Brendan Fevola up for Trade *MERGED THREADS*

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Fevola Sacked!!!

Sounds like a scare tactic. Doubt hell go anywhere.
I disagree. If Carlton don't help to trade him to a new club, then the media will come down even harder about how Carlton didn't mean it. If he stays, then then situation will be too uncomfortable and he may be suspended for some considerable time as well. He won't want that, so he will be keen to make sure he can move on himself.

To all thoughs so called carlton members saying cos of fev up for trade they not renewing membership well do carlton doesnt need ya your not a true supporter of the carlton football club, yes iv only joined today normally i come in and read what every1 has to say but after todays reading some people going on about not renewing m/ships, carlton isnt a 1 player club i love watching fev but i think the club has done the right decision he,s had chance after chance what does it say to the younger group if we keep letting it go and i think it will be ok we wont be so predictable going to fev all the time.

I will be renewing my membership next year because im a true member and suporter and support the club as a club not 1 player

GO THE BLUES IN 2010

read my first post again, nimrod. I said nothing of the sort.

This is your 1st post...

This is the club saving face.

If they really mean to get rid of Fev, they will show it by accepting just a draft pick.

If they are going to play hardball, and say, Roughead, or a high pick and a good player, for example, and then end up keeping him if nothing good enough comes, it means:-

We want to look like we're being tough on Fev, but we don't really want to get rid of him.

Chances are a penitent Fev will still be a Blue, but the club gets to be seen to be taking a strong stance.

You said if we really mean to get rid of him we should just accept a draft pick????

Now GTFO and stop trolling. You are delusional if you think we should "just accept a draft pick" as you say :rolleyes:

I couldnt give a **** what the rest of your post says you lost me after i read the first line. No amount of backtracking and defensiveness will remove what you said.

This is your 1st post...

You said if we really mean to get rid of him we should just accept a draft pick????

Now GTFO and stop trolling. You are delusional if you think we should "just accept a draft pick" as you say :rolleyes:

I couldnt give a **** what the rest of your post says you lost after i read the first line.

You can't read, can you?

Tell me where I said what Carlton SHOULD do?

Ha.

I don't care about onfield results...aslong as I know I'm watching a team of nice boys...:rolleyes:

The only reason to goto the footy the last 7 years was to watch FEV.

He won a F***ing colemem in a wooden spoon year!

I hope everyone realises he will kick 10 on us every time he plays against us.

We better get pick 6 and J,White!!!!!

This situation all hinges on what we get for him and who he goes to.

If we get screwed I would prefer to get nothing and let him go to a bottom side. I could not stand him going to a top side for not much and watching him win a flag.

I hope we get a good deal for Fev, if he actually does leave the club.

End of the day, I am angry at Fev, but I also am very angry at the Carlton Football club. The Carlton football club should have placed tighter restrictions on Fevola. It is well known that the footyshow and street talk at the brownlow was all about getting pissed and acting like an idiot.

Why the Carlton club allowed Fev to do street talk is beyond me, it was always a recipe for disaster.

I disagree. If Carlton don't help to trade him to a new club, then the media will come down even harder about how Carlton didn't mean it. If he stays, then then situation will be too uncomfortable and he may be suspended for some considerable time as well. He won't want that, so he will be keen to make sure he can move on himself.

Even the football media surely aren't so dumb as to expect the club to take a 4th round pick (or less) in exchange for the reigning Coleman medallist on $700K. I'm all for trading him but to get peanuts in return just to show that they meant business (in case the big bad media suggested they didn't) would be absurd.

Does fev's desire to stay or go have an impact on the trade? Does he have a choice?

For Sale 29 year old with a slite rattle that has been left far to long and in need of repair. But still runs brilliant and should have 2 great years remaining. Maintenance is high and $700k year should keep it on the road, NO road worthy certificate provided.
No time wasters please. We expect 2 potential good players that can service us for the next 10 years.

if carlton decide to trade fevola of to another club, we are going to struggle for at least 3 years. its quite sad to see the club go from nothing to something in 2 years. Fevola has stuck it through the toughest times at carlton, and now as the club progresses with stars such as murphy gibbs M.K and judd, fevola gets the boot...poor fev...he has been rick rolled

fevola is one of a kind, irreplaceable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We don't give a FLYING **** about your club or the media or the reputation of this football club. We're here to win the seventeenth premiership and Fevola is the key for us to acheive that. He isn't going anywhere unless if one club is stupid enough to throw the kitchen sink at him to acquire his services.

I hope we get a good deal for Fev, if he actually does leave the club.

End of the day, I am angry and Fev, but I also am very angry at the Carlton Football club. The Carlton football club should have placed tighter restrictions on Fevola. It is well known that the footyshow and street talk at the brownlow was all about getting pissed and acting like an idiot.

Why the Carlton club allowed Fev to do street talk is beyond me, it was always a recipe for disaster.
true but hes old enough to take care of himself

Carlton trade Fevola will be the biggest ever mistake you have ever come one up with hope no one picks him up
lol@ Carlton would have to pay him out big time
lol if fev did get picked up by another Club i'd hope he'd make sure you regret it i would hope he kicks 10 to say take this for trading me

So Carlton wake up to yourself :thumbsdown:

tantrum-main_Full.jpg

Wahhhhhhh i just buried my membership wahhhhhhhhhhhhh :rolleyes:

This shows the level of your intellect and debating skills.

The Blues have said we want to trade Fev.

Hawthorn said nothing of the sort about Buddy.

I have not entered into any debate about whether they should or should trade Fev, and therefore whether Hawthorn should or shouldn't have traded Buddy is irrelevant.

Again, read it slowly.

What I said was, is that the proof of how much Carlton want to be rid of Fev will be in what they accept.

Do you agree?

Read what I write, don't just see Hawthorn under my name and tee off.

No, that wasn't what you said

You basically said that if Carlton don't trade Fev for a mere draft pick (and you placed no qualification on the draft pick) then it's all a front, that Carlton are just trying to save face.

That was what you wrote. You said it's all a front. Perhaps you should read what you wrote?

Now you're changing your position to say that what Carlton accepts = how bad they want to get rid of him. That's a different thing to saying that Carlton are merely putting on a show for the public.

If Carlton don't get a good offer then they might keep Fev, but that doesn't mean that the proposed trade is a front. On your original rational all players put up for trade and not traded because the offer ain't good enough is a front.

Doesn't make sense

I used the Hawks example because you were basically accusing Carlton of being soft and putting Fev up for trade just trying to save face with the media then NOT trade him, which i find a bit rich given you support a team that has had a drug problem with top line players and accepted it.

So, go back and read what you wrote then come back to me

Dumb Dumb Dumb...

80 + goals a year, game breaking hard leading forward...

Sets Carlton back 3 years.

Lotta interest is going to be shown in this by the other clubs.
Has it occurred to you that we lack forward options because of Fevola?

Fevola destroys the team's moral by sulking and spitting the dummy.

FYI, Essendon have lost 76 goals from their best 22.

Your Captain plus Lucas and Lovett have left Windy Hill for good.

Why aren't the brain dead talking down Essendon's chances next year?

Essendon have Gumbleton, Neagle and Zaharakis as replacements. :rolleyes:

If Fev is on the market, it might mean the Bombers get less for their smaller fish, but bigger flog called Andrew Lovett.

I love silver linings.
If we trade for Everitt and a first rounder i will hunt whoever is responsible down!
I'd take ROK, a player and a pick just to send a message to the playing group about the culture needed to succeed. The pay off by trading Fevola isn't just financial and playing stocks, but off field by setting standards for the playing list.

Fevola is on big money, so we'd have to pay a fair percentage of his contract to find him another club.

I can't believe the whining in this thread. :eek: :thumbsdown:

Fevola has pissed on the club and his teammates far too many times.

We shouldn't be dictated to by a manchild who was nearly shown the door when Brittain was coach.

Fevola is under contract on big money, so no club is going to sell the farm for him.

We should prepare for a trade along the lines of Medhurst and pick eight for Tarrant.

With a lower pick than the club's first pick...

All that crosses my mind is this where is carlton going to find 90 goals a year from. the way i see it why trade a player unless your going to get something better than you have.and to be honest i dont see anything out there that any other clubs want to give up that will kick that many goals a year.as for the guy that said fev not worth anything above pick 17 well wake up m8 your dreaming. a player like fev is worth first round picks and this draft is not that strong so fevs worth will be double.i just think it would have been better that carlton were seen to be helping fev not throwing him out because he wont do as he is told. i will always follow my blues but i just think they went about this all wrong sorry just my thoughts .........

I'm furious. Can't be bothered getting into a debate with those that don't want him at our club because of his lack of discipline, but personally speaking I consider him like a family member and you don't get rid of your family members because they stuffed up.
Again just my opinion.

So angry right now.

No, that wasn't what you said

You basically said that if Carlton don't trade Fev for a mere draft pick (and you placed no qualification on the draft pick) then it's all a front, that Carlton are just trying to save face.

That was what you wrote. You said it's all a front. Perhaps you should read what you wrote?

Now you're changing your position to say that what Carlton accepts = how bad they want to get rid of him. That's a different thing to saying that Carlton are merely putting on a show for the public.

If Carlton don't get a good offer then they might keep Fev, but that doesn't mean that the proposed trade is a front. On your original rational all players put up for trade and not traded because the offer ain't good enough is a front.

Doesn't make sense

I used the Hawks example because you were basically accusing Carlton of being soft and putting Fev up for trade just trying to save face with the media then NOT trade him, which i find a bit rich given you support a team that has had a drug problem with top line players and accepted it.

So, go back and read what you wrote then come back to me

And I stand by that. I have NOT accused Carlton of being soft...you guys keep reading the basest meaning to what I say.

Carlton are in an invidious situation. They have angry sponsors, players, angry admin, the football department, the leadership group, all trying to wrangle their way through an unpleasant situation.

This way minimises the damage.

If they don't accept under the odds, it means they don't really want to let him go.

Having said they want to trade him, they have to accept less than if another club comes courting. How keen they are to be rid of him will be shown by what they accept.

And if nothing acceptable comes up, what will they do? They'll patch up their differences and continue next year?

I have absolutely NO OPINION on what Carlton should accept for Fev.

But, yes, this was a play to cover all bases...if he goes for market rates, you haven't lost.

If he stays, you keep a gun. But the sponsors are happy that you got tough on Fev.

Only if he goes cheaply (by draft pick, I would assume a very good first rounder, I'm not being ridiculous, not saying Pick 90 or something) will I believe that the hierarchy is keen to be rid of him

If they only accept market rates, well..do they really want to be rid of him?

Remove this Banner Ad

Brendan Fevola up for Trade *MERGED THREADS*

Remove this Banner Ad

Back