Review Cats send Dogs to the pound by 13 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

That was a good win in the end. It really looked like the Dogs were going to overrun us but the work done defensively even without Stewart was superb. SDK had another stellar performance as did Jezza. When the Dogs midfield got on top I thought our boys did well to hang in there.

SDK is now equal favourite for the rising star ($8) with Horne-Francis (#1 pick) as a key position player. Pretty remarkable.
he should be but he ain’t, he’s the fourth fav atm.

$2.75 Newcombe
$3.25 Daicos
$4 Martin
$7 DeKoning

Shout out to Touhy. On the end of a dog act to play a very good last quarter then shook his hand and had a laugh about it. Great stuff Zac but smith 3+ eff him!
Tuohy about to front the tribunal and say the red mark was from his dog biting him.

Seriously, Tuohy will do his best to get him off

Just keep playing the kids... and what ever the year brings... we win.

After the bye id not be against bringing in Demp again. Its a big oval in WA.

Tonight we won because we trusted a kid at the start of the year... and he was up to the challenge. More please.

ohhh. ... and Conversion wins games. Forwards who can gain possession and convert. If Neale has any sense he will try to some degree to copy Cameron. He is not a Hawkins body.

Special mention to Stanley. He played like a big man in the second half tonight. Im not sure what turns him on and off but when he plays at good Stanley level.. he is up there in the top group as a ruck

Stengle has a body languge that all most screams he is about to drop his head. Tonight thingas were not going his way..yet found a way to contribute. Well done

ZacGuth... still improving and becoming more comfortable.

Did anyone else see
  • the end of SDK's career when Weightman threw himself headlong at Sam's knees? (Little grub probably fishing for another free...)
  • the coming of age for Zuthrie, standing up under real pressure and not wilting a bit
  • the last game ever for Luke Dahlhaus
  • the futility of Narkle
  • the guy you want to see in the trench next to you in Atkins
  • that Stengle is bloody handy overhead
  • that Stanley should always take the field in total fear for his career. (I reckon he thought he saw the end of it with Neale forward, SDK back and Blitz on ball last week)

Great fightback, even if we did go to water a bit when the Dogs dialled it up to 11.
Add back Stewart, Henry, Danger, Holmes and maybe Simpson, Menegola... We will be very hard to beat if we perform.

I noticed your criticism of Parfitt a little earlier. Its an opinion I don't agree with.

I thought he was very good tonight...does so many things that dont appear on the stat sheet. He was relentless in his pressure on the opposition and all over the ground to boot.

Parfitt, Rohan, Atkins...quality pressure players which are sorely needed when the big boys come to town.

Have them in my side every day of the week on present form.
I acknowledge Parfitt's pressure and effort which is why I mentioned his tackling as a positive. However he undoes much of his good work once he has the ball in hand. Not unlike Dangerfield except zparfitf is better defensively. Atkins has impressed me and I like Rohan when he brings pressure and as an x-factor. Parfitt deserves his place in the team but he could be so much better. In a similar vein, Miers has some good attributes but his decision making and disposal tonight really let him down. I was very happy we won and there were some real positives. Mitch Duncan reminded us what a classy player he is, Zach Guthrie had another good game, Stengle is sublime, Cameron can win games for us and SDK is a revelation.

It's continuing to be quite a season for the perennially derided.

Atkins brilliant (yet again). As our midfield gets on in years, he's ageing as well. Like a fine wine.
Rhys as hard as nails when it mattered. 15 contested possessions on the night. The nonsense that Ceglar was going to offer more looks like just that at this point.
And Zuth showing a fair amount of ease in controlling the game and his opponent as well. Making a difference for us with ball in hand and opponent in pocket.

Three players that some posters have never rated are really contributing in a team that is 8-4. Go figure.

From a team perspective, I loved the fact that we still fought like hell, even when the game was steadily going away from us. And then to see the boys steel themselves in the last and wrest back control for almost the entire term was incredibly pleasing.

If the club gets a better run with injuries in the second half of the season, there are going to be some mighty unlucky boys going around with the Bankers each week.

Anyway, enjoy the well-earned for now, boys. The biggest moments of 2022 are still to come. And performances like that one bring some hope that we're not out of the frame yet.

Just keep playing the kids... and what ever the year brings... we win.

After the bye id not be against bringing in Demp again. Its a big oval in WA.

Tonight we won because we trusted a kid at the start of the year... and he was up to the challenge. More please.

ohhh. ... and Conversion wins games. Forwards who can gain possession and convert. If Neale has any sense he will try to some degree to copy Cameron. He is not a Hawkins body.

Special mention to Stanley. He played like a big man in the second half tonight. Im not sure what turns him on and off but when he plays at good Stanley level.. he is up there in the top group as a ruck

Stengle has a body languge that all most screams he is about to drop his head. Tonight thingas were not going his way..yet found a way to contribute. Well done

ZacGuth... still improving and becoming more comfortable.
Dekoning is now recognised as the premier young key defender in the AFL and quickly establishing himself as a top AFL player.

He is going to be almost unstoppable when he runs and leaps at the ball at 204cm with those long arms.

He is the perfect key defensive prodigy to nullify the new generstion of 200+cm key forwards while being an intercepting freak that has unusually good skills and athleticism.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A very good win, particularly with the 22 we had on the park, Stewart subbed out and the Doggies momentum. That sort of gusting it out win is a great lesson/condo builder for the younger players.

An observation- while I am reluctant to talk about opposition supporters - surely Doggies supporters are the high water mark of booing of every adverse decision (including those that are indisputable). Made the win the more sweeter I am ashamed to admit.
I get every fan base is guilty but it certainly felt like some around me were appealing for some questionable stuff

If we show some guts in selection, and run with some new blood in the midfield at least we may have a chance, if we play the same midfield as last year then no chance.
Been wondering why 2E never tr
ied on ball. Big, fast, great disposal, great speed and can spread. Great core strength and as big as most bulls. Why not?

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

The way we fade in and out of games is a real worry, Dogs really had their chances to win that game off a 30 point deficit, just can't be doing that if we want to contend.

Been wondering why 2E never tr
ied on ball. Big, fast, great disposal, great speed and can spread. Great core strength and as big as most bulls. Why not?

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

I think they use Tuohy on a "go where we need you" basis..but your right about his disposal...his 35 metre bullet pass down the line to Stengle led directly to Cameron's 5th goal.

It was an all class moment.

Rhys Stanley is the predominant barometer in this team. Thoughts?

Also not enough about how f*cking useless Isaac Smith is. I'm so sick of watching him just get the ball and kick it long. It's awful to watch, and he just butchers it over and over again. Was worst on ground behind Stephens (who admittedly only got to play 50% game time so it wasn't his fault).

They are not the onesid leave outto accomodate him they are guns its the fringe guys id rotate out to keep him in but i agree his intensity and his workrate are fantastic and we need to get games into him. If narkle had stephens attack on the contest hed be a 200 gamer as it is intensity will see one make it and the other get delisted.

Narkle playing as he has the last couple of times... I see no upside in him playing. It as if he resonates not wanting to be there.

SDK is god enough said
Cameron was worth everything we gave up
Selwood is just wow
Stanley bringing some Hulk about time now keep doing it
Atkins a bull who teammates would absolutely love

Narkle **** off back to the 2s and stay until traded or delisted

Please keep playing Cooper even if it is due to rotating our mids through rests

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Cats send Dogs to the pound by 13 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back