Mega Thread All things Heritier Lumumba (Good luck H. Thread closed)

What do you think of Heritier possibly going?

• Too much drama - let him go

Votes: 204 64.2%
  • Not a good footballer anymore - let him go

Votes: 75 23.6%
  • We should try to hang onto him

Votes: 40 12.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
W
Yeah he saw him as a player who he could get cheap to help his young list. Like a poor poor mans Heath Shaw. We ain't getting a first round upgrade for him alone.
Would you take Watts for him. Might be all we get. Or their third round pick. I think he is worth it. I'm not sure about Watts.

W
Would you take Watts for him. Might be all we get. Or their third round pick. I think he is worth it. I'm not sure about Watts.
I really wish people would stop bring up Watts.
A. He's shit
b. We have no need for him in the position he plays
C. We have better players who already play his role.

We need.
A small forward.
2-3 more Midfielders.
A solid hard bodied full back.

Stop bringing up Jack Watts. Horrible weak vanilla player.
We don't need anymore average footballers at Collingwood.

Watts is a gun and is what we need :):D:p

How so? As CEO Pert's role is the head of administration nothing to do with football department matters it is about separation of powers.

In my workplace the CEO delegates to his managers in this instance that's Hine.

And in my workplace the correct channel for people to go through on issues that are likely to be potentially controversial or difficult is to put a call into the boss as a courtesy at least.

Melbourne being transparent means them calling Pert and getting his blessing. He might say "yeah, go speak to Hine" or whatever but he's the appropriate point to engage. He's across what Eade would think, what Eddie would think etc.

He can walk bare arsed up Bourke st with a sign reading "will play for food" if it means we get something for him.

I agree and I'd prefer him doing that every day of the week rather than meeting the coach of an opponent as openly as he did.

With that move he's no longer a Collingwood person to me regardless of whether it was sanctioned or not. We all see these matters differently though and there's nothing wrong with that!

I agree and I'd prefer him doing that every day of the week rather than meeting the coach of an opponent as openly as he did.

With that move he's no longer a Collingwood person to me regardless of whether it was sanctioned or not. We all see these matters differently though and there's nothing wrong with that!
Disagree, cause that would have him looking desperate. Meeting with oppo coaches may have a demand for his "talent", better trade bait :)

Roos obviously thinks he has some value. He was quick to organize a catch up with him to discuss where he is at. The story only just broke and they were having coffee.

A case of Ben McGlynn / Josh Kennedy/ Rhyce Shaw type scenario here for Roosy in terms of bringing in players from other clubs.

It's perfect for us that he is interested so we don't have to be stuck with him any longer.

Is he gone yet?

Sorry, finding it really hard to be sympathetic to this guy.

Yes he was great in 2010 and was a huge contributor to the flag etc etc - but we live in the present.

A workplace and it's workers functions way better when it's a happy place to be - be a place where you can have a bit of fun and banter, build some much needed comraderie and to provide a mental break from the pressure cooker atmosphere of match day, of endless team meetings and let alone added to that when the club is losing week after week and under huge pressure.

It is imperative to be able to let off steam with light hearted stuff like that. No I am not advocating true homophobia/ racism etc - who would - but this was not remotely homophobia ffs - it was a bit of fun, but seriously if everyone has to watch everything that comes out their mouth because of this childish crusader, then the club needs to be rid of him. And if this is how he sees the Club, then he needs to go himself.

For him to think that's homophobia, that is simply the sign of a man looking for a cause to jump on his platform once again. Embarrassing for him and shows he's not actually clever at all. Mind you, that was pretty clear after his diabolical and overly enthusiastic potting of Eddie.

Maybe he can go play with that fat c*nt Hawkins, isn't that what he called him.

Sorry for rant - don't usually stay pissed off for this long - this has really shat me off big time. As if it's not hard enough for everyone round the Club right now without this jumped up, quasi-intelligent primadonna.

Players meeting with opposing clubs really does mean anything in terms of respect/disrespect anymore. It's become accepted and will be increasingly common due to free agency. Clubs are going to do it all the time. In circumstances like these, where Melbourne were professional and called our CEO first to flag the meeting with him, we have nothing to complain about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And in my workplace the correct channel for people to go through on issues that are likely to be potentially controversial or difficult is to put a call into the boss as a courtesy at least.

Melbourne being transparent means them calling Pert and getting his blessing. He might say "yeah, go speak to Hine" or whatever but he's the appropriate point to engage. He's across what Eade would think, what Eddie would think etc.

Haha the only reason the call went to Pert (if it did) is because he and Roos are buddies.

In this case the boss is Hine because even if it's a potentially controversial or difficult situation it's a football department matter nothing to do with admin (you always follow the chain of command on these matters). Once the call is made by Hine it's run by Pert to keep him in the loop not the reverse.

Honestly who cares what Eddie thinks his job is to represent us and make sure the people in those departments (football, operations, high performance etc) are doing their jobs. His micro management is the one and only area he's ever struggled with in his presidency.

Disagree, cause that would have him looking desperate. Meeting with oppo coaches may have a demand for his "talent", better trade bait :)

That was the old days, teams are more professional than that now and in most cases often assist players in finding new homes to the benefit of both parties.

Geoff Walsh was a pioneer and true professional in this area.

Is he gone yet?

Sorry, finding it really hard to be sympathetic to this guy.

Yes he was great in 2010 and was a huge contributor to the flag etc etc - but we live in the present.

A workplace and it's workers functions way better when it's a happy place to be - be a place where you can have a bit of fun and banter, build some much needed comraderie and to provide a mental break from the pressure cooker atmosphere of match day, of endless team meetings and let alone added to that when the club is losing week after week and under huge pressure.

It is imperative to be able to let off steam with light hearted stuff like that. No I am not advocating true homophobia/ racism etc - who would - but this was not remotely homophobia ffs - it was a bit of fun, but seriously if everyone has to watch everything that comes out their mouth because of this childish crusader, then the club needs to be rid of him. And if this is how he sees the Club, then he needs to go himself.

For him to think that's homophobia, that is simply the sign of a man looking for a cause to jump on his platform once again. Embarrassing for him and shows he's not actually clever at all. Mind you, that was pretty clear after his diabolical and overly enthusiastic potting of Eddie.

Sorry for rant - don't usually stay pissed off for this long - this has really shat me off big time. As if it's not hard enough for everyone round the Club right now without this jumped up, quasi-intelligent primadonna.

Could not have said it better after watching the first 2 finals games there is a lot more to talk about than HO or HL

That was the old days, teams are more professional than that now and in most cases often assist players in finding new homes to the benefit of both parties.

Geoff Walsh was a pioneer in this area.
Harry isn't old school though, I'm happy for him to shop around in public cause most know he is a bit unbalanced, but in a good way :)

Where the F### are the Mod's when you need them?;)

+10:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Love the rant and the passion Swooop.:)

Last edited:
I'm sick of us bringing in players that have no purpose. Watts is key position but doesn't play it well. If we bring him in and use him as a half back player I'd be pissed. I don't want to go near him.
I'd rather recruit players that play a position well and put them in that flaming position.
The Leon Davis experiment worked but it's over now. We've got guys like Sinclair running around at half back because he can't kick a for shit at goals and Goldsack "filling a role"

Fasolo is running around down back he's leading forward.

Biggest positive is Ramsay is playing the role is he meant to play. Back pocket.

So many guys are played out of position under Buckley that don't play well or could either should be delisted like Sinclair because he can't kick goals or Fasolo who should be played forward.

Point is. Jack Watts has failed to become a good player in the role he was made for. Full Forward. Stay the hell away. Recruit players that can play well in the role they know best!
Rant over.

Watts can play as a third tall defender. He could play kinda a Maxwell role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back