Review Cats sink Dockers by 11 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Blicavs actually did pretty well when positioned deep in defense considering its been close to 3 seasons since he played any kind of meaningful football as a KD, didn't he?
Fair effort.

Blitz rolling onto his left to kick out of D50 is genuinely terrifying.

He is doing very poorly this year at being a lethal goalkicker. 1.4 goals a game is poor if thats all you do. Needs to be above 2.2 a game.
2.2 a game would have him 9th in the league. Sure, nice to have but it shows the unrealistic standard some are holding a 22 year old to.

He is doing very poorly this year at being a lethal goalkicker. 1.4 goals a game is poor if thats all you do. Needs to be above 2.2 a game.
So just confirming, your margin between good and poor there makes him equal 10th for average goals kicked this year, so anything not top 10 is poor?

I think we pressured then into the turnovers for sure but a lot of the ones that stuck out to me were to players who definitely had the space to mark with another 2 metres on the kick.
For sure they dropped a lot of sitters.

I do think we played our part with pressuring them and taking it up to them though. They folded under the heat, so perceived pressure came into it even when they broke free.

Who was his direct opponent?
No one really has meaningful individual match ups other than key position players these days do they? From what I can tell watching on tv Close spends a lot of time closing space through the midfield when opposition have the ball, but the beauty of his game is on the transition to attack where he so often gets involved using a smart touch to set up a scoring chain.

Who was his direct opponent?
Whoever was nearest to him usually corridor. He got sent to where Freo wanted to move the ball to and pressured the chain through running to prevent the chain of handballs out of the back half through the middle that we look vulnerable to.

So I would say it's not incorrect to say his direct opponent was Justin Longmuir and that he won that match up.

What do critics expect of Neale? He’s played 16 AFL games and is 22. He’s starting to be more comfortable and clunk some big marks. He’s kicked 18 goals in 11 games this year and has 5 GA. I would say he’s developing nicely.
Goal kicking average is 35th in the league, same as the number 1 draft pick from his draft year, who is currently 10th in the Coleman having played the whole season.

Reckon he's tracking just fine

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do critics expect of Neale? He’s played 16 AFL games and is 22. He’s starting to be more comfortable and clunk some big marks. He’s kicked 18 goals in 11 games this year and has 5 GA. I would say he’s developing nicely.
He has kicked one less goal than 2 meter Peter
One less goal than Jack Gunston
More goals than the next big thing at the saints Owen’s.
Like you said, he’s developing nicely

Was an extremely poor effort that.

He wanted no part of that contest, and threw Mannagh under the bus.
He didn’t throw him under the bus. It was simply miscommunication - blitz thought mannagh was going to fly and almost pulled out of the contest to e sure that he didn’t clean mannagh up.

Blitz has his faults but effort level is not one of them, he has proven this over many many years.

What a win! probably the most important of the season. We should make to four now even top two if results go our way.
If we can absolutely slaughter Saints next week + consequently improve our %
🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

It’s been a big dipper ride this season, with the highs + lows
A season, which is still stochastic until the final GF siren blares.

Meme Cats GIF by Nebraska Humane Society

Those bagging OH he has sometimes had a lack of a defensive game but this wasn't one of them.

He defensive stuff was good early as was all of Geelong's but after he hurt himself it dropped a bit which is understandable and that wasn't down to effort that was still around he just wasn't able to do it as much as he wanted to.

If you want to bag him for something this week bag him for missing easy set shots.

Possession count for the whole game was 396 Freo, 307 us.

They did pissfart around with it a lot, but that's still a remarkable stat for the winning team to get 90 possies less than the losers. The 2022 GF was 397 us, 304 Swans, and we won that game by 81 points.
At a guess I reckon 150 of those freo possessions were meaningless. We were giving them the uncontested kicks in specific areas on the ground and letting them snooker themselves.

And they were dumb enough to keep doing it.

we were a predator playing with a rodent

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Cats sink Dockers by 11 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back