Review Cats sink Dockers by 11 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

I scanned and noticed some mention of boots?

Not sure in what context... but I immediately think it's about Ollie Henry and him slipping over 24/7.

I asked the question as to whether it was left to the player to select stud size etc, or whether it was dictated to them as a group, on the day, by the club?

We seem to slip over quite often whilst others don't seem to.

Edit: was remiss of me not to point out that Bunnings was asking the question too......

I think the game just changed favourably towards his skill set just as he was traded to Freo.

I would not say that Duncan or Holmes, who Geelong use in that new role, are good defensive players.
I can recall Clark being completely clueless defensively. His positioning and intent to attack a contest was non existent. I can’t say that about either Duncan or Holmes. They have a go even though it’s not their strong suit.

Yes foxdog50

Three umpires ‘neglected’ to see
Yes, foxdog50 three umpires neglected to see Banfield’s elbow into Zuthrie’s head!

‘Perhaps’ Rodgers #37, another Geelong hating umpire, might have ‘ignored’ (???) the incident?

Purely, my speculation!

Why?

Because. . .our very fair + balanced cats_09 stated it occurred in front of her + even the replay failed to show Banfield’s elbow into Zuthrie’s head.

Still, Banfield was only fined 🙄

Surprisingly, Bottle Shop guy, Richmond fan, brought it up + said if the incident was reversed, it would be a week for a Geelong player!

He continued, bear in mind, as a Tuggers’ fan, AFL are corrupt + FWIT, it’s taken decades for their equalisation strategy to finally manifest! He’s so PO’d the Top 4 are so close, then the next ladder positions are very close + it continues down the ladder.

Many varied opinions on our board regarding 2024 ladder.

1723370830369.png

What were they discussing?
Boot studs ‘apparently’ moulded or screw in ones.

Despite looking for any ‘boot studs’ reference in their posts, I missed them 🤷🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

Nevertheless, I’ve booked you + I into the mind reading course next week

😹 😹 😹

Unless we missed Cataholic + Bunnings studs posts

Boot studs ‘apparently’ moulded or screw in ones.

Despite looking for any ‘boot studs’ reference in their posts, I missed them 🤷🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

Nevertheless, I’ve booked you + I into the mind reading course next week

😹 😹 😹

Unless we missed Cataholic + Bunnings studs posts

Guilty as charged.

We didn't specifically refer to 'boot studs' but understood that was the meaning when we talked about 'boots'.

The question arose because we seemed to slip over regularly and our opponents less so, hence the question as to what boots (studs, size etc) we were wearing, and who selected them on game day.

Yes foxdog50

Three umpires ‘neglected’ to see

Yes, foxdog50 three umpires neglected to see Banfield’s elbow into Zuthrie’s head!

‘Perhaps’ Rodgers #37, another Geelong hating umpire, might have ‘ignored’ (???) the incident?

Purely, my speculation!

Why?

Because. . .our very fair + balanced cats_09 stated it occurred in front of her + even the replay failed to show Banfield’s elbow into Zuthrie’s head.

Still, Banfield was only fined 🙄

Surprisingly, Bottle Shop guy, Richmond fan, brought it up + said if the incident was reversed, it would be a week for a Geelong player!

He continued, bear in mind, as a Tuggers’ fan, AFL are corrupt + FWIT, it’s taken decades for their equalisation strategy to finally manifest! He’s so PO’d the Top 4 are so close, then the next ladder positions are very close + it continues down the ladder.

Many varied opinions on our board regarding 2024 ladder.

View attachment 2076466
We will wait to hear what the match review says

AFL website has nailed it . 9 things we learned over the round….. PRESSURE is the key to cats flag chances …… yes agree. Bring the intent of the last 5 quarters…. High pressure and fierce desire to tackle then we have a chance against anyone. If that drops off then season done pretty quickly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Freo showed Cats an area in which they need to improve
Slick Get Out of Jail handball and Tackle Slipping ability
Dockers raised their arms, took firm stance + core strength
Kept the ball in motion or broke free maintaining momentum
While Cats players dip the shoulder and hang on to the ball
Happy to gain a stoppage however often they lost possession

Frustrating to watch good teams continually break tackles
This was evident in the game Cats lost : Power Blues swans
If not addressed soon, It may likely end the Cats finals run.

If Hawkins did that its 2 weeks without fail. Protecting the head say the AFL but only if it results in concussion to protect us from the lawsuits.

Ridiculous they have a penalty category protecting face and head, yet the cervical spine can be purposely jabbed with an elbow and it's petty cash. Technically back of the head with C1-7 the most crucial. Impossible to tell how much brief pressure Banfield put on it, surreptitiously and in temper, the dog. Note to King: It was elbow, not forearm, a pointed difference! Unless the AFL want repeats of an act that can stop breathing, they need to wake up to themselves.

Would love a left footed Clark on our wing (sans shit attitude), gets the right amount of rebound and inside 50s, gets a lot of the ball and has pace to burn and gets the metres gained stat ticking over.

But his ball use can be lacking, had more of the ball than Holmes and yet if you had to pick one Holmes was significantly better than him. But then I wonder if the ball use is down to systems and coaching and that had Clark stayed at Geelong he would be a better version of what he does at Fremantle.
Yep, Clark is one that got away. I can tolerate a bad attitude if it comes with line breaking speed.

I can recall Clark being completely clueless defensively. His positioning and intent to attack a contest was non existent. I can’t say that about either Duncan or Holmes. They have a go even though it’s not their strong suit.

I agree but it is true the game has changed more towards accepting one way running seagulls off half back (you only have to watch zac fisher to see this). Clarks biggest issue is less his defensive work and more that hes an immature personality who clashed with other people a lot (not just scarlett). While his game has definitely gone up levels at freo i dont think his maturity has.

I agree but it is true the game has changed more towards accepting one way running seagulls off half back (you only have to watch zac fisher to see this). Clarks biggest issue is less his defensive work and more that hes an immature personality who clashed with other people a lot (not just scarlett). While his game has definitely gone up levels at freo i dont think his maturity has.

He was very showy, Jordan, with a few dashes along the wing that initially had us talking. A lot of young players want to do that and make their statement, but we needed more than that. Wasn't prepared to do the hard work, or wait in line. Even so we would have persevered, but he took off like a petulant school boy. Freo can have him.

Scarlett clashed with a few while there. Greatest defender of the modern era but a strange bloke.

Guilty as charged.

We didn't specifically refer to 'boot studs' but understood that was the meaning when we talked about 'boots'.

The question arose because we seemed to slip over regularly and our opponents less so, hence the question as to what boots (studs, size etc) we were wearing, and who selected them on game day.
So I was on the right track then

I'm almost positive long stops were banned after Quaynor suffered a gash to his shin a few years ago

Most manufacturers do different lengths of moulded plastic stops

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Cats sink Dockers by 11 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back