Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXV - 'Loopy' Season has begun

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Point to one post where I needed to be explained that. JUST ONE! I knew where he was I wasn't kicking and screaming for him to get a game. I'd say something when someone went too harshly at him. I'd often say id like to see him get a go but fitting him was tough. He got a go. I'm happy, he seems happy and everyone adamant he wasn't good enough seems very wrong.

No s**t he's behind those. I never said otherwise. I've just been supportive of someone succeeding and was happy to see someone maligned remain positive and just keep busting a gut till he got a chance.

I don't care about selection integrity. Haven't mentioned it once. I am careful not to get involved with that because I understand better than most here how hard it is to pick and balance a competitive squad where everyone is on their own programs fitness/skills.

Btw there are plenty of those posts they were gross and liked by you and the other 'my way is the only right way' types. I'm just here to celebrate players who wear the navy blue. I'm not keen on prematurely kicking them out of the club or writing them off.... Hell I know you love him but I was well ahead of you and running the same style of 'campaign' in favour of Kennedy when the collective genius supporting the club were saying he was cooked because he wasn't selected.

s**t just works at its own pace. All I wanted was people to stop shutting down Dow because 'macho one up' and let it ride and enjoy the successes he was having at vfl level. Same as for Kwnnedy.

I have never seen anyone who has asked for Dow to be 'kicked out of the Club' . Every Carlton supporter would love to see any player on the list become the best player that they can be - for obvious reasons. I suspect also that every supporter wants to see the best 22 players selected to maximise the possibility of winning games.

We all have seen massive injuries to mids ( in particular) regularly occurring- the more AFL quality depth the list can boast the better - but at any point in time for many reasons- there is always a pecking order- and that pecking order itself is subject to change as players develop or have bad form or injury etc..

As for your last sentence- I ask again - who exactly has ever 'shut down Dow' ?

What is this narrative / story being pushed based on - IMO - nothing.

Ive outlayed my view on Dow on many occasssions- and that view (repeated above) is just what the Club has communicated regarding his then standing. I dont pretend nor do I have the arrogance to assume, nbelive or posit that I woudl have a better understanding of who shoudl or shoudl not be picked to play than teh peopel that the Club has put in charge of making those decisions....

Yes this is a disucussion forum and yes - everyone has 'opinions' and that is just fine - but there seems to be a few posters on here who dont like being referred back to what the Club has stated about Dow - when he wasnt playing, as well as discounting as bias or prejudice or ill will toeards Dow if someone has the temerity to suggest that there have been better options.

Only need to reference a few posts above to understand a major protagonist in continuing to stir trouble.

There is only so much patience or time posters have for pretty prose dressed up as insult.

There will be a lot of revisionist history being floated if Dow gets offered a contract. Basically stating how good a coach Voss is by developing him in such a great way.
It’s fine, we all know who was potting him continually (& those liking the posts) not many have the ability to put their hand up and say “I got it wrong” - some have and hats off to them.
Simple fact is Dow just hasn’t learned to play footy in the last couple weeks.
If we can all move forward together, the unabashed Dow supporters are big enough people not to have to repeatedly say “I told you so” mind u we are entitled to say it at least once (maybe twice ) we copped at lot of s**t for sticking fat.
At the end of the day the team is getting better and playing extremely well - that’s the important take away

Agree with everything

Dow flipping ROCKS and always has

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

can't believe folk like yourself are actually pointing out and criticizing the very things they have done over and over, the pile ons have been extraordinary but now we are winning all is forgiven of course - we drop either or both final games and it will be back to the same old abusive head kicking it has always been.......
Of course, we drop both games & miss the finals we will burn the place down
I have never seen anyone who has asked for Dow to be 'kicked out of the Club' . Every Carlton supporter would love to see any player on the list become the best player that they can be - for obvious reasons. I suspect also that every supporter wants to see the best 22 players selected to maximise the possibility of winning games.

We all have seen massive injuries to mids ( in particular) regularly occurring- the more AFL quality depth the list can boast the better - but at any point in time for many reasons- there is always a pecking order- and that pecking order itself is subject to change as players develop or have bad form or injury etc..

