Autopsy Bulldog's effort and Jamarra's brilliance too much for Freo - (102 - 73)

Remove this Banner Ad

Poulter was pretty good for a complete free swing. Don’t think he’ll be a star but handy for our bottom 6
Thought he showed some good composure to take the tackle and not cough up the ball. He was also reasonably clean when it was his time to go. Never be a star but could well be a solid citizen

Reported Richards a chance next week which would be handy

Richards must have said the next couple of weeks on his interview on radio today - I only caught the end and they wished him the best of luck for next week or week after.

Jamarra is an absolute freak of a footballer I simply can’t wait to watch him develop over the next decade,

Jimmy finally played a whole game in his proper position and amazingly he was very solid and no one is calling for his head

I’ve been a knocker of West but he has earned his spot for next week after a brilliant quarter there

McNeil probably the only other one potentially on the chopping block for next week but fantastic today that we weren’t too reliant on the usual few to win today

Hannan is the first to get the chop

We look like a completely different team when we have Richards and JJ down back. We have lost a lot of drive since they have gone down.

Glad Vandermeer has been stringing some games together now though, like what he could potentially become down back.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Vandermeer has some toe and decent long kicking, he might have a place as the 7th defender possibly. Think the backline is probably his best spot.

He did come good though. Maybe he had a post bye first half but shook off the cobwebs in the second.

His ruck stats are pretty good reading for the second stringer...

Lobb v Darcy (6 contests)
Hitouts: 4 / 1
To Advantage: 1 / 0
Clearances: 4 / 1
Score: 2.1 (13)
/ 0.0 (0)

Lobb v Tracy (16 contests)

Hitouts: 8 / 6
To Advantage: 1 / 2
Clearances: 5 / 5
Score: 1.0 (6) / 0.0 (0)

Summary

Lobb as ruck - Scoring: 3.1 (19)
Lobb's opponent in ruck - Scoring: 0.0 (0)

Clearances - 9 to 6 in Lobb's favour
I was going to point this out too. It's a very small sample compared to 83 contests (so take this with a pinch of salt) but on OG's stats Lobb did better against Darcy than English did.

The more concerning point is that according to someone here - Smiley Boy I think? - some of Lobb's teammates are not happy with his output considering his generous contract. Now "some" might only be a small number (I'm not doubting SB's sources) but even if it was a small number it's a worry. Teammates would be well aware of the plans, roles, expectations and instructions to players.

I wonder what performance measures would constitute a passmark for Lobb within the club?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For those out the ground was English just outplayed or was he sitting behind the ball to help the backline. Even when beaten in the ruck very unusual for him to only have the 10 disposals.

Keep in mind Poulter is only 20. Playing his 13th game. Could definitely become a star midfielder in time.

Great to see Bevo once again state that he hopes Poulter is with us for a very long time.
Must rate him very highly internally about what he could potentially become.

Once he fills out we’ll see him muscle through those contested situations but right now he seems to have great composure and running ability.

I was going to point this out too. It's a very small sample compared to 83 contests (so take this with a pinch of salt) but on OG's stats Lobb did better against Darcy than English did.

The more concerning point is that according to someone here - Smiley Boy I think? - some of Lobb's teammates are not happy with his output considering his generous contract. Now "some" might only be a small number (I'm not doubting SB's sources) but even if it was a small number it's a worry. Teammates would be well aware of the plans, roles, expectations and instructions to players.

I wonder what performance measures would constitute a passmark for Lobb within the club?
I/we couldn't know what he's being assessed on. Friction in a team is never good. Again, I wouldn't know if there is or isn't.

But if Lobb generally wasn't putting in as required and they've had or are having a frank discussion about it and there's an intent to get better then there's a way forward. If it reduces to disgruntled murmurings with no address - it's poison.

There were a few early and mid season question marks over Tom Boyd's ROI and application in 2016 IIRC.....worked out OK.

Hopefully there is no problem, but if there is, I'm cheering for the TB outcome.

For those out the ground was English just outplayed or was he sitting behind the ball to help the backline. Even when beaten in the ruck very unusual for him to only have the 10 disposals.
Laid some strong tackles and had a few second efforts which was good to see.

I thought he was more beaten in the ruck than what the stats say. 2nd half he sat back in the hole a lot to help out, but it was a pretty contested & stop/start game, where he couldn’t run off Darcy as much as we’d like. Battled well but it was a typical performance where he struggles against a more physical (eg, a brick shithouse) ruck.

Darcy ran straight into him a few times at centre bounces and throw ins were rinse and repeat - Timmy looks at him, gets fended out, tries to slap the arm away which doesn’t work, usually loses the tap but at least they were rarely clear. I just don’t know why he doesn’t try new things, even like try to put himself at the drop of the ball and let the other ruck try and get around him.

Keep in mind Poulter is only 20. Playing his 13th game. Could definitely become a star midfielder in time.

Great to see Bevo once again state that he hopes Poulter is with us for a very long time.

Once he fills out we’ll see him muscle through those contested situations but right now he seems to have great composure and running ability.

Pretty clean disposal, but he is as outside as anyone could possibly be. 12 touches and all uncontested, only 1 tackle. Solid first outing and better for the run whilst needing to learn the system, but hopefully he will go when it’s his time to and not shirk it

The whole of the backline was definitely greater than the sum of its parts tonight. God help them against top sides but if they bring this desperation every week that Jones, Ed and JJ are out we may not get as exposed as we feared.

Star midfielder? Okay lol he might become an okay flanker

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Bulldog's effort and Jamarra's brilliance too much for Freo - (102 - 73)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back