Border Gavaskar Trophy, India v Australia, 3rd Test 1-5 March, 1430hrs at Indore

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

India from, Rohit Sharma (Captain), K L Rahul, Shubman Gill, Cheteshwar Pujara, Virat Kohli, KS Bharat (wk), Ishan Kishan (wk), Ravichandran Ashwin, Axar Patel, Kuldeep Yadav, Ravindra Jadeja, Mohd. Shami, Mohd. Siraj, Shreyas Iyer, Suryakumar Yadav, Umesh Yadav, Jaydev Unadkat.
Australia from, Steve Smith (captain), Scott Boland, Alex Carey, Cameron Green, Peter Handscomb, Travis Head, Usman Khawaja, Marnus Labuschagne, Nathan Lyon, Lance Morris, Todd Murphy, Mitchell Starc, Matt Kuhnemann.

Yeah I mean you'd think on fit Boland would be the better option there, Starc is really a strike bowler.
Or hell series is lost unleash Morris tell him to hurt the Indians

How fit are Starc and Green?

1. Khawaja
2. Head
3. Labuschagne
4. Smith
5. Handscomb
6. Green
7. Carey
8. Starc
9. Lyon
10. Morris
11. Murphy
Starc is partially fit and Green is good to bat not sure about bowling

India wouldn’t have been celebrating on the p.ss so I imagine they will be up for the match but have nothing to lose so I am expecting an Aus win.

Alternatively why waste a hidden weapon and keep him unseen until the Ashes, can’t see the pitches being of any help to him do why bbq him
Don't need him in the ashes hopefully Richo is back and Neser/Boland will be well suited to the conditions

Starc Hazelwood Cummins Richardson Boland and Neser

Sadly Morris won't or I should say shouldn't get a gig

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alternatively why waste a hidden weapon and keep him unseen until the Ashes, can’t see the pitches being of any help to him do why bbq him
Yeah but talk from the Indian camp is that they are looking at the last test to prepare a track similar to English conditions....a green top ...(I'll believe it if I see it) to prepare for the test final over in England ...so if you are going to play Morris I would play him there not on a low slow pitch...rather boland

See Vics I would prefer Boland over Morris for this test :)

Don't need him in the ashes hopefully Richo is back and Neser/Boland will be well suited to the conditions

Starc Hazelwood Cummins Richardson Boland and Neser

Sadly Morris won't or I should say shouldn't get a gig
Yeah but after watching the kiwis beat England today. they beat the poms with short ball v Baz ball and it worked...lots of dismissals from the short stuff .

So a bowler who bowls 150 at the throat could come in handy ...just saying

but those bowlers above are also good for England.

1 Khawaja
2 Head
3 Marnus
4 Smith
5 Handscomb
6 Green
7 Carey
8 Starc
9 Lyon
10 Murphy
11 Boland

Top order needs no justification. Handscomb ahead of Green since he's actually looked decent against their spin and might appreciate not batting with tail enders. Green and Carey have put up rescue jobs together before so I don't mind them one after another. Green and Carey also both capable of batting with the tail and being disciplined.

Starc can bat and clean up the tail

Lyon surely ahead of Murphy.

Boland cause he is economical and keeps up the pressure. Is also actually fit so provides an option to actually get through the overs so we don't necessarily need to rely on two fast bowlers coming back from decently long layoffs

A half fit Starc who struggles to bowl long spells

Jesus Murphy and Lyon better be ready to bowl 70 overs
Haha! Smith is captain, Lyon will bowl a lot more than 70 overs. And therein is the problem.

On another note it doesn't matter what happens here, because we will be playing a test series against a minnow next.

1 Khawaja
2 Head
3 Marnus
4 Smith
5 Handscomb
6 Green
7 Carey
8 Starc
9 Lyon
10 Murphy
11 Boland

Top order needs no justification. Handscomb ahead of Green since he's actually looked decent against their spin and might appreciate not batting with tail enders. Green and Carey have put up rescue jobs together before so I don't mind them one after another. Green and Carey also both capable of batting with the tail and being disciplined.

Starc can bat and clean up the tail

Lyon surely ahead of Murphy.

Boland cause he is economical and keeps up the pressure. Is also actually fit so provides an option to actually get through the overs so we don't necessarily need to rely on two fast bowlers coming back from decently long layoffs

That is the logical side, based on who is available.

Remove this Banner Ad

Border Gavaskar Trophy, India v Australia, 3rd Test 1-5 March, 1430hrs at Indore

Back