As for your last sentence- I ask again - who exactly has ever 'shut down Dow' ?

What is this narrative / story being pushed based on - IMO - nothing.

Ive outlayed my view on Dow on many occasssions- and that view (repeated above) is just what the Club has communicated regarding his then standing. I dont pretend nor do I have the arrogance to assume, nbelive or posit that I woudl have a better understanding of who shoudl or shoudl not be picked to play than teh peopel that the Club has put in charge of making those decisions....

Yes this is a disucussion forum and yes - everyone has 'opinions' and that is just fine - but there seems to be a few posters on here who dont like being referred back to what the Club has stated about Dow - when he wasnt playing, as well as discounting as bias or prejudice or ill will toeards Dow if someone has the temerity to suggest that there have been better options.

Only need to reference a few posts above to understand a major protagonist in continuing to stir trouble.

There is only so much patience or time posters have for pretty prose dressed up as insult.
so no one said anything “bad” about Dow & all were “backing him” - OK
Given how some people have been hunting people who said negative things about Voss, that’s an interesting position to take.
There wasn’t Dow negativity, people were just backing the club 😂

I dont think I ever went overly hard at Dow, or personal.

I'll happily admit I never really rated him though and still don't.

Not sure a guy getting starts as a 7th/8th string midfielder is anything to claim "I told you so" about.

It's harsh as he seems to be a really good kid but he'll be back to the VFL as soon as we get healthy.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again our end of season review must be the most significant review in our clubs history. I accept that us as members and supporters we will never be told the outcome, however If we (Carlton) can really determine how and why every part of our football club has taken a massive step forward then forget #17 I’m thinking about #17, #18, #19 and #20. 8 wins in a row and vastly improving young players is just the tip of the iceberg

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again our end of season review must be the most significant review in our clubs history. I accept that us as members and supporters we will never be told the outcome, however If we (Carlton) can really determine how and why every part of our football club has taken a massive step forward then forget #17 I’m thinking about #17, #18, #19 and #20. 8 wins in a row and vastly improving young players is just the tip of the iceberg

I think they know, Doc. I think we do to. Halfway through the year, the players came together and had a serious chat about what they, as a group, stood for. They took responsibility and ownership for their efforts and attitudes on field, and they literally flipped their season on its head. Its shown that the pieces were all there. The players we needed were there. The coaches were there. The skills and strategies were there. What was missing was confidence and commitment, and as soon as the playing group addressed that they found that everything else fell into place around it.

Last edited:
I think they know, Doc. I think we do to. Halfway through the year, the players came together and had a serious chat about what they, as a group, stood for. They took responsibility and ownership for their efforts and attitudes on field, and they literally flipped their season on its head. Its shown that the pieces were all there. The players we needed were there. The coaches were there. The skills and strategies were there. What was missing was confidence and commitment, and as soon as the playing group addressed that they found that everything else fell into place around it.
Awesome now they just need to write whatever was said down and at the start of every pre season read it out, remind the players of what is possible and what they need to do to make it happen, and make sure they really want it every single year. Go Blues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has Camp Curnow now become more important than Camp David ?

:)
david walliams GIF

I think we need to have a BF Carlton board retreat at Camp Curnow.

Ed will probably make us catch our own food, after we are done building a hospital for the local community.

Unlimited category B rookies? That's news to me, but ok!

Flanders seems to be if we have to go through medical releases with some players, or wind up losing a few too many mids all at once. He's talented, but with his pace and kicking depth I'm not sure he improves the senior mix in 2024/25.

Gresham pushes out one of Motlop (who needs to develop himself as a mid) and Cottrell (who needs to hit passes while running).

Unlimited category B rookies? That's news to me, but ok!

Flanders seems to be if we have to go through medical releases with some players, or wind up losing a few too many mids all at once. He's talented, but with his pace and kicking depth I'm not sure he improves the senior mix in 2024/25.

Gresham pushes out one of Motlop (who needs to develop himself as a mid) and Cottrell (who needs to hit passes while running).
Gresham needs to learn to hit passes to blokes in the same colour jumper. Bobs up for the odd "look at me" goal but that's it. Offers little else over what we currently have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back