Autopsy Bulldog's effort and Jamarra's brilliance too much for Freo - (102 - 73)

Remove this Banner Ad

Impressive last qtr by West.

If he can have those types of impacts playing the small fwd half role, he’ll be right. Doesn’t have to kick goals, just get involved, work hard and contribute.

Was a lot better than recent weeks. Expect him to come in to the 22 next week.

Agreed

I'd love to see West, Arty & Weightman get time together as the small fwd trio

Chilled Beveridge.

Oliver Gigacz Any chance we can get goal and mark stats for JOD’s direct opponents from today?

Going by what I saw at the game he seemed to have them covered pretty well. Didn’t get caught out too often and seemed to have a good feel of his space and knowing where they were.

Took a couple of good marks including a ripper pack mark in the first quarter. Used the ball ok too.

At this stage of his career, if he can break even in games and contribute a little in the air and by foot/hand, he’ll track nicely.

Would love to see him in the side ongoing.

Agreed

I'd love to see West, Arty & Weightman get time together as the small fwd trio

Arty hardly touched it in vfl today might be a while off.

One thing distinctly different with West to Hannan and McNeil is he doesn’t fumble like those two. Time to give West an extended run and perhaps some mid time as he has great hands in close

I don’t think it’s particularly smart keeping the same player as sub for extended periods of time except maybe finals.

We saw McNeil play really well as sub earlier in the year (against Freo as well possibly) and after three or four weeks of performing the role he’d lost all touch and form. Think you need to be rotating that position.

Especially not with younger players, at most it should be two weeks as sub and then they have to play a full game at either AFL or VFL level. It really doesn't do a developing player any favours to play maybe two quarters in two weeks.

Just to point out something about our team bonding for those watching at home that I seen at the ground. After West crumbed the contest and handed it off for Weightman to goal, a lot of the players got around him for it. Keath ran all the way down from defence to give him a pat on the head, then ran all the way back to defence for the restart.

He has his teammates support 100%.

West was great when he came on and I thought McNeil was consistently pretty good throughout the game. Leave them both in, give them a chance to build some form and work together in the seniors.

JUH fixes up his goalkicking and he can easily be kicking 60+ next season. So great to see his attributes from his juniors start to shine through at this level.

Garry Lyon does this literally every single time he commentated our games. I don’t get why they let him on ours, he ALWAYS complains about any free kicks we get and criticises our players while openly barracking for the opposition
His hatred of us goes back to his playing days.

No respect.

I think his 10 goals against us in a final didn't help.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Freo fans are complaining were obviously influenced by Garry Lyon, who hasd zero idea today.
Fixed this

Garry Lyon does this literally every single time he commentated our games. I don’t get why they let him on ours, he ALWAYS complains about any free kicks we get and criticises our players while openly barracking for the opposition
He so obviously hates the dogs. Occasionally over compensates for a moment.

Poulter was great. Was aware of his positioning all game and didn’t let opponents goal side too often.

His opponent got a bit of it when Freo switched the ball, but that was because he kept distance goal side and then had a head start to to defensive end to chop them out.

Was pleasantly surprised by his game.
I was really happy with Poulter. Didn't look slow to me like some said. Looked like he was applying great defensive pressure.

Importantly we’ve consolidated our spot in the 8 for the time being.

Goes to show our players are pretty capable with the set shots on their day.
We kicked 17.6 in the reserves too (it was 17.4 a few minutes before FT)

I reckon over the bye weekend Bont said to Bevo "I'm just taking all the boys down for a group coffee, you know sort of a bonding session, OK?" but secretly took them to a distant playing field for two hours of forbidden goalkicking practice.

Don't tell Bevo, will you. 🤫

0 goals against and 5 marks against (4 Treacy and 1 Frederick). Thought he played well considering and could really only fault him on one clanger kick. The other times he got into trouble was because previous kick, that awful switch kick from Keath.

Full stats breakdown should be up in the next hour.

Thanks mate.

I don’t think it’s particularly smart keeping the same player as sub for extended periods of time except maybe finals.

We saw McNeil play really well as sub earlier in the year (against Freo as well possibly) and after three or four weeks of performing the role he’d lost all touch and form. Think you need to be rotating that position.
Strangely enough Bevo said he'd never play anyone as sub two weeks in a row. That was a couple of years ago. He seems to have done a complete about face on that with McNeil.

I reckon a couple in a row at the most during the H&A games. Finals time might be different though.

We look like a completely different team when we have Richards and JJ down back. We have lost a lot of drive since they have gone down.

Glad Vandermeer has been stringing some games together now though, like what he could potentially become down back.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We kicked 17.6 in the reserves too (it was 17.4 a few minutes before FT)

I reckon over the bye weekend Bont said to Bevo "I'm just taking all the boys down for a group coffee, you know sort of a bonding session, OK?" but secretly took them to a distant playing field for two hours of forbidden goalkicking practice.

Don't tell Bevo, will you. 🤫
I think when Bevo flashes his teeth it’s like an extra light tower at the ground and puts the players off.

He’s keeping his mouth shut during set shots and it’s paying dividends.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Bulldog's effort and Jamarra's brilliance too much for Freo - (102 - 73)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back