Autopsy Cats lose to Swans by 30 points

Remove this Banner Ad

We beat anyone else with that effort. Thats how far ahead that mob is. No one else has three goalkicking midfielders in thier prime. Didnt deserve to lose that by 30, we were well and truly served up on a plate by the AFL there. Two byes to nil is bullshit.

Much better by so many players but sad to say Catters that Duncs is done. And its well and truly time to move on from Stanley.

(I wonder if anyone in my age group was having flashbacks to 1996, and playing Sydney up there on a Sunday afternoon in front of 40,000+. We got spanked as Sydney were on their way to finishing first, and we gently fell down the ladder to settle in at 7th. That's what this felt like).

Clark, week on week the weakest mid, he's just not big enough playing him middle gives us little, if he wasn't pick 7 he'd be in the twos. Don't mind playing the kids but if we want to win play best available.

His tendency to panic handball to empty space really hurts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Firstly, a great experience coming to Sydney. Great city. Infinitely better than Melbourne is almost every way possible.

On the game. Another game lost in the midfield. Another game with recidivist passengers.

Atkins + Bruhn + Bowes+ Clark + Blicavs. 72 touches and 2 goals.

Gulden + Heeney + Warner. 89 touches and 5 goals.

Enough said. Holmes isn't the problem. The rest of them are, and our only magnet switch is to drop one of those and bring in the VFL fringe mid. ATM that is Parfitt. This is their only change, and in a month when Parfitt is in for one of them they'll make the same swap.

People keep throwing out disagrees, and quoting ad nauseam and that doesn't bother me, I am not saying what I am because I dislike them as players or people, they're just not doing enough. -13 for clearances tonight is another piece of evidence as to why I won't change until the output changes.

Cataholic mentions mid game that he agrees we need to try something different. This is why I am so frustrated on Thursday's and on game day. We are down Ng the same thing with the same players and expecting results to change. All while not giving games to Mannagh, Hardie, Clohesy or Knevitt who are playing good VFL footy.

It is why I didn't think today's effort was pleasing and view this as another game where we learn nothing. This MC is learning nothing picking the same mids with sub-par performance. We're learning nothing about the mids playing well in the reserves.

As for the ruck; I'd make Rhys walk home. He got his arse handed to him on a platter. Served by Matt Preston is a shiny cloche. Absolutely non-competitive.

Cameron and Neale are linked. Cameron has played wing ever since Shannon came in to the team. Plays up forward last Q and kicks two goals after two marks. Funny that. Revolutionary stuff. KISS Chris Scott, Coleman medallists inside 50. Neale therefore has to dislodge Hawkins, and at present I'd take a cooked Tomahawk over Shannon.

So many are pointing at the defence, and while a few ha E dropped off, none more so than Tom Stewart, we simply cannot play a game where it lives in our back half until we concede a goal, then lose centre clearance and rinse and repeat.
Early this year JC playing up the ground was a stroke of genius- impossible match up, impeccable disposal, tank...he's down on form, it's on him.
Neale needs game time- he is our only hope to take over from Hawkins; sadly Hawkins, Duncan, Stanley, Rohan and Tuohy will really several weeks struggle post bye; Danger is broken at worst, and seems to be a time-bomb. Who knows about CG?

Last edited:
I’m sticking to my “Duncan is cooked” rant. It’s time to send him back to the 2’s and help teach the next gen.

Humphrey’s surely a chance post bye.

All is not lost if Danger and Guthrie can get through the rest of the year in one piece.

Blicavs is becoming a close watch. Looks a shadow of his former self. Stewart just out of touch. Hawkins …. Hhhmmm concerned but Neale is raw.

Stanley is soft as a pensioners tu$d

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Why was Hawkins a chance to miss this game?

What changes win us that game?

On SM-N986B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Who knows? What I do know is we have a huge weakness in the midfield that was incredibly predictable, but instead of trying to address it, we continue to play the likes of MOC, Mullin and Blicavs (to name a few). None of those guys will add to our ability to win a contest. Once again we gave up the midfield, one again it cost us the game.

