Review Cats rout North by 62 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched the game, without sound mind you. Long story short, we played practically a VFL standard team today on our home deck and I'm pretty okay with the win. No injuries a bonus, and some resting to Dangerfield and Blicavs was good. Thought Bowes was decent today, and his best game for us so far. Can't complain really with today, if we can beat the Dons next week then we are in good shape to play Finals this year.

Watched the game, without sound mind you. Long story short, we played practically a VFL standard team today on our home deck and I'm pretty okay with the win. No injuries a bonus, and some resting to Dangerfield and Blicavs was good. Thought Bowes was decent today, and his best game for us so far. Can't complain really with today, if we can beat the Dons next week then we are in good shape to play Finals this year.

We're going to need some improvement on today to beat Essendon.

First things first.

Went to my first game in a while, courtesy of the Frank Costa Boardroom, Captain Morgan, Canadian Club and Jack Daniels were solid companions.

The Good,

• Ollie Henry played his most complete game, chased more, contested plenty and brought more defensive effort.
  • Tyson Stengle welcome back with five goals and really should have been 6
  • Close looked great, some really good goals.
  • Holmes, Duncan, Danger and Bowes getting plenty of the ball.
  • Miers, if he's getting 32 touches that can only mean plenty of score assists was great around the ground too.
  • Atkins and Blitz tackling everything with help from Tanner (who keeps getting better) and Paddy
  • Hawk was ok, but geez his feet were in cement today outside of his goals.
  • Z.Guthrie, again like Miers him getting a lot of the ball means a lot of kicks going forward
  • Though MOC was ok, normally don't notice him but he was getting up and down the ground well today

The not so good

• Oisen, geez, I'm not really sure he knows what he is doing out there, it will take time, his speed is ridiculous, hope he's taking the comp by storm in five years' time.
  • The Piss take periods of the game, this had 100pts written all over it, and the amount of time wasted with chippy kicks to people in vaguely better positions was not something I wanted to see in person.
  • Concentration, felt like there were times were we were just fartizing around with the ball with zero direction as to what we wanted to do, particularly through the middle of the ground.
  • You look at some players and wonder why North isn't better Davies-Uniake is a gun, hard road for them, but they will be better,

Indulgence

- As a footy fan good to see North get around Boomer's kid when he kicked his first goal, that's the stuff that will build them back as a club again.

My two cents worth.

First things first.

Went to my first game in a while, courtesy of the Frank Costa Boardroom, Captain Morgan, Canadian Club and Jack Daniels were solid companions.

The Good,

• Ollie Henry played his most complete game, chased more, contested plenty and brought more defensive effort.
  • Tyson Stengle welcome back with five goals and really should have been 6
  • Close looked great, some really good goals.
  • Holmes, Duncan, Danger and Bowes getting plenty of the ball.
  • Miers, if he's getting 32 touches that can only mean plenty of score assists was great around the ground too.
  • Atkins and Blitz tackling everything with help from Tanner (who keeps getting better) and Paddy
  • Hawk was ok, but geez his feet were in cement today outside of his goals.
  • Z.Guthrie, again like Miers him getting a lot of the ball means a lot of kicks going forward
  • Though MOC was ok, normally don't notice him but he was getting up and down the ground well today

The not so good

• Oisen, geez, I'm not really sure he knows what he is doing out there, it will take time, his speed is ridiculous, hope he's taking the comp by storm in five years' time.
  • The Piss take periods of the game, this had 100pts written all over it, and the amount of time wasted with chippy kicks to people in vaguely better positions was not something I wanted to see in person.
  • Concentration, felt like there were times were we were just fartizing around with the ball with zero direction as to what we wanted to do, particularly through the middle of the ground.
  • You look at some players and wonder why North isn't better Davies-Uniake is a gun, hard road for them, but they will be better,

Indulgence

- As a footy fan good to see North get around Boomer's kid when he kicked his first goal, that's the stuff that will build them back as a club again.

