Autopsy Autopsy v Dog

bog

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

We can’t really complain
Government paying a fair bit for the punt road redevelopment as well

Plenty to winge about re Geelong but getting a stadium improvement isn’t one
Is that true Moose ? I thought Scat Park got funded and Punt Rd missed out ?

To those Bulldogs campaigners and the Geelol clown Happy Cheffey who came on here with their thumbs up and laughing posts just worry about your own s....truck clubs.

randy savage hd GIF

Do you watch other games? Bad calls happen in every single game. It’s just the way the game is because of the interpretations.

The AFL aren’t telling the umpires to go against us so we lose. Some of you might need to seek help.

That doesn’t explain us being bottom of the free kick differential ladder 6-years in a row. And don’t give me garbage about ‘it’s the way we play’, because to suggest we tackle differently to other teams or jump in backs and the like makes no sense at all.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I would be using the next 2 games against Sydney & Melbourne and junior development games and writing them off as a nothing period and if we win - Its a bonus.

after 6 rounds just having 1 win 1 draw wont be the end of the world and get our team primed for an onslaught round 7 onward

Keep the kids playing

If Lynch gets rubbed out for accidental contact in a marking contest I’m finished with the game of afl I can’t stand watching it anymore and Rohan Connelly saying on 3aw yesterday he reckons the game is in the best shape it has ever been in now you have media muppets scared to lose their jobs if they talk bad about the afl

Lynch’s eyes never left the ball. He’d mistimed his lead and the ball was sailing over his head. That’s why his arms were not up and going for the mark, it was well over his head. At the same time he realises the ball is out of reach, his peripheral vision picks up Keath coming from front on so he braces for contact. Never looked at Keath, and didn’t go for the mark as it was out of reach.

So I am very interested to know what his alternative was? Don’t brace for contact? Put your arms up for a ball a foot over your outstretched arms and leave yourself open to have your ribs caved in?

So if you hear anyone in the media say ‘he has to go’, make sure you hear what they believe his alternative was, in the split second between realising he’d mistime his lead and the ball was out of reach and Keath was about to launch into him from front on.

We get a raw deal from the umpires - 6-years in a row of being at the bottom of the free kick differential cannot be coincidence. It’s likely because Balmey gave the snowflakes a massive bake at the end of 2016 so they give us less 50/50’s than other teams and vice versa.

When I watch Charlie Curnow get given the world it does make me wonder when you see Lynch get mauled with barely a free his way week after week - but if Lynch so much breathes on his opponent it’s a free.

The other thing that has crept in is Martin gets afforded no prior opportunity even when he’s not fending.

There are a range of reasons why you lose games of football and umpiring is one of them. We lost by 5-points. McComb was gifted a free for a goal. Back to back soft frees to JUH and Naughton gifted a goal. A dubious 50m against Graham gifted a goal. A HTB free against Baker when he’d taken 2 steps and was tackled gifted a goal. I think there was one other dubious free they got a goal from. From memory we got zero goals from free kicks.

The point is, Graham’s 50m penalty is overlooked 99% of the time if they go 25cm over the mark. The free to McComb is never given directly in front of goal. The little push in the backs can easily be let go (and usually are) and no-one bats an eyelid. Baker’s could have easily been called a ball-up for no prior etc….

But the umpires generally look to pay 50/50’s against us, and very rarely give soft frees to us, particularly in front of goal.

If you give us a few dicey ones in front of goal yesterday and none to the Dogs, we win the game. That’s not umpire bashing, that’s a fact.

All teams across a season ‘win some’ and ‘lose some’ with the umpires and it evens out. They help you win a couple of tight ones, and other times they might contribute to the loss.

But when is the last time over the last 6-years you watched a close margin Tigers game and genuinely thought “Gee, we got the rub of the green with the umpires today and probably jagged a bit of a lucky win”? I can’t recall many, if any.

They are not the only reason we lost yesterday, but the umpiring was a factor.