To the rest of this board: it's ok too criticise Scott, he isn't infallible.

So many underperformers. We've relied on Stewart for too long and once he gets nullified our deficiencies becomes painfully apparent. The midfield is simply not competitive and when you can't break even at the contest, everything else gets very hard.

We are just an ordinary team.

Rubbish - their 3 junk times goals were annoying. Was 2-3 goals at best. We had our chances but no luck on our side.
Not sure why we didn't play Danger.
They had ten more shots on goal - get your head out of the sand. 16.16 to 12.10 says it all. Lets not be Richmond supporters here - we got belted after quarter time and coudln't compete on their level. But we cracked in all game.

We are going okay given where we're at. But lets not pretend we're close to their level - that's delusion.

Go Cats.

Firstly, a great experience coming to Sydney. Great city. Infinitely better than Melbourne is almost every way possible.

On the game. Another game lost in the midfield. Another game with recidivist passengers.

Atkins + Bruhn + Bowes+ Clark + Blicavs. 72 touches and 2 goals.

Gulden + Heeney + Warner. 89 touches and 5 goals.

Enough said. Holmes isn't the problem. The rest of them are, and our only magnet switch is to drop one of those and bring in the VFL fringe mid. ATM that is Parfitt. This is their only change, and in a month when Parfitt is in for one of them they'll make the same swap.

People keep throwing out disagrees, and quoting ad nauseam and that doesn't bother me, I am not saying what I am because I dislike them as players or people, they're just not doing enough. -13 for clearances tonight is another piece of evidence as to why I won't change until the output changes.

Cataholic mentions mid game that he agrees we need to try something different. This is why I am so frustrated on Thursday's and on game day. We are down Ng the same thing with the same players and expecting results to change. All while not giving games to Mannagh, Hardie, Clohesy or Knevitt who are playing good VFL footy.

It is why I didn't think today's effort was pleasing and view this as another game where we learn nothing. This MC is learning nothing picking the same mids with sub-par performance. We're learning nothing about the mids playing well in the reserves.

As for the ruck; I'd make Rhys walk home. He got his arse handed to him on a platter. Served by Matt Preston is a shiny cloche. Absolutely non-competitive.

Cameron and Neale are linked. Cameron has played wing ever since Shannon came in to the team. Plays up forward last Q and kicks two goals after two marks. Funny that. Revolutionary stuff. KISS Chris Scott, Coleman medallists inside 50. Neale therefore has to dislodge Hawkins, and at present I'd take a cooked Tomahawk over Shannon.

So many are pointing at the defence, and while a few ha E dropped off, none more so than Tom Stewart, we simply cannot play a game where it lives in our back half until we concede a goal, then lose centre clearance and rinse and repeat.

I agree with you pretty much.

We keep playing a group that has shown, no matter their endeavour, an inability to sustain a winning effort over 4 quarters.

I'm beginning to question if there isn't an unhealthy allegiance to player's past performances, rather than their current output......

We have players like SDK, Henry, Blitz, Stanley, Duncan, and Hawkins who are well below par, whilst others like Stewart, Cameron and Close are struggling......

There's an argument that we just don't have replacements, but then we have the likes of Mannagh, Clohesy and Knevitt doing well in the VFL.....some argue they're not up to it, but how do we know??........the players previously mentioned have demonstrably proven they're not up to it atm so what's to lose?

Trying something different to garner a different result isn't the most radical idea.

Rubbish - their 3 junk times goals were annoying. Was 2-3 goals at best. We had our chances but no luck on our side.
Not sure why we didn't play Danger.
We didn't play Danger because the club has decided to eliminate all risk. They know more than any of us ever will. 4 flags in under 20-years, lets actually back the judgement calls of people that know what they're doing and have the runs on the board.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Cats lose to Swans by 30 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Back