Autopsy Autopsy vs WCE

Remove this Banner Ad

Copped a hard knock in the marking contest, went off pretty much straight after. Looked alright in the rooms
It was pretty obvious that Simpson’s plan was to hurt us as physically as possible. There was a lot of dirty shit and we were too inexperienced, too dumb, too lacking in skill to rise above it. The fact that we had 4 players on the bench injured for 10-15 minutes in the third showed how effective that was.

Almost beaten by a team with three genuine players.
Yes, but their top end is better than pretty much anything we’ve even got. We’ve got a lot of really ordinary players, particularly by foot.
These blokes below would all be superstars in our minds if they played for us.
McGovern
Shuey
Ryan
Kelly
Rioli
hurn

Then the blokes they bought in are probably on par with most of our list really. Other than a few, but we lost 2 of em in first half.

One of those games where the winning side plays to the level of opposition. We looked ordinary, had some injuries, and some blokes down on form. However, we had a ruckman get 20 and some clunkers, our number 1 got some valuable on ball minutes, bonar got a run in and come out relatively bruise free, great confidence builders for CT, Powell and Corr.

Said it in the 1st half, Hall hits some of the tracer bullets and we go in 5 to 6 goals up and its a different game. Footy is a bloody cruel mistress

The likelihood of Hall hitting more than 1 out of 3 or 4 targets is zero. That hope is forlorn.

I went last week with a group of Hawthorn supporting mates who insisted it was the worst win they'd ever seen and that they'd be lucky to win another game for the year. Then last night they smashed last year's preliminary finalists on their home deck.
Football's a funny game. Just sayin'. Don't judge a season before all sides have had a bat on it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im not 100% sure why theres so much negativity on here.

Regardless of who they had out, we also had Cunnington, LDU, Thomas, Mckay, Anderson and Phillips. Theres a fair bit of talent there i reckon.

Strong games from Greenwood, JHF, Corr and Powell were positives for me. Negatives i thought Polec made some mistakes, Ziebell made some mistakes and Simpkin wasnt his usual self. Good that we can win without him having to dominate. Larkey brilliant obviously. I thought Mahony was good too.

Next two games are pretty much free hits, we will be going very very well to win one of them. LDU is obviously out, so that opens up time for JHF to spend in the middle, as well as Powelly spending time in the middle when he can. I reckon there will be a number of changes again.

Ill have a quick stab:

Out: LDU, Thomas, Young
In: Mckay, Hayden, Stephenson

Stevo has to come in now. Replaces Tarryn. Powell goes into the midfield rotation with Hugh, Simpkin, JHF, with a wing rotation of Stevo, Polec, Lazzaro. Could even throw Taylor in the middle for a little bit, if need be.

Mckay, Corr and Walker together. Hayden potentially goes to Charlie Cameron.

I would imagine Phillips is looking at Good friday to return, i reckon he will miss this extended road trip.

One of those games where the winning side plays to the level of opposition. We looked ordinary, had some injuries, and some blokes down on form. However, we had a ruckman get 20 and some clunkers, our number 1 got some valuable on ball minutes, bonar got a run in and come out relatively bruise free, great confidence builders for CT, Powell and Corr.

Said it in the 1st half, Hall hits some of the tracer bullets and we go in 5 to 6 goals up and its a different game. Footy is a bloody cruel mistress
Or he, alongside a few others down back are just the dumbest footballers we’ve ever seen.
The likelihood of Hall hitting more than 1 out of 3 or 4 targets is zero. That hope is forlorn.

Don’t say it too loud, they’ll come for you.

He and Turner are genuinely hopeless.

No, I think it was 14 players in a lift with Derm.
Did anybody notice Dermie's new coiffure. It's still rather bouffant, but he's rocking a paler shade of fake blonde these days. I wonder if Declan noticed this when they were in the lift before the game today?

Last edited:
It was pretty obvious that Simpson’s plan was to hurt us as physically as possible. There was a lot of dirty shit and we were too inexperienced, too dumb, too lacking in skill to rise above it. The fact that we had 4 players on the bench injured for 10-15 minutes in the third showed how effective that was.
I thought I was being overly negative in thinking that, but when the game is viewed as a whole it does seem like they were instructed to go out and be more physical to compensate for having less players drilled on the gameplan.

Surprised by the intense negativity. We’re the reigning wooden spooners and had a win. They’ll improve from this. Meanwhile I’ll celebrate a rare win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Autopsy vs WCE

Remove this Banner Ad

Back