Review Cats sink Dockers by 11 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

I am shocked Rhys won the match up.

Is this the result of genuinely player management or the latest in a long line of Stanley's bullying the top tier rucks and getting dominated by random VFL ring ins?
Rhys tends to do well against the more “finesse” rucks, and can sometimes get bullied by the clumsy behemoths.

It would have been interesting to see what would have happened against a fit Darcy.

Or is a fit Darcy an oxymoron?

May have been acknowledged previously, but Cats fans made some noise at the ground yesterday.

I've heard before that we've got some strong support in the West but hadn't realised to that degree
We have alway had a strong following in WA.

It goes back to the pre-afl days when everyone in Perth had a vfl team that they followed. Geelong always had a good representation of wa players (Polly, John watts, denis Marshall, etc). Plus Geelong was seen as the non-Melbourne team so was a logical choice for those in Perth who had a chip in their shoulder about being little brother to Sydney/melbourne.

I went to plenty of games at subi in the 90’s and we always had a lot of support.

Best win of the season that was. At a venue where we have struggled in the past, against a good opponent who we haven't beaten since 2021 and with a top 4 spot on the line.

The odds were against us but what a mature, composed performance, especially in the last quarter - there was no panic from anyone. Even someone like Oisin Mullin, thrown in late and subbed on midway through, kept his head under pressure with the ball.

So many positives - Stanley in the ruck, Danger's leadership (that mark and goal in the last quarter was just massive, though the less said about him fluffing a certain goal later the better), the elite pressure all day, the defence looking a lot sturdier than they did last week, the midfield - Tom Atkins was huge I thought and the smalls doing their things - Mannagh, Miers, Close were fantastic.

Couldn't be prouder.

Yes yes he was

Cheers

Thought I was going crazy for a moment

I honestly don't see us resting another player this season - 2 games left to lock in the top 4 and potentially the top 2

There's a week off in 3 weeks

AND IF Hawkins is able to prove his fitness for round 24, I can't see one senior player putting their hand up for a two week break - would think all would want to be out there for what would potentially be the big man's farewell game

As for those who are sore or injured - that's different, as I wouldn't consider the possibility of Henry missing this week with soreness as a "managed" thing

Last edited:
What do critics expect of Neale? He’s played 16 AFL games and is 22. He’s starting to be more comfortable and clunk some big marks. He’s kicked 18 goals in 11 games this year and has 5 GA. I would say he’s developing nicely.
Whoever can’t see that he is important to our structure AND is improving every week either:

A - doesn’t watch the games (ie. only looks at the stats sheet); OR
B - has already made up their mind about Neale and is only looking for evidence that supports their negative viewpoint

He was a very important contributor to our win yesterday

Cheers

Thought I was going crazy for a moment

I honestly don't see us resting another player this season - 2 games left to lock in the top 4 and potentially the top 2

There's a week off in 3 weeks

AND IF Hawkins is able to prove his fitness for round 23, I can't see one senior player putting their hand up for a two week break - would think all would want to be out there for what would potentially be the big man's farewell game

As for those who are sore or injured - that's different, as I wouldn't consider the possibility of Henry missing this week with soreness as a "managed" thing
Purely resting due to age i don't see but managing from being sore like say OH next week who obviously hurt himself this week and may need a week off due to being sore i can see.

Have to love how most teams have had to bottom out at some stage in order to be competitive, yet we generally finish in finals and rebuild on the fly.

14 of the 23 players we had yesterday had made their club debut since 2019: Atkins, Bowes, Bruhn, Cameron, Close, Dempsey, Ollie Henry, Holmes, Humphries, Mannagh, Miers, Mullin, Neale and Stengle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawkins to be sub through the finals series.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

And if we have a situation like yesterday with a midfielder going off concussed

Ideally, there's a level of versatility to the sub - not a player on his last legs who's not exactly an impact player

Teams selecting a KPP as sub rarely sees it work well

I heard mandated, could be wrong
That was my belief, though I'm far from certain.
Some clubs have deals with footwear sponsors + may provide boots to players.
Some players have individual deals with footwear sponsors.

If the club’s sponsor boot doesn’t suit/fit a player, wouldn’t they choose their own boots?

Football boots are an essential piece of equipment for players. Many manufacturers offer a range of customisation options to suit the player's style of play, needs + personal preferences.

Could it be mandatory for the club to choose boots, yet if ill fitting, the player can choose?

He looked very tired yesterday.
I just thought he looked slow
Which is nothing new
Random question - does Voss from
Freo have the worst hands in the league?

His attempts at marking yesterday were diabolical.

Hands like bricks
Said it before the game and I’ll say it again.
He’s shit

He didn’t throw him under the bus. It was simply miscommunication - blitz thought mannagh was going to fly and almost pulled out of the contest to e sure that he didn’t clean mannagh up.

Blitz has his faults but effort level is not one of them, he has proven this over many many years.

I saw that incident differently.

He stopped dead and let one of our smallest guys try and compete against one of their taller players. It was his moment to go, and he didn't.

Further proof that Champion Data/Super Coach points mean nothing. According to SC points, Fremantle had the 3 best players on the ground, and 8 of the top 10.
The kick-to-kick their backline loves to engage in is silly. Even their coach called them out on it a couple of months ago.

FREMANTLE coach Justin Longmuir concedes his players were more worried about bulking up their stats than focusing on team defence during last week's thumping loss to the Western Bulldogs.

"There's no doubt in the seniors on the weekend that guys were worried more about how many possessions they got than how they competed in the contest, how they pressured the opposition and how they defended," he told reporters on Thursday.

Further proof that Champion Data/Super Coach points mean nothing. According to SC points, Fremantle had the 3 best players on the ground, and 8 of the top 10.
Luke Ryan would’ve played the worst 36 possession 15 marks game I’ve ever seen.
What a boring way to get your kicks and marks.
Got found out several times yesterday when he actually had to defend

If the club’s sponsor boot doesn’t suit/fit a player, wouldn’t they choose their own boots?

Football boots are an essential piece of equipment for players. Many manufacturers offer a range of customisation options to suit the player's style of play, needs + personal preferences.

Could it be mandatory for the club to choose boots, yet if ill fitting, the player can choose?
We are talking types of studs (screw ins or moulds)

I was referring moreso to whether or not the player has the choice, on the day, as to what stud length and pattern is used, or whether it's dictated to them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Cats sink Dockers by 11 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back