that was not my point at all. I actually have very strong views on LGBT rights, Racial issues (see my avatar), sexism issues (see my avatar), and any other number of issues.....however, I do not appreciate HL way of going about it (L issues:drunk:) and that seems to be his only issue; I assure you women will be dissed more than any other maligned people within a predominately young male workplace in the entire universe....when does he ever bring that up?
Seriously, MK is so gorgeous whenever I see your avatar, I wonder why I ever put on a Collingwood Guernsey and go out in public.
You are actually the one that does not get it.

How do we sell it? Old world charm? Fixer upper?
You would have to start off with:-

Premiership Player Available.

Big bodied mature workhorse in his 20's.
Capable of spinning out of several tackles.
Been known to kick a goal or two.
Has own transport.
Washes his hair now.
I got nothing.

It was a legends members pre season drinks and meet the players night...Bucks, Pendles and about 6 other players were sitting directly behind H when he said it..The looks on their faces was priceless..In a shitty sort of way though as H was representing our club.

I was there and remember what H said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back