Bulldogs Eyewitness -The Social Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

People are weird. We have two of the most marketable players in the comp in Smith and Bont.

I think a lot of people have Smith wrong. I think it’s pretty clear footy is his #1 priority.

Agreed. You can tell he is pretty disappointed in the teams year and especially in his own performances. It’s clear that the off-field issues did take a toll on him and affect his footy.

Think he’ll have an absolute ripper year, next year.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The dumping on Bailey Smith in this thread is mystifying to me. We should be wrapt that a Bulldogs player has such a social media and mainstream media profile - he helps make our club more relevant and we have a presence in the public eye that usually only occurs for the bigger clubs with their, often manufactured, megastars.

Smith's footy this season has been a little disappointing in some respects but he is young and will continue to improve.

Are we turning into Richmond...eating our own alive?

As Dogwatch said, he just needs a strong mentor to make sure he stays on track (and not a greedy manager).

Actually on closer inspection, I don't think he has had it cut off. The barber has just pulled it to one side. You can still see it.
FFS.

And on third inspection, this is just a scandal rag nothing article. Sorry for posting :(

I find it interesting that Bont 'liked' the social media post around Schache leaving but not for Dunkley or Hunter. I could be reading too much into it but I wonder how he feels about those two given they've provided a fair bit of instability during his short time as skipper.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I find it interesting that Bont 'liked' the social media post around Schache leaving but not for Dunkley or Treloar. I could be reading too much into it but I wonder how he feels about those two given they've provided a fair bit of instability during his short time as skipper.
Art Jones likes pretty much every insta post on facebook that has to do with AFL.

Dunks made a thanks and goodbye post, it's reeally just the younger and fringe fellas who've commented on it. Raak, Khamis, Bedendo, Sweet, Vandermeer.

Pretty poor from Dunks, 2 emojis and no words.

Set this campaigner up for life and he’s just shit all over the club and fan base really over the last few years. He’ll always be a Bullgod, but he’s definitely tarnished his legacy

Seven years at a club, premiership, grand final and a B&F. You’d think the bloke would say a few words in his social media post wouldn’t you. Ah well, we move on.

Seven years at a club, premiership, grand final and a B&F. You’d think the bloke would say a few words in his social media post wouldn’t you. Ah well, we move on.

Says more about him.

The Apple does not fall far from the tree.

The only tears being shed are the ones hitting Treloar's pillow every night.

It's Drago Szn.

Saw this on the club’s Facebook page Rest In Peace

We send our condolences to the family and close friends of loyal supporter and former cheer squad member David Porter, who sadly passed away.

Playing a significant role in our fightback of 1989, David's love and passion for our football club will live on forever.

Vale David ❤️🤍💙

I find it interesting that Bont 'liked' the social media post around Schache leaving but not for Dunkley or Hunter. I could be reading too much into it but I wonder how he feels about those two given they've provided a fair bit of instability during his short time as skipper.
I think overanalysing likes on social media is why our country is going to sh*t

Saw this on the club’s Facebook page Rest In Peace

We send our condolences to the family and close friends of loyal supporter and former cheer squad member David Porter, who sadly passed away.

Playing a significant role in our fightback of 1989, David's love and passion for our football club will live on forever.

Vale David ❤️🤍💙
Pretty sure I saw him on a mobility scooter at the AFLW game at Punt Road on the day before the GF. Very sad, I don't think he would have been that old either? Vale David.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bulldogs Eyewitness -The Social Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back