Autopsy Cats lose to Freo by 7 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

I think that’s the 6th or 7th game this year we’ve been in a position to go on and win it and completely just shat the bed and lost the game. Story of our season, bottom 8 side who’s shown glimpses of 2022 but ultimately not up to it. Midfield is a joke and there’s a few who should seriously be hanging them up at seasons end.

I think the only other game we win from here is the doggies at home and that’s only because we own them.

We will beat the doggies and the saints (we love the saints) but we might now have to beat port to get in...very tough ask.

I'd say Atkins has played above his skill set this year. He's a genuine hbf playing on elite mids. I think he's done OK.
He hasn't been great for a few weeks. I really think it's a case of inadequate preparation, ie. this is where you go now, or your role has changed to this, without much else offered.
I really think this is Premiership Hubris unaddressed and possibly exacerbated by the inattention of coaching staff and administration.

He had an absolute shocker, easily our worst for the day.
I wouldn't say a shocker. He normally gets on the end of a goal or two but does nothing else. Hawkins has an excuse for not getting many disposals because he is so effective as a forward. Olie Henry should be getting plenty of his own ball. 6 disposals is not enough.

As per Krock post match

Blicavs - hamstring injury, not seen after halftime & sounds like it's been straight to rehab to start recovery... Though I thought hospital for scans first

Hawkins - hamstring, won't play Saturday night

Bowes - finger injury, unsure how serious but Bews a good chance to return

Holmes - ankle injury (no idea)

It'll be interesting to watch the VFL tomorrow and see where a few guys line up. With an obvious opening up forward, where a couple of guys line up tomorrow as that will give a likely indication of who's next up to in terms of KPF thinking

Menegola would come in if holmes is proppy.

Bews for bowes maybe though you can play with a broken finger.

Sav or ceglar for blitz (either way it buggers our structure).

Either neale for hawk if we go like for like or dempsey if we go smaller.

Ah well- can’t play that poorly and expect to win. Team looks tired to me- so little movement. Not to worry -rather miss the finals than play like that.
Just lick our wounds and get ready for 2024. Go cats.

I’m going to shoot down our normal super hero.

Got me shocked that Stewart is getting wraps about his game.
It was terrible, he was exposed and the occasion got to him.
When he went to the midfield to give them a blast, the midfield should’ve told him to sort out his backline.

25 disposals for 11 turn overs, not to mention the amount of direct goals his opponent kicked.

Considering 22 of his 25 disposals were uncontested that’s a putrid game

THIS!!!
Plus Danger is a selfish player, more focused on himself. Although, really missed him at centre clearances when he was injured.
I’d prefer Stewart. Also, why wasn't Hawkins selected? 100% team player

Hawkins withdrew himself from the leadership group a number of years ago - pretty sure he's happy playing without the added pressure of a designated leadership role

He had an absolute shocker, easily our worst for the day.

He needs to be far more team oriented for mine. Aside from his woeful defensive game and being far too easily pushed off the ball, he plays quite a selfish brand of footy. Clearly he has ability but he’s got some serious liabilities atm too.

Nah Bruhn is a gun. I'm sure his direct opponent didn't get much of the ball..

We also have "dangerfield but better at kicking" Holmes to provide that explosive dynamic midfield to help change the game when required.

Must be the backlines fault again
none of them can consistently get over 18 touches a game.

bruhn, blicavs, atkins, danger. They just cant do it. Yet atkins and blicavs in particular get spoken about like they are stars. They are at best average players (ps. Average is not as bad as people think it is).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This result hurts. Nearly as much as listening to View attachment 1758748
He was crying too 🤣🤣🤣

NB While I never take pleasure when anyone is injured or ill, what makes me laugh is that the Footy Show always teased Lyon about it + he always sooked 🙄

He was at his insufferable best today, W⚓

Hawkins withdrew himself from the leadership group a number of years ago - pretty sure he's happy playing without the added pressure of a designated leadership role
Thank you our Queen of Geelong Knowledge 😊

I’m going to shoot down our normal super hero.

Got me shocked that Stewart is getting wraps about his game.
It was terrible, he was exposed and the occasion got to him.
When he went to the midfield to give them a blast, the midfield should’ve told him to sort out his backline.

25 disposals for 11 turn overs, not to mention the amount of direct goals his opponent kicked.

Considering 22 of his 25 disposals were uncontested that’s a putrid game
Worst game I have seen him play. Poor skills and poor decisions all day. Ah well- he’s usually in our best- can’t do it every week.

Nope. Being playing back. Doing ok but a long way off.

Neale could come in I reckon. He isn’t a “wrestle” type marking player but he is good on the lead. So if Hawkins out he should come in for sure

Particularly with Blicavs out as well.

He won’t be getting a game on form but this is the chance Neale has been waiting for and he really has to grab it.

Along with Mullin, Knevitt & Dempsey, he should be gradually brought into the side over the last 4 games.

I don’t want to see Menegola back in. Need to look beyond this season.

Danger with 15 touches…
I think we’ve run the old brigade into the ground this season, even Blitz has finally succumbed and Hawk as well.
Kudos to Longmuir - he sat on Close and Miers all day and took away our linkers.
We didn’t learn from the Optus game - their smalls once again hurt us forward and they smashed us again in clearances and contested ball - we seldom win losing both those metrics.
Shout out to Bruhn and Atkins who just dig in all day. Bowes needs a good hard look at himself as he’s nowhere near AFL intensity on that woeful performance.

Love Scotty but he needs to stop with the hyperbole- “mission accomplished “ and “ we are the danger” have blown up in our faces big time☹️☹️

Menegola would come in if holmes is proppy.

Bews for bowes maybe though you can play with a broken finger.

Sav or ceglar for blitz (either way it buggers our structure).

Either neale for hawk if we go like for like or dempsey if we go smaller.

Surely Knevitt for Blicavs is the obvious option

Use Stanley to ruck through the middle. Neale isn't necessarily going to be a long term ruck option but he does take the odd contest in the VFL & can do the same up forward. Use SDK down back

We also used Rohan in the ruck today, so maybe try that again next week cause at least we gave us something when the ball hit the deck

Particularly with Blicavs out as well.

He won’t be getting a game on form but this is the chance Neale has been waiting for and he really has to grab it.

Along with Mullin, Knevitt & Dempsey, he should be gradually brought into the side over the last 4 games.

I don’t want to see Menegola back in. Need to look beyond this season.
I agree but after press conference I think the next in’s will be SAV Parfitt and then I would add bews Guthrie and menegola. And if Stanley needs a break ceglar can have a crack.

All good

Danger with 15 touches…

They played him predominately forward in the last quarter - not sure if that's cause Rohan was spending time in the ruck & then Hawkins off the field, so they wanted another marking option, but surely he should have been in at the coal face

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Cats lose to Freo by 7 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back