Autopsy Cats lose to Crows by 12 points - Rd 1, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

If we are to fall off the cliff it won’t be a bad thing , the arogrance of the club to think that they can pick up a bunch of 33 years olds and one key forward and suddenly we fix all those glaring issues that were on display in the Grand final

we are slow....the seniors had their shot last year...and again they are having their shot again this year

maybe a bad year will wake the club up and realise a few players need that tap On the shoulder

6 months ago we were playing in a Grand Final in which we were within less than a goal at three quarter time. Name me one team in the history of the game that has not attempted to "have another shot" after making a GF?

I mean the stat is quite pointless if the possibility of it only occurs once every 20 years or so.

Not worried about the stat as such, because it doesn't take away the fact that it's been a big upset.

People here were saying we'd win by 80 points, and talking about the Adelaide board being like a funeral service, yet here we are.

The team and coach failed today, against all expectations.

I honestly don't think it was the players' at fault. Or the coaches. Or the game plan.

We simply look like we are behind in fitness and prep. This could be so we peak later in the year (the old Thompson method)

We are 5-10% off our best- missing easy disposals and poor decision making, and not quite as polished as usual.

And the umpires didn't miss a free, did they? For the Crows I mean. 31-15 and the "Crow-throw" is back as well. Good luck to them though. They wanted it and got the reward. I said it here- the Crows will be dangerous.
And tex got great delivery to the forward line and he’s still a terrific kick.

For all the talk of Selwood, and yeah he isn't what he once was he still had 18 touches (17 effective) and gained over 470m. More than most Cats and Crows players. Far far worse contributors today than the captain.

We did start last year like garbage as well.

Belted by GWS rnd 1, beaten at Home by Carlton rnd 3, and squeaked by Melbourne rnd 4 which we should of lost.

Don't know how much to read into the Scott presser but he seem to allude that Danger might still be carrying some sort of injury. It's more what he wouldn't answer than would regarding why Danger play's forward more than mid.

Not worried about the stat as such, because it doesn't take away the fact that it's been a big upset.

People here were saying we'd win by 80 points, and talking about the Adelaide board being like a funeral service, yet here we are.

Please- people who said we’d win by 80 points were having a lend or hadn’t been paying attention.
Upsets happen. Teams lose. It happens.
Regroup and see if we can win in the battle of the upset losers next week!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please- people who said we’d win by 80 points were having a lend or hadn’t been paying attention.

Swans currently beating Brisbane by 50 points. At the GABBA!

They do. Just pointing out that a GFC win was considered a fait accompli by many.

It's a story because the result went against the majority of expectations.

6 months ago we were playing in a Grand Final in which we were within less than a goal at three quarter time. Name me one team in the history of the game that has not attempted to "have another shot" after making a GF?

Could suggest Adelaide after the 2017 grand final - not sure they've looked like attempting another shot since then

Yeah next weeks game is suddenly very interesting, I actually feel Brisbane have done even worse then us.

Losing by 50-60 points at home, it's not a good look.

Personally I haven't seen the lead up to the game what the fans were saying. And I know it's easy to say now but I didn't think this game would be a walk in the park like the odds suggested, they really started to gel late last year where they almost beat us then beat Carlton, GWS and Hawthorn. I think come mid year this loss won't look like such an upset and I hope it's because they're better than people think than us being that bad but time will tell. I think they will knock a few teams off at home this year, as normal you would rather get them late in the year when the fatigue is too much for a young side.

Just feel as though our imports do nothing to fix our issues that lead to our two finals losses last year.

Harry retiring has left a big hole.

Never seen a team do the recruiting drive we did with experienced players and turn that into a flag.

Please Chris Scott prove me wrong, but I can’t see how we can possibly win a flag with this group now.

Needed an injection of young talent, have felt since we did it we pulled the wrong rein here.

I’m over the fact that if the backline does something good it’s let all praise Scarlett, yet if something goes bad it’s Scott’s fault.
Too bloody right! Scarlo picks the match ups and when it goes right there's praise for the misfits. But doesn't get critiqued for match ups that don't work.
Then gets spoken about as Scott's replacement.

FWIW I think he does a lot right.

Like Adelaide today, the Swans want it way more than their opposition
Or there could be something to teams getting more than a month of extra preparation during what was already a shortened off-season.

Richmond were pretty off against Carlton as well, but just had enough quality to get it done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Cats lose to Crows by 12 points - Rd 1, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back