Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXV - 'Loopy' Season has begun

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a former pick 2 with 4 years of development under his belt.

Talls take time & he's competing with a stacked defense for a game in a top 4 side. KPD's are also very hard to find which drives his price up.

Seriously, take one look at him, he's a clear project player, as if he'd walk into that GWS lineup in his first few years.

He'd be great for us and definitely worth a late 1st. Only reason I see we'd get him cheaper as if it's a bit of a 'good will' trade like some clubs do (kinda like we did with Dow).
He was pick 15 in his draft year, fact that he is yet to cement a spot at this level, also factoring in a good range of talent in this draft, his value is likely to be in the 20-30 range.

I think it bothers me because DQ is known as an insider and they are usually impersonal, and just pass on info. And the repeated jabs got to me.
If it had just been 'gameday heat'...sure!
We've all been there. But it continued.
Dunno. Just felt I wanted to stick up for a player I thought didn't deserve it.

Aph asked us to stop and has already cleaned up the thread so can we leave it?

Also, I really welcome the info DQ gives us.

As for your perspective, I reckon there's a whole lot less bullying and clique stuff happening and I like that a lot. Even if we have lost a few. We all love Carlton and we mostly get on and have a laugh...ge insights from folks like you...hopefully Arrow is just away for a bit working. And will be back soon!

Let's face it JAB, we are all a bit toey about finals and beyond.
Sorry missed the Aph and all that preceded it..golf you see much more important than AFL - to me.

He was pick 15 in his draft year, fact that he is yet to cement a spot at this level, also factoring in a good range of talent in this draft, his value is likely to be in the 20-30 range.

Fair enough. I'd do late 1st. Fills an immediate KPP need, looks really promising and a 10 year prospect for us. Wouldn't get much better than that in the draft.

As he’s surplus to their needs I’d think an early second should get it done as he’s not being picked in the ones.

He’d be getting picked in our senior side though. We don’t have the luxury of having a Buckley alongside their main key defender (Taylor).

He’d be Weitering’s Buckley.

Comfortable parting with our first for him.

He’d be getting picked in our senior side though. We don’t have the luxury of having a Buckley alongside their main key defender (Taylor).

He’d be Weitering’s Buckley.

Comfortable parting with our first for him.
He is a unproven talent at senior level, it will not happen.
Underestimating the talent in the draft, per Twomey's recent comments clubs are very reluctant to trade out of this draft in the 1st round.

Elijah Hollands was pick 7 in 2020 draft, we got him very cheaply, the value has to be dictated by performance at senior level.

He is a unproven talent at senior level, it will not happen.
Underestimating the talent in the draft, per Twomey's recent comments clubs are very reluctant to trade out of this draft in the 1st round.

Elijah Hollands was pick 7 in 2020 draft, we got him very cheaply, the value has to be dictated by performance at senior level.

Hollands had a arrest for drugs and a court appearance coming up, this is what lowered his value more than anything, but i do agree to an extent, first round draftees who leave due to lack of opportunity, rarely go for 1st round picks

Not a chance!

I'm calling it now. Petracca will never come back the same player after what has happened to him

He has been traumatised and while it's understandable that he is not thinking clearly, his mental state may have been compromised for the remainder of his career

Ironcally, he needs Melbourne right now...familiarity and an immediate support structure. Melbourne will also lower their expectations for his output next year than any other club who sell the farm to get hm

The mind >>>>>>> the body

After someone said O. Hollands is the worst Carlton player they've ever seen.

1. Game Day RND 21 - 🏈 Carlton v Collingwood Game Day 🏈

flipping lazy hand from EH with no effort...
  2. X

Game Day RND 21 - 🏈 Carlton v Collingwood Game Day 🏈

Eh... It's called a handball
  3. X

That's cause he never runs
  4. X

E.hollands doesn't have itSeems more like a vendetta to me and apologies if I'm wrong. But it keeps going. He plays for us. He has a ton of potential and he's shown a lot already.
    Of course he'll improve with another pre season. And a good healthy mental headspace...positive environment in st CFC.

If you can't encourage maybe dial it down. If it's personal, work it out is all I'm saying, cos it seems unfair. Especially when you seem to have inside info. People pay attention to what you say.
So I can only post facts I know? Not opinion?

I feel I'm being harshly judged people criticise playera all the time.

Anyway I'll refrain from posting my observations.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah dude you can post opinions and also the welcomed inside info you share.

That inside stuff I love, as do most here I believe. It’s welcomed, it’s appreciated, it’s gold.

You’re one of rare itk’s who posts info that is solid but also posts personal opinions on the club you love like all of us.

The personal opinions you have that you post are open to rebuttal by others who have a different opinion.

Continue sharing info and your opinions, if someone questions your post that’s okay, don’t take it personal.

You’re a valued contributor bud.

Thats correct! You are an ITK that means you obey what others demand of you and only speak when spoken to...

And people wonder why other ITK posters have disappeared from these forums.

Not a chance!

I'm calling it now. Petracca will never come back the same player after what has happened to him

He has been traumatised and while it's understandable that he is not thinking clearly, his mental state may have been compromised for the remainder of his career

Ironcally, he needs Melbourne right now...familiarity and an immediate support structure. Melbourne will also lower their expectations for his output next year than any other club who sell the farm to get hm

The mind >>>>>>> the body

I think you are right on the money. It seems the boy is struggling mentally.

It's all good.

Let's hope Elijah turns into a star we all know he may be.

I'm out.

Go the blues.

Jeez this place gives me the shits sometimes. So many people like yourself who go out of their way to give us great mail get chased off because people are intent on proving them wrong.
I’m not about to beg you to stay - just know there are plenty of us who appreciate your posts and would be disappointed if you left for good.

It's all good.

Let's hope Elijah turns into a star we all know he may be.

I'm out.

Go the blues.
He has a lot of talent seams to ride that talent bit like Fev
Against Hawthorn there was a lazy around the body kick I noticed at the game you see a bit more when your there.
What I noticed was it didn’t seem to bother him much a bit of a shrug.
Other players would convert that loss to aggression at the next contest.
But his skills are something missing in our team that are sorely required.
Hopefully he can add passion desire and intensity to the skills.
I think he is top 5 skill wise in the team.
We have players that have maximised there talent like Cripps and Harry.
Not sure he has made that choice yet to be honest not sure Charly ever made that choice.
When football comes easy when your floor is most players ceiling it can be hard.
I’m a bit of an optimist he’s young and talented in a great team.I reckon he will drive through and become integral to our team

If you think that saying Lij is the worst player to put on Carlton jumper, and that he 'doesn't have it' are observations, then yes please.😃
As Bearded Carpenter said, post what you like but don't expect others not to react...especially when you post Kane Cornes level of snark . I'm hoping this ends up being your Vanilla moment. I will stand by my call that this seems personal for you.
I will also stand by saying I really appreciate the info you bring us.
I promise you I would not have bitten if you hadn't been so harsh, and then kept running with it.
I hope we can shake hands now and agree to disagree?
And
Go Blues!😊💙

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back