My two cents worth.

5 years for Oisin??

Oisen, geez, I'm not really sure he knows what he is doing out there, it will take time, his speed is ridiculous, hope he's taking the comp by storm in five years' time.

He's getting to the footy at least. That's the start. Figuring out what to do with it will follow soon enough, and I reckon it'll be like flipping a switch. We'll see the lightbulb go on half-way through a game one of these days I think.

5 years for Oisin??
If Blitz wasn't as tall as he is it would've taken him nearly 5 years to get up to scratch. Mullin is starting from further back and his position doesnt forgive errors very easily.

It will take him time, that's ok. The issue is how often are we going to gift him games on potential while others are arguably playing better in the VFL.

If Blitz wasn't as tall as he is it would've taken him nearly 5 years to get up to scratch. Mullin is starting from further back and his position doesnt forgive errors very easily.

It will take him time, that's ok. The issue is how often are we going to gift him games on potential while others are arguably playing better in the VFL.

Blicav's ability to run all day had a bit to do with it too.......

Today was about the Irish celebration, but Mullin has pace, good hands, a good kick, and I don't think it'll take long for it to click.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's what I reckon, you can't hide a sub 6ft project player in many places on the footy field, Blitz could ruck, play defense, and wander around where his height gave him a natural advantage against smaller opponents or taller slower opponents. I've no doubt he will make it, but no idea how long it will take before he's lighting it up.

Cats rout North​

That title is hilariously bizarre. In this instance the term 'rout' is best described as "to force out as if by digging".
What a terrible game.
Oh, Mullin was exceptional! Seriously, Geelong has to beat at least 6 teams currently in the 8 after Nth to make a reasonable position on the ladder for the finals, so they pick Mullin to Gel with the group. He has no idea at present and won't for the remaining season.
Ratugolea is already playing for Port.
Dangerfield still injured.
Hawkins has only one job now, and that's to teach everything that he can possibly articulate to Ollie Henry. It's like watching an Elephant travelling towards it's grave.
This may well be the worst post of the year.

Gee I feel old now. It seems only a few years ago we were watching Boomer, now his boy is playing!
Fun fact: Boomer played* well into his 60s.

:D

*tormented Geelong

:(

I swear I'd have won some coin on that Dangerfield first quarter set shot from 15 meters out - never looked like it.
Speaking of which, sack the umpire that refused to bring the players back 10m from the side of the mark.

VFL form means shit when assessing players' likely 1sts performance.

Just what we needed. Had the game won by 1/4 time, coasted a bit, avoided injuries, and had the opportunity to drill the gameplan. Letting the Irishmen Three have some fun in 2E's milestone game was nice too.

Stengle's set shots. What more can you say?

Blitz getting subbed off wrecked our structure. He's unbelievably important to us. Cotton wool was a wise call.

Yeah i noticed the blitz bit too but i think this was the last chance we will get to rest him for the rest of the year so it had to be done.

I agree we coasted in the 2nd half and were merely ok.

A massive 8 point game next saturday if we want a finals spot. Hopefully we are on from the start. Will be some selection pressure next week.

Yeah i noticed the blitz bit too but i think this was the last chance we will get to rest him for the rest of the year so it had to be done.

I agree we coasted in the 2nd half and were merely ok.

A massive 8 point game next saturday if we want a finals spot. Hopefully we are on from the start. Will be some selection pressure next week.
Gotta have Cameron, other possible changes don't matter much.

To be fair to Mullin, he has the build, the speed the tank its just his decision making.

But he has under 10 games of football in total doesn't he? He needs two full seasons before I think we really start to see him come good.

His foot skills are great, his hospital handballs not so great.

Good win. Switched on from the beginning. Need to start like that next week and keep it up. Will have to bring very good footy to knock off the bombers next week.
Enjoying the different spellings of Tuohy! Decent man- pleased for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back