Autopsy Cats lose to Suns by 19 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A horrible game. At least against Collingwood we were good for three quarters and then came home fast against Carlton when it was too late. We knew they were both good teams. But there was nothing to enjoy in today's game. I feel sorry for any supporters who spent money on a trip to Queensland thinking they would enjoy a weekend away. At least we know things can only get better. Hopefully players will be fitter in future and will get back to something like their usual form. There's no way we'll be staying at the bottom of the ladder.

Well, let's be thankful that it all finally come together last year...

Because the cliff was eventually going to come and at least we snagged that elusive flag before it was too late.

I'm really not convinced the next gen of kids, draftees and recruits are going to keep us anywhere near the level that we have come accustomed to for so long.

Now that the older guys are off the pace (possibly because of that flag) the talent that needs to take their place just isn't there for mine.

I’ve never heard somebody who thinks the sound of their own voice is as important as Dermott does.

Hudson: ‘neither team taking advantage of shots at goals here’

Dermott [slowly, to add gravitas]: ‘neither team can seize the opportunity in front of them.’

🙄
My favourite bit of commentary from today was when Huddo mentioned "casual" Sexton.

The over possession side ways kicking is becoming a blight on the game imo, it's unattractive and results in poor skills. There has been a significant amount of it this weekend and we where major contributors falling in the some trap.

I don't get it its a simple game why do coaches over complicate it with stupid tactics?

Last edited:
We've got the Hawks next week

is it over yet? end of the world GIF by Michelle Porucznik

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How ironic if after 10+ years of everyone in the media prematurely writing us off over the pre-season only for us to remain up the top of the ladder, the one year people finally didn't write us off over pre-season ends up being the one year we do actually fall from grace.

Long way to go yet before that happens but it's going to be hard to make the eight from here, let alone top four.

Maybe but nine disposals in the VFL suggests he has a way to go.
Didn't we get pounded by Gold Coast's VFL team last year? They have a bunch of failed AFL players don't they? Not sure you can read all that much into it.

As usual it sounds like we're playing Clark, a talented inside mid, as a forward pocket because reasons.

You could make five changes to this side for next week and it still wouldn’t seem enough. 2-3 passengers would still get a game. If we hadn’t just won the flag I’d be terrified.

Didn't we get pounded by Gold Coast's VFL team last year? They have a bunch of failed AFL players don't they? Not sure you can read all that much into it.

As usual it sounds like we're playing Clark, a talented inside mid, as a forward pocket because reasons.
I would have others ahead of Knevitt (and Clark) but we will see. Simpson is also a chance.

Scott is no doubt a very astute coach.

But he draws wildly opposing reactions from me during his pressers. Sometimes I sit back and admire his insight and knowledge, and am grateful he coaches our club.

Other times he comes across to me like a smarmy, greasy used car salesman. Too smug sometimes.

My view is he's easily the most articulate and insightful of the AFL coaches any time he's talking about footy in general or about a team that isn't Geelong. His depth of understanding of the game is second to none and I love listening to what he has to say. However, whenever he's talking about the Cats, he keeps his cards so close to his chest that he's barely worth listening to.

Scott is no doubt a very astute coach.

But he draws wildly opposing reactions from me during his pressers. Sometimes I sit back and admire his insight and knowledge, and am grateful he coaches our club.

Other times he comes across to me like a smarmy, greasy used car salesman. Too smug sometimes.
Always too smug

I don't want to hear anything about how finishing last season later than other teams is responsible for our lack of conditioning and fitness. Sydney's year ended at the same point as us and they look nowhere as unfit.
They weren't on the piss celebrating until the middle of January.

Where can I watch Scott's presser??
You his announcement he'll step down as no reigning premiership coach allows that to be served up? :p Likewise a few of our "players".

Rounds 1 and 2 we could give some leeway to, but today? No excuse, the Suns were terrible. Any decent side would've taken the sword to us by half-time, and we STILL couldn't get it back on our terms. Injuries are no longer an excuse, zero ****s were given today. Frankly I'm embarrassed and ashamed, as they seem indifferent. Far too casual when there was only 6 points late in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back