Autopsy Autopsy vs GCS - no longer 18th

Remove this Banner Ad

Please stop pumping up Montagna, he is anti north and only jumping on the train early cos he knows we're gonna be elite, similar to Kane. He questioned if McKercher even intended the pass after the long run. He is a flog at heart.
Nah he predicted we were gonna win yesterday and his analysis is pretty good, among the best of the tv commentators.

Also, his excitement at Powell's torp and Kerch's sprint came across as totally unconfected.

So what is missing?
Smashed them in clearances and possessions but still only scraped home for the win. Given the massive inside 50 differential, the suns probably should have won.

Our backline is much improved and our midfield is firing more consistently these days, yet there is something(s) still not quite right?

So what is missing?
Smashed them in clearances and possessions but still only scraped home for the win. Given the massive inside 50 differential, the suns probably should have won.

Our backline is much improved and our midfield is firing more consistently these days, yet there is something(s) still not quite right?
We give up too many repeat entries due to poor long kicks exiting fifty.

So what is missing?

We still can’t transition the footy effectively often enough

We still can’t transition the footy effectively often enough
We appear to be too static when we turn the ball over in our back half. Watching how GC seemed to seamlessly rebound the ball was nerve-wracking. It’s a credit to our backline that we held up in the face of it.

We appear to be too static when we turn the ball over in our back half. Watching how GC seemed to seamlessly rebound the ball was nerve-wracking. It’s a credit to our backline that we held up in the face of it.
This. That will be the next evolution of this side.

We give up too many repeat entries due to poor long kicks exiting fifty.

It would be fair to say that there are two main culprits. It would be a significant improvement if we had great ball users in those positions.
I also think poor skills by hand often cause issues. Either it kills forward momentum as the receiver of the handball has to stop and look for an open player behind the ball, or it leads to a turnover. If our whole team had Tom Powell's handballing skills we would be scoring significantly more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been to 9 game (including yesterday) since I started following North last year. First game was the first Essendon game that we lost by a goal, and it's been heartbreak since (we also attended the Freo, Pies, and Dees games this year)... which made yesterday's game all the sweeter. When the siren went I jumped up with everyone else, and promptly had to grab the railing because I was dizzy - I think I'd been holding my breath without realising for the final minute. Our earlier win this year was great, but being there was amazing, and I feel like I am legitimately still on a high from actually seeing a win live.

I think yesterday was also the first game I've been to with a crowd that was totally North dominated, and that was awesome too. We are a really loud fanbase! I do wonder if our naked hostility to the umpires is partly responsible for us getting some 'unfavourable' treatment recently. Is that common among all teams?
Out of interest Amicalola, how did you come to support this great club only a year ago?

Yeah, look at the ground I didn’t notice him much. I watched the replay this morning, and he had enormous 1st and 3rd quarters.

Interesting game in that apart from Scott, X and Powell, I thought that our big names drifted out of the game and then slammed on the accelerator at times. It is probably a symptom of us getting the mid mix and rotations right.
The first 5 mins he was on to it up to his eyes.

So what is missing?

Wardlaw and logue are what's missing

Gc are among the best spreaders on the league. The way they are tracking they will be rebound kings.

another sign to show we are progressing as a side and getting even contributions across the whole board. our bottom six players for disposals(i didn’t include taylor as he was the sub) all kicked goals. shows that whilst they may not be racking up disposals like sheezel and LDU they are still contributing in the most important stat their is. IMG_6261.jpeg

another sign to show we are progressing as a side and getting even contributions across the whole board. our bottom six players for disposals(i didn’t include taylor as he was the sub) all kicked goals. shows that whilst they may not be racking up disposals like sheezel and LDU they are still contributing in the most important stat their is.View attachment 2041931
Watching the replay it’s amazing Shiels only had the 10 touches. Felt like it was one of his better games for a while. He still wants it badly, great level of commitment.

Comben, Corr, Archer and Dawson saved our asses so many times.

Chom dominated the air after half time, Corr had King in his pocket, Archer towelled up Lukoscius and Dawson probably had the best fisted spoil I’ve seen since Mick was running around.

Finally got to watch the replay last night
we were really really good in large patches. That was a pretty good Gold Coast team and North just belted them at stages.

had some down patches but you're going to get that

One minor criticism is that he players were too unselfish at times. Number of times players passed the ball off when they should have had a crack themselves !

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Autopsy vs GCS - no longer 18th

Remove this Banner Ad

Back