Review Cats sink Dockers by 11 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

There is no reason to use poor grammar, devices have a red dotted line under words that are wrong.

People just don’t care any more.

Whereas those who do care have some pleasure in their writing.

Completely agree.

Poor grammar and poor spelling are bug bears of mine.

I really have to bite my tongue at times and let it slide, but it curls my toes to do so.

Like you say, there are no excuses, but phonetic spelling seems to be the way for a lot of people.

Proper grammar and spelling seems to be going the way of cursive writing.

Agree YPO
I wouldn’t correct anyone*.
We are beings with varying gifts, talents + strengths. I love reading different perspectives + to learn in many ways.

I’ll add, language is important to me, as I studied Speech + Drama at Trinity College London.

*Except allrighty - we share a love of language + we have a laugh when we correct one another. Although, only once for me, in all the years I’ve known him 😉
We have actually had a thread here 2010 or 11 started by a Mod celebrating my lack of grasping of the English language.

Completely agree.

I really have to bite my tongue at times and let it slide, but it curls my toes to do so.

Like you say, there are no excuses, but phonetic spelling seems to be the way for a lot of people.

I do acknowledge Kitcat pointing out that some have learning difficulties.
Still, not all poor writing is due to that reason.
Google provides great access to learning correct grammar, spelling etc.
We always have chances to learn + improve. Also, intelligence isn’t a result of education.

As for cursive writing ♥️
Spent years perfecting Copperplate writing. We were taught a specific writing technique, which today identifies girls from our school. It’s quite delightful to see it + say - you went to Sacré Coeur - a sisterhood.

We have actually had a thread here 2010 or 11 started by a Mod celebrating my lack of grasping of the English language.
Well done 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻🤣🤣🤣

I would have ripped that Mod a new one, if I’d read it. Hate those who embarrass others, although you do appear amused by the thread dedicated to you 😉

I always enjoy your posts YPO. You have a fantastic footy brain.

What do critics expect of Neale? He’s played 16 AFL games and is 22. He’s starting to be more comfortable and clunk some big marks. He’s kicked 18 goals in 11 games this year and has 5 GA. I would say he’s developing nicely.
Add to that the consideration of a year not playing due to injury.

Neale is developing very well. Rapt by his improved big mark clunking 👏🏻

Just watched the replay and have to praise the commentary which was accurate, non partisan, and did not detract from the enjoyment of the game. ( for a change)
Yes, KROCK is great 😜

Add to that the consideration of a year not playing due to injury.

Neale is developing very well. Rapt by his improved big mark clunking 👏🏻

His athleticism is off the charts for a guy his size , plus he's still so young and inexperienced.
His positioning is improving so he's in the contest more now in those pack situations.
He becomes more of a target for us in 2025 so his opportunity will grow.
He's also very good on the lead and almost impossible to stop if he gets a run at it - I think he'd make a fantastic mobile CHF and perhaps we will see him and Jezza mix it up a bit next season.

Excited to see what sort of 1 : 2 punch he and Jezza can form in finals and next season :think:

Well done 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻🤣🤣🤣

I would have ripped that Mod a new one, if I’d read it. Hate those who embarrass others, although you do appear amused by the thread dedicated to you 😉

I always enjoy your posts YPO. You have a fantastic footy brain.
There was no malice a bit of fun.

Agree YPO
I wouldn’t correct anyone*.
We are beings with varying gifts, talents + strengths. I love reading different perspectives + to learn in many ways.

I’ll add, language is important to me, as I studied Speech + Drama at Trinity College London.

*Except allrighty - we share a love of language + we have a laugh when we correct one another. Although, only once for me, in all the years I’ve known him 😉
WTF? I've left most of your howlers on the field :mask:

Hope