Mega Thread All things Heritier Lumumba (Good luck H. Thread closed)

What do you think of Heritier possibly going?

• Too much drama - let him go

Votes: 204 64.2%
  • Not a good footballer anymore - let him go

Votes: 75 23.6%
  • We should try to hang onto him

Votes: 40 12.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
images
HarryOBrien.jpg
images

Also he has every right to question homophobic slurs in the workplace, it is 2014 after all.

No issue with him questioning it. Weird that he has made it about him again rather than the behaviour, and as reported doesn't sound like he's handled it at all professionally, while the club has seemingly gone to a fair bit of effort to allow him to voice his opinion and take it seriously. As reported, it sounds like he wanted a witch hunt and public flogging for the person that wrote the graffiti, which is a fairly extreme position to take.

If he played for another team and they were asking for a second round pick I would have told them to get stuffed and I am expecting us to get that treatment.

In order to get something decent we will need to package him with something else.

Sometimes I wonder about some of the posters on this board. We are talking about a workplace that is predominately 18-30 boys. Most socially stunted due to rigours of training to be an elite sporstsman. Think about your week...how many times have you heard inappropriate comments from people? Do you jump on them all? I have been around young men most of my life, I hear and see crap you can not imagine. You think LGBT get it bad? You think Asians get it bad? You think Blacks get it bad?....etc, etc, etc......YOU HAVE NO IDEA! Women get it the worst, the absolute worst. But, care factor, I deal, I do not care because I know what is tongue in cheek and what is not. As long as it is not threating and they listen (somewhat) to my rebuttals, such is life.
Seriously, I wonder if those most incensed on this board are middle class, white, young, PC males.

If he played for another team and they were asking for a second round pick I would have told them to get stuffed and I am expecting us to get that treatment.

In order to get something decent we will need to package him with something else.
Surely him being such a solid citizen counts for something?
Think of all the wisdom he could impart to new teammates.
That's invaluable.

Sometimes I wonder about some of the posters on this board. We are talking about a workplace that is predominately 18-30 boys. Most socially stunted due to rigours of training to be an elite sporstsman. Think about your week...how many times have you heard inappropriate comments from people? Do you jump on them all? I have been around young men most of my life, I hear and see crap you can not imagine. You think LGBT get it bad? You think Asians get it bad? You think Blacks get it bad?....etc, etc, etc......YOU HAVE NO IDEA! Women get it the worst, the absolute worst. But, care factor, I deal, I do not care because I know what is tongue in cheek and what is not. As long as it is not threating and they listen (somewhat) to my rebuttals, such is life.
Seriously, I wonder if those most incensed on this board are middle class, white, young, PC males.
You typed that from the kitchen? ;)

It's pretty disappointing how many people here are lining up to have a pop when they don't actually know what went on or whether he ever even threatened to leave. Remember that time Goldsack was going to Port?

Here we go, clear out some more collingwood premiership players.
You know players only have a limited life span at a/any club? Check out other premiership winners over the last few years and see what/where their premiership players are. Gavin Brown is a Collingwood premiership player, should he pull on his boots for round one 2015?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's pretty disappointing how many people here are lining up to have a pop when they don't actually know what went on or whether he ever even threatened to leave. Remember that time Goldsack was going to Port?
I am not really dissing HL, I take what the media reports with some grains of salt....however, I do think HL can think too much and play too little.

A f**king newspaper article that dramatises what is more than likely a few simple discussions about a childish, boganish attempt at humour and 90% of posters want to let him go?? It's those 90% that are being the drama queens, not Heretier. Surely nobody thinks his reaction is based purely on the graffittied poster? It's likely that he's put up with hearing these sorts of childish gay slurs from "it's just a joke" players at the club and chose to take the club to task about it through the poster. Clearly, he's trying to drag the football club out of primary school. He should be applauded for his passion for social change - unlike all the "doing something just to be seen to be doing something" that's done by clubs, businesses, politicians and organisations for the sake of addressing bad publicity, Heretier has real empathy for those who may be affected by sh!t like this and has the guts to stand up and do something about it. If the Collingwood Football club can't recognise that and address what should be a simple problem to fix then they don't deserve to keep him.

I am not really dissing HL, I take what the media reports with some grains of salt....however, I do think HL can think too much and play too little.
Definitely, and don't get me wrong, if that story is accurate then maybe it's for the best that he goes. I just don't like the disrespect shown towards a guy who contributed to our premiership year

A shame if it was to end like this

A f**king newspaper article that dramatises what is more than likely a few simple discussions about a childish, boganish attempt at humour and 90% of posters want to let him go?? .

H has form.

If it had been any of the other 40 or so players on our list then there might be a bit more sympathy for the cause.

But there comes a time when enough is enough.

Oops my bad. He was listed as 183 on google , I then checked the gws website and he is indeed 188. So I reckon we could trade harry for o rourke and shiels. We could add our third round pick as well.

Lol. Kidding yourself of you think that'd work. Shiel is worth a top 5 pick in his own right.

As for Harry, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

It's likely that he's put up with hearing these sorts of childish gay slurs from "it's just a joke" players at the club and chose to take the club to task about it through the poster. Clearly, he's trying to drag the football club out of primary school. He should be applauded for his passion for social change - unlike all the "doing something just to be seen to be doing something" that's done by clubs, businesses, politicians and organisations for the sake of addressing bad publicity, Heretier has real empathy for those who may be affected by sh!t like this and has the guts to stand up and do something about it. If the Collingwood Football club can't recognise that and address what should be a simple problem to fix then they don't deserve to keep him.

And yet you choose to have an avatar of a model in a Collingwood jumper....yes jump on LGBT rights but, forget about women....objectifying them is all good! Unless you are James Packer, I feel your avatar is no better than a poster suggesting two players go to New Orleans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back