Review Cats sink Dockers by 11 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree to disagree then. I don't see how it could have been graded as anything other than intentional conduct + low impact + high contact = 1 week, and if it was us doing it that'd be the least I'd expect. Good thing for us that we're not dirty grubs, eh.
You can’t be serious- a fine is appropriate.
There was zero force in it and Guthrie barely noticed it, storm in a teacup😁

It was unsportsmanlike conduct
these niggles need to go,as they are gutless acts
If Zuthrie throws an elbow to get someone off his head he cops weeks
- afl has piss weak acts that are tolerated, and then suspends people for footy acts

I agree a suspension for that act is over the top, however, if you grade it appropriately as per the rules it should be a week. And I’m not uncomfortable with that as it was a stupid, weak act. What’s worse, is the umpires not in general play had a clear view of it (as shown on replay) yet don’t give a 50?

AFL website has nailed it . 9 things we learned over the round….. PRESSURE is the key to cats flag chances …… yes agree. Bring the intent of the last 5 quarters…. High pressure and fierce desire to tackle then we have a chance against anyone. If that drops off then season done pretty quickly.
I recall a couple of weeks back that you had declared Geelong's season over already.

Last edited by a moderator:
16 hitouts to advantage and Luke Jackson is no dud don't care what anyone says, awesome performance and will be a trump card if he can keep that up entering finals.
Stanley was huge. It's rare that I give one of our rucks votes but he was on my list Saturday.

Simple hit out stats don't mean much but he got so many to advantage (as you stated) and displayed a physical presence. It really did benefit our mids to have him in there. His stat line wasn't impressive at all but he did have 5 score involvements including a goal as well.

How good is it that we have integrated exciting players such as Dempsey, Mannagh and Humphries into the side this year? Neale is showing some good signs, as was Conway before injury. Bruhn, Bowes, O.Henry, SDK, Holmes and Stengle have been added to the best 22 over the last couple of seasons as well. Plenty of talent there.

The fact that we can still maintain our Dad's Army image while turning the list over like this is quite impressive.

So I was on the right track then

I'm almost positive long stops were banned after Quaynor suffered a gash to his shin a few years ago

Most manufacturers do different lengths of moulded plastic stops

I'm positive you're right, but therein is my question:

Do players individually select the length of their stops on the day, or are they told what stops to wear?

Is Gryan a chance for GOTY for that ridiculous snap?

Feel like he might be stiff because of the lack of camera angles for the kick. If there'd been one right behind the ball as it sailed through, it'd be so much more obvious how insane that goal was.
Nope Nick Daicos will get it. They're just waiting for him to kick it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s simpleton logic

To say it was solely down to Scarlett leaving would be simpleton logic but the assistants were well overdue for a shake up and there is a lot to be said about bringing in new ideas from outside. Balme back in the day to assist Bomber in the football department, Grigg/Kelly before 22, even King/Rahilly this year.

Is Gryan a chance for GOTY for that ridiculous snap?

Feel like he might be stiff because of the lack of camera angles for the kick. If there'd been one right behind the ball as it sailed through, it'd be so much more obvious how insane that goal was.
Been some great goals this year, any big name kicks it and it would be there abouts, but Krock and 3AW unbelievably didn't even give it goal of the day!

Gryan probably didn’t sell it enough

Any mro news from yesterday’s game?
Surely Banfield gets a week for the intentional elbow massage on Zuthries head.

Go Catters

Clarks drawback was his onewood pace (Born to Run) and Geelong weren't ready for him we were happy pressing up and deploying a treakle like movement out of defence as players retreated to the forward 50 to provide a target he was a square peg in a round hole.Would he fit at Geelong today my oath he would.This is one of my hilite goals in watching over 70 years of the Cats.

Clarks drawback was his onewood pace (Born to Run) and Geelong weren't ready for him we were happy pressing up and deploying a treakle like movement out of defence as players retreated to the forward 50 to provide a target he was a square peg in a round hole.Would he fit at Geelong today my oath he would.This is one of my hilite goals in watching over 70 years of the Cats.
Clarke and holmes in the one team would of been awesome.

Clarke and holmes in the one team would of been awesome.

Meh

Clarke would be 44 this year - I know we joke about Geelong being the retirement home but I think that's probably a bit too old

It was unsportsmanlike conduct
these niggles need to go,as they are gutless acts
If Zuthrie throws an elbow to get someone off his head he cops weeks
- afl has piss weak acts that are tolerated, and then suspends people for footy acts
It was unnecessary and unsportsman like - that's why he copped a fine.
If it was forceful of course he cops a suspension , I repeat but Guthrie barely noticed it and didn't react at all.

It was unnecessary and unsportsman like - that's why he copped a fine.
If it was forceful of course he cops a suspension , I repeat but Guthrie barely noticed it and didn't react at all.

The other thing that helped Banfield is that he didn't swing his elbow into Guthrie, which straight up removes the possible charge of striking because on it's own, elbowing isn't a classifiable offence

It wasn't a good look and it's definitely not something we want to see in our game, but under the current MRO & Tribunal rules, a fine is all he was going to get for that

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Cats sink Dockers by 11 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back