Autopsy Autopsy vs GCS - no longer 18th

Remove this Banner Ad

I know I mentioned it before but when GC got closer and closer it was amazing to witness the crowd still cheer the players on for the next centre bounce and contest. It would've been so easy to lose our voice but we all got behind them and we wanted to be heard.

Thats the Shinboner Spirit right there.
Yep. It went up a gear right at the end.

I got into football last year and grew up in North Melbourne, so picked the club automatically without quite realising how bad we were at that point.

But I also much prefer supporting a smaller underdog club than a big one. My most hated clubs are Collingwood, Carlton, and WCE, while my other favourites are Freo and GWS. If I had known more, I would have probably picked North anyway due to living in Victoria and choosing between those three. In that sense I just got lucky.
Well, you are welcome with open arms!!!
Hopefully you can bring a few mates along for the ride.

Yeah that's him!
He's Paul. Paul the painter.

Is he also known as metal Micky?

I haven't seen him for a while but I'm guessing he is getting close to running out of his stock of white overalls. When I spoke with him last year he said he only had a couple of pairs left from his original supply.

He's Paul. Paul the painter.

Is he also known as metal Micky?

I haven't seen him for a while but I'm guessing he is getting close to running out of his stock of white overalls. When I spoke with him last year he said he only had a couple of pairs left from his original supply.
Done some researchin' and found out that Paul and Mickey are different people...

Screenshot_2024-07-09-08-11-25-08_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

GCS suns could have won for sure, but I am of the opinion that the defence stood up and were able to withstand the attacks better than in many earlier games.

Happy with that!
Yep, absolutely mate. The defense has been awesome over the past month as has our structure.

In the long run though against the better sides the more opportunities you give them the more you're punished. I also think we're not there with our outlet kick yet under pressure so it is resulting in repeat entries.

Yep, absolutely mate. The defense has been awesome over the past month as has our structure.

In the long run though against the better sides the more opportunities you give them the more you're punished. I also think we're not there with our outlet kick yet under pressure so it is resulting in repeat entries.
It definitely shouldn't have gotten to the point where they had a set shot to win the game. But in saying that, we've managed to create 2-3 opportunities ourselves to ice it and missed them as well. In the end, despite all their inside 50 dominance, the better team won

It definitely shouldn't have gotten to the point where they had a set shot to win the game. But in saying that, we've managed to create 2-3 opportunities ourselves to ice it and missed them as well. In the end, despite all their inside 50 dominance, the better team won
Shiels having his hand kicked off.

Xerri dropping a chest mark.

Ford bottling a pass to Zurhaar.

LDU being a bit too cute after Sheezel’s smother along with his Point of the Year.

Had a fair few chances to completely ice it.

But we won, so **** it.

Last edited:
Such a stark contrast to the despair & despondency on the faces of the North faithful as I walked around Marvel at the Hawthorn game.

Heartbreak to ecstasy. Ah the life of a footy fan.
That was such a painful day.

Let's hope we've seen the last of such diabolical performances.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

seriously how bloody good is it being at work after your team has had a win? seriously how good is it!
I had the scarf on yesterday and a bloke swigging wine on the train was pumping me up about the win.

The best thing about all this is that, apart possibly from Corr, none of our best players are over 26. Plus, our superstars are teenagers! There’s been nothing like this since the early nineties! Gone are the days that commentators were complaining that “the old guys” (Boomer, Petrie, Spud, Thommo, Dal Santo, Wells, Waite, etc.) were winning games for us - when will the next generation step up, blah, blah? Before that, it was Simmo, Archer, King, Grant, Sav….

There was such a great vibe - small number of opposition supporters and the North people were up and about from the start. Being there to see a win was amazing but everyone seemed to be up for a good time either way.

I was doing the math with about 5 minutes to go and realised with a couple of goals they could win

I prepared myself to losing

Then the 1 minute board came up on the boundary

Longest 1 minute of the season

I was doing the math with about 5 minutes to go and realised with a couple of goals they could win

I prepared myself to losing

Then the 1 minute board came up on the boundary

Longest 1 minute of the season
That last 10 seconds felt like it was the longest part of the last minute.

Yep I wouldn’t change not knowing at the Ground
There was a guy sitting behind me doing a countdown. He might have been watching on Foxtel or he saw the sign - I'm not sure. It was kind of nerve inducing when my Kerridge pick was taking that last set shot all the way through until Sheez got a hand on that ball to thwart the last possible forward thrust by the GCS. AT that point I knew that any hope they had was snuffed.

The last few minutes with the crowd going berserk and how we kept attacking... absolute delirium... the wave of noise as LDU burst through and just missed that goal was insane. And seeing all the little things that happened in those last minutes to lock down the win, so many little moments that made a huge difference. A genuine team effort.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back