Toast Hawks made finals in 2024! - Hawks finals discussion

Can the Hawks make finals in 2024?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I tell what I find frustrating and that's having to double up playing the away venue in the same season. Playing both Port and the Crows at AO for eg. If it was fair and equitable system you play once there for the year and you play the other tenant once at the G. Could be just me that has an issue with it but still.
Don’t think we have any reason to complain when you think of the travel burden on weagles, freo, lions and gc over the course of the season. The trip to SA is the shortest of them all, only in the air for about an hour.

Saints won't beat the Dons.
It's hard to tell having played West Coast but they have looked a lot better the past few weeks. I wouldn't dismiss it out of hand, especially not at Marvel.

If Saints beat Essendon*, Carlton beats Port by 50 and we beat Adelaide by 50, we will be in the 8 in 4 days’ time.

It’s not impossible.
It's not even that complicated.....

Saints beat *, GWS beat Melbourne and Sydney beat the Dogs we are in the 8 (if we also win).

Once we are in the 8, just keep winning and we won't leave it.

Need to win 3/5 and have some big wins like put Crows and Tigers away by big margins. I can see Hawks beating one of Carlton and GWS but loosing to North. either way we can’t be losing by more than 20 points because margin will be critical against teams like GWS and Port.

That question will be answered in 3 weeks.
All else being equal, this is very true. If the Hawks knock off the Blues in three weeks, the current frenzy will turn into mania.

And there wont be a lid big enough

It's not even that complicated.....

Saints beat *, GWS beat Melbourne and Sydney beat the Dogs we are in the 8 (if we also win).

Once we are in the 8, just keep winning and we won't leave it.
You are right. I’ve tipped the Dogs, but the point is there is a massive logjam within arms reach that is about to break.

We’ve been unlucky with many results above us but that has led to a lot of teams being not far ahead of us.

Now they are all about to play one another - if we keep winning, the seas have to part, and we can walk to the promised land!

There is a possibility we win all 5 leading to the finals. That puts us likely 4th or 5th - I like both of those options.

This could still turn out the best season of footy we’ve ever seen.

All else being equal, this is very true. If the Hawks knock off the Blues in three weeks, the current frenzy will turn into mania.

And there wont be a lid big enough

Chernobyl Mark II

9803c98c8f00e72d1d7584ce25837fb5.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got this email from the club today (wondering I have a P1 membership it was a bit redundant) saying that the AFL has given another 1,000 grand final tickets to participating clubs so the club now has another 1,000 P1 memberships. Clearly we are bullish on more than just finals!

Saints won't beat the Dons.
Says who, teams out of contention for finals have nothing to lose. There in no man's land no matter if they win or lose the rest of the year. Same with the Crows. I see both games as danger games for both teams. We should win and so should Essendon but if we're slightly both off will definitely lose. There isn't that big of a gap down to 15th.

You are right. I’ve tipped the Dogs, but the point is there is a massive logjam within arms reach that is about to break.

We’ve been unlucky with many results above us but that has led to a lot of teams being not far ahead of us.

Now they are all about to play one another - if we keep winning, the seas have to part, and we can walk to the promised land!

There is a possibility we win all 5 leading to the finals. That puts us likely 4th or 5th - I like both of those options.

This could still turn out the best season of footy we’ve ever seen.
We win all 5 were top 4. Take that to the bank. There isn't a big enough gap between 2nd and 11th for those teams to lose a couple more games and be safe. Particularly when quite a few are playing eachother. This year has been like no other.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Hawks made finals in 2024! - Hawks finals discussion

Back