Last game I felt we did alright was th 2017 grand final... not just our games getting decided by umpiring, every close game seems to be given to the winner

I think what most forget is this ain’t RFC 2017-2020 , we got 7+ young players In The side and several veterans that are well and truly off their peak , so temper your expectations accordingly. The good news is that we re mighty competitive , the youngsters we’ve added are impacting . despite our defense holding up , without the usual intercepts from grimes, broad and co we are simply spoiling and it then goes to 50/50 . Intercept used to be a genuine strength . I’d be looking for a spot for biggy or perhaps that’s why we gave Bauer a shot in the D50 yesterday
Yeah I agree mate, we're a rebuild in progress.

I think people need to temper their expectations of taranto and Hopper. They'll hit their strides by halfway they the year and they've both been more than serviceable in their 4 games. People seem to think they'll walk in and boot 5 a game and get 30 cp each.

Last game I felt we did alright was th 2017 grand final... not just our games getting decided by umpiring, every close game seems to be given to the winner

The GF are officiated way better as they don’t pay the tiggy touchwood frees. Think the Betts hold and even jacks first goal in 19 when he just slightly grabbed the jumper before over lapping and kicking the snap.
Technically could have peen paid but they let them go to keep the flow of the game moving. So much better to watch

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where are the next Riewoldt, Cotchin, Martin, Prestia, Lynch? Not coming from second round picks that's for sure!
Interesting you posted this whilst im watching the GWS game

There are 16 1st round picks running around on the ground (2 now playing for essendon but started at GWS)
also another 12 playing for essendon also

I cant see any Riewoldt, Cotchin, Martin, Prestia, Lynch's playing in that game

Whateley with his concerned "state of the game" face this week,can't wait sigh.

Neutrals want him cleared but the Tiger haters in the media throwing the book at him.
Everyone but Kornes on channel 9 was saying it shouldnt be a week. Whankly will go with his bullshit and then Robbo will be drunk and slurring some indecipherable speech about how it shouldnt be a suspension.

Our gamestyle requires us to be speedy and dangerous ahead of the ball. Right now we are neither. I would throw the magnets around, play all of Rioli x 2 and Baker forward. Short back to defence and back in Hugo. That would also give Bolton more midfield time.

Short Balta Young
Hugo Grimes Vlas
Pickett Taranto KMac
Baker Lynch D Rioli
Dusty Jack M Rioli
Nank Bolton Hopper

Prestia Cumberland Ryan Cotch

Our gamestyle requires us to be speedy and dangerous ahead of the ball. Right now we are neither. I would throw the magnets around, play all of Rioli x 2 and Baker forward. Short back to defence and back in Hugo. That would also give Bolton more midfield time.
Our game style is literally based around Rioli and Bakers bounce off half back. We’d be robbing ourselves of our best rebound defender

Our game style is literally based around Rioli and Bakers bounce off half back. We’d be robbing ourselves of our best rebound defender

But it doesn't work, how long are we going to give that? Yeah Baker and Rioli look good, but our forward line is awful. Moving them to the half forward line might also help our midfield.

Yeah I agree mate, we're a rebuild in progress.

I think people need to temper their expectations of taranto and Hopper. They'll hit their strides by halfway they the year and they've both been more than serviceable in their 4 games. People seem to think they'll walk in and boot 5 a game and get 30 cp each.
They’re def impacting with their 50p a week bw them , we wouldn’t be competitive without them , mounting injuries are a bloody worry , I worry lynch could be a casualty now , hoping for the best

To those Bulldogs campaigners and the Geelol clown Happy Cheffey who came on here with their thumbs up and laughing posts just worry about your own s....truck clubs.

randy savage hd GIF
Happy is still reeling that we won 3 flags, he tries hard to pretend it never happened.

Jumped on West Coast and they turned to shit and now he jumps on the cats. He is a reverse jinx 🤣

Ahhh dunno the core group of A graders when we won our flags -
Cotchin - pick 2
Martin - pick 3
Reiwoldt - pick 13
Rance - pick 18
Still takes time
How many years even with all those guys on the list before we saw success with them and all 4 of them are pretty much generational talents

Luck comes into play as well for every pick 3 Dustin Martin you have a pick 3 Paddy Dow

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Autopsy v Dog

Back