Review Cats bounce the Roos by 40 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Funny game from Paddy D today.

The sun is beginning to set on his epic career; 12 disposals looks like a really poor outing on paper but I thought he was actually fine, played within himself to an extent. A brave and powerful contested mark on the three quarter time siren exemplified just what he can - and will - do when required.

I've alluded to it previously this season, but for some reason I am prepared to mark Paddy a lot more leniently in his Autumn years than I tended to during his pomp.

Rolled his ankle a little in the last; thought he'd tweaked the hammy and nearly had a conniption - we desperately need his leadership, which also reflects very well on Paddy post-Selwood.
Danger will become the games first permanent sub next year.

I didnt see the game it wasnt possible , but i listened to ABC Radio coverage , and Boomer Harvey was the special comments expert and pre game ( and think he is still heavily involved with their club , attends training , said they are a happy bunch etc etc ) he was quite bullish with the Kangaroos . Said their past 5-6 weeks ( except the Swans game ) was promising and alot better and he put it down to much improved pressure .

So Geel have gone down their and beaten them by 40 points , i will take that every day of the week

And the other special comments person was Dean Brogan and he said pre game Geel ( given how tight the ladder is ) just have to win , and thats what the Cats did
You were so convinced of a NM win, but a bounce back of sorts always seemed likely.

Good win by the boys but I just want to say Jesus Christ Sheezel is a bloody gun, I’d have him over Daicos to be honest, awesome to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
B Harvey said he is a star , i think he said he won the B/F in his 1st year

He also said if he was at a better performing club he would be a super star

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't see much of the game as I had family commitments. How did the midfield look with Bruhn back in? Who was pushed out of the midfield for him? I'm assuming it was Stewart?

I didn't see much of the game as I had family commitments. How did the midfield look with Bruhn back in? Who was pushed out of the midfield for him? I'm assuming it was Stewart?
Stewart best on ground. Started middle a centre bounces but spent rest of game in the backline.

Danger spent more time up foward and was quiet save for one brilliant mark and goal.

Bruhn got very little ball and when he did he kept slipping over.

So why has bews been out of the team all year?

He was just as good as he always is. Must stay in the side ahead of touhy.

Because bews is the logical fringe player to move out when you are rebuilding and bringing kids through. I think hes ok but hes a backup player at best. I wouldnt have either him or tuohy in the finals side.

Well against Footscray on our home ground 39 inside 50s to their 61 and 4 marks inside 50 to their 15

I thought it was a danger game - given NM improved form past 5-6 weeks , and thus are very happy that Geel have won
Oh I'm not disputing how terrible we were against the Dogs. Merely that we wouldn't be that bad in the follow up game. We weren't great today, but it was still a much better performance against a team that are (mostly) no longer easy beats.

Funny game from Paddy D today.

The sun is beginning to set on his epic career; 12 disposals looks like a really poor outing on paper but I thought he was actually fine, played within himself to an extent. A brave and powerful contested mark on the three quarter time siren exemplified just what he can - and will - do when required.

I've alluded to it previously this season, but for some reason I am prepared to mark Paddy a lot more leniently in his Autumn years than I tended to during his pomp.

Rolled his ankle a little in the last; thought he'd tweaked the hammy and nearly had a conniption - we desperately need his leadership, which also reflects very well on Paddy post-Selwood.
He's gradually becoming a Travis Boak. Doesn't do it all day but important when it matters

Because bews is the logical fringe player to move out when you are rebuilding and bringing kids through. I think hes ok but hes a backup player at best. I wouldnt have either him or tuohy in the finals side.
When fit he is a lock in defence. He can defend and provide a bit of dash out of defence. He is only 30 so cant use the age argument given touhy (34) and duncan (33) are also in defence and both have looked diabolical at times due to lack of speed this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Cats bounce the Roos by 40 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Back