Australia World Cup Squad 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

how is he going this season? i haven't seen him in the BBL this season

249 runs at 62.75 with the bat.

Actually a bit more runs than I thought he had scored but he's scored quite well in previous seasons as well.

I haven't actually seen much of him keep this season but from what I saw in the past he's pretty tidy

249 runs at 62.75 with the bat.

Actually a bit more runs than I thought he had scored but he's scored quite well in previous seasons as well.

I haven't actually seen much of him keep this season but from what I saw in the past he's pretty tidy
he is tidy with the gloves, but his batting, id have in the longer form of the game.
for the t20 or Odi's id have Ludeman, Pain or Dunk

I wouldn't be hitching an anti-vic bias assertion to those that dislike Wade.

He has potential to make the Aus side... as a batsman. Not test keeper quality.

I have some concerns over whiteman as well - though he surprises me. I only generally get to see him in the BBL and in the last 2 years I've seen him muff some easy dismissals. Then he takes screamers as well.

Would be well served doing a county season to get used to keeping up on pitches that stay low

Whiteman would also have no problems with visas given he was born in Yorkshire
I hope he and Handscomb use their British passports to play as a local next season. Handscomb at somewhere like Notts and Whiteman somewhere like Yorkshire.

I've always been a big Peter Siddle fan and would love to see him bounce back. There you go.
and I've always been a big fan of Cam White as a batsman and would prefer him in the side to Dumb Dumb Warner

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My thoughts on the WC squad;

I don't mind Harris being rested, he is one of our 2 best bowlers, but we have plenty of other options. I'd like to see Harris cheery ripe for the Ashes. Doherty was a poor choice as spinner, he has had his chance and doesn't get enough wickets or contain runs that well.

Haddin over Wade. Haddin's glove work is better and Wade's batting has been indifferent of late, and he isn't a power hitter and struggles to work the ball around.

When it comes to the batsmen; Finch, Warner and Watson top 3 will we see Bailey, Clarke and Smith round out the top 6 or someone like M.Marsh/Maxwell at 6? Honestly if we pick only 2 of Bailey, Clarke and Smith I personally wouldn't pick Clarke. Bailey's power hitting and form over the last 2 years picks himself. I see smith as a better hitter than Clarke and can work the ball to all sections of a cricket ground. If we leave out an allrounder at 6 clarke plays and Doherty is in at the expense of a quick.

I don't mind Harris being rested, he is one of our 2 best bowlers, but we have plenty of other options. I'd like to see Harris cheery ripe for the Ashes. Doherty was a poor choice as spinner, he has had his chance and doesn't get enough wickets or contain runs that well.

Haddin over Wade. Haddin's glove work is better and Wade's batting has been indifferent of late, and he isn't a power hitter and struggles to work the ball around.

When it comes to the batsmen; Finch, Warner and Watson top 3 will we see Bailey, Clarke and Smith round out the top 6 or someone like M.Marsh/Maxwell at 6? Honestly if we pick only 2 of Bailey, Clarke and Smith I personally wouldn't pick Clarke. Bailey's power hitting and form over the last 2 years picks himself. I see smith as a better hitter than Clarke and can work the ball to all sections of a cricket ground. If we leave out an allrounder at 6 clarke plays and Doherty is in at the expense of a quick.

I'd prefer to not pick one of finch or watson...

ODIs Mathew Wade from 42 innings. Average 22, sr 70. Ordinary at best with the glove at times poor.

Yeah that really screams pick me :drunk:

Plus he has dropped at least 3 in the Big Bash! I would have nightmares about him Keeping and dropping ABDV!

Bailey has been poor in the last 12 months. Averaged about 23 in 2014. If Clarke is fit I'd have him in the side.

Hopefully Bailey can find some form in the upcoming series though as I'm doubtful Clarke will be right.

Why are the surplus - don't like taking wickets? If your only justification is that he is left handed ... that is ******* rubbish

Genuine pace?? by your rationale that is surplus to our needs we already have Starc and Johnson...

and how has cummins performed?
I'd say Behrendorff's inability to bowl at the death has more to do with him being left out. If anything, I'd say it was Hazlewood or Behrendorff. Hazlewood's the one with the performances on the board, so he got the spot.

Watto should be opening. Without Watson having a good WC we will find it really hard to win. Warner/Fitch combo is just way too hit and miss.

Yeah i agree with Watson opening but being realistic it won't happen. Reckon Warner is set for this stage, Finch is the one that worries me the most.

Clark should not be picked period!
Give his spot to Smith, he has shown time and time again that his back is no good. He should be just picked to play test cricket

Remove this Banner Ad

Australia World Cup Squad 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Back