Carlton versus Geelong: rnd 21, Etihad Stadium Fri 15/8 @ 7.50PM EST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do they have a countdown clock at the ground?
they have runners and they should have enough common sense to know that there is not much time left. you cannot justify taking a full 40 secs to get out of your defensive 50 by kicking sideways and taking your sweet time when you should have bombed it straight through the middle

Want me to get out the rule book? It was one fifty fifty call, who's to say we wouldn't have won anyway?

Its not the rule its the interpretation and inconsistencies and why it was paid during the dying minutes of the game and not the other 100 occasions? Anyway I am done with this game.

Geelong should of kicked straight and won by more to be fair

Would have been far more palatable to lose under those circumstances than what eventuated. I actually feel kinda sick, not because we lost a close one, but because the game is so compromised. That the ump 50m away gave the free so long after the contest is just inexplicable. You buy your membership, you back your club, the players train all year, play a hard game from both teams, and one **** wit ump steps in and spoils the show. Puts me off my footy.

No joy for cats fans when you win like that , sorry but it's called cheating !!
Not our fault when the umpires paid your team soft free kicks in the forward line (Menzel in first, Murphy in the third) they failed to kick the goals.
Hell our two most experienced back men handed your team two gift goals and you're still complaining

These threads are almost unreadable now. Once upon a time they were quite witty and a good read.

Now......blah umpires, blah umpires. Every single big game is just pages of people sooking about the umpiring.

But since its the topic at hand, we got a good run tonight. Had we kicked straight, wouldnt have been decisive. Not that it would have stopped this thread being the junk that it is though.
Yep, it's turned completely foul. Dickheads have discovered the internet en masse and look at the result, tragic. This used to be all fields...

Cats had 6 more scoring shots, end of story. I realise this kind of logical summary is unpopular around here so I expect incoherent raving in response. Cats have won 7 in a row; that doesn't happen accidentally.

Stevens on 7 talking complete shit as per. Telling us all how he's going to fawn over Mick and play to his prejudices for brownie points. Top journalism Stevo!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

last 3 mins tells all the story you need

Tells the story of the game - Carlton had a chance to win, but decided to play overly defensive, chip-kicking garbage.

Seriously, if you're a Carlton supporter, there are a few things you should be questioning, and umpiring shouldn't be the first on that list. For instance, why were they so afraid to take the game on?

Actually, I would rather swans finish 2nd then first. Geelong struggles interstate and we saw what happened when the cats came to Sydney last time. Hope the hawks give the cats a smashing next week.

The reality is there is currently a huge proportion of Geelong sympathising (aka cheating) umpires in the ranks.

A blight on the game that will remain for about another 200 games until they retire.

By the way this is well know by the clubs.
Says the Hawthorn fan?

I get you're using your humour but I don't get it.
Honestly, why do you think Hawthorn supporters would be so bothered by this? Because you're a game ahead now? Even though you've played an extra game? And you have a far inferior percentage?
The angst throughout this thread, and week in, week out, isn't a figment of my imagination.

Didn't watch the whole game, but I did see the complete balls up at the end.

Speaks a bit about your opinion then I guess.

Blaming umpires is making excuses for a team that wasn't good enough. The classic last braincell approach to a 2 hour game of football. Carlton had 26 free kicks to our 20, how many more did they need to get over the line?

Pathetic opinion, pathetic.

they have runners and they should have enough common sense to know that there is not much time left. you cannot justify taking a full 40 secs to get out of your defensive 50 by kicking sideways and taking your sweet time when you should have bombed it straight through the middle

Oh I agree somebody should be telling them, but we have to be careful not to let the countdown clock on our TV rule our emotions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back