Oppo Camp Brodie Grundy (Traded to Melbourne 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well when he does a prelim Max Gawn every week then I'll call the contract justified. If he does that we'll be contending immediately until the end of his career with a few flags on the way.
To justify his contract he needs to help the team win clean possessions from stoppages, as well as contributing with his 20 touches a game. Adding more marks and goals to his game is also needed.
He is more than capable of that.
If you truly believe he needs to produce a Gawn prelim performance every game then we can stop discussing this now.
It’s a ludicrous position.

To justify his contract he needs to help the team win clean possessions from stoppages, as well as contributing with his 20 touches a game. Adding more marks and goals to his game is also needed.
He is more than capable of that.
If you truly believe he needs to produce a Gawn prelim performance every game then we can stop discussing this now.
It’s a ludicrous position.

But that is the money he's on. Of course he'll never reach those heights yet we're paying him that money.

But that is the money he's on. Of course he'll never reach those heights yet we're paying him that money.
If you want to spend your time lamenting his contract then have fun.

This thread should be about discussing him as a player. Fortunately for all Collingwood fans, the coaches will be focused on helping Grundy reach his potential. If he does that, we win.

This thread should be about discussing him as a player. Fortunately for all Collingwood fans, the coaches will be focused on helping Grundy reach his potential. If he does that, we win.

Yeah I was replying to a post about his contract, not the players ability.

FWIW, he has potential to be a generational ruckman.

To add this is a thread about the player, there are no rules that state I can't reply to conversation about his contract or anyone else for that matter.

So if you want to lament discussion around his contract then have fun.

Yeah I was replying to a post about his contract, not the players ability.

FWIW, he has potential to be a generational ruckman.

To add this is a thread about the player, there are no rules that state I can't reply to conversation about his contract or anyone else for that matter.

So if you want to lament discussion around his contract then have fun.
I’ve had fun reading your criteria for a million dollar contract. Laughable.

I noticed on their board someone mentioned their 1st round pick next year (say pick 15-17) and few later round swaps, with us paying a large chunk of Grundy's salary ($400kpa??). Absolute joke.
Apparently we’re a feeder club for the Doggies now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well when he does a prelim Max Gawn every week then I'll call the contract justified. If he does that we'll be contending immediately until the end of his career with a few flags on the way.
So in your fairyland, nobody is worth $1m a season? Because nobody has had a season of 19 disposals, 5 goals and 33 hitouts a game.

It's fairly obvious this poster doesn't actually know how to have fun

There's an argument that since he signed that contract, his performance has dropped a little..

He’s gone from an AA in a top 4 side to not even in the top 5 players in the second worst team in the league.

The problem is he’s got no motivation to play well ever again, he’s locked in for life on a contract well above his true worth.

He took the club to the cleaners and Ned Guy let it happen.

He’s gone from an AA in a top 4 side to not even in the top 5 players in the second worst team in the league.

The problem is he’s got no motivation to play well ever again, he’s locked in for life on a contract well above his true worth.

He took the club to the cleaners and Ned Guy let it happen.

you're an astute observer of the human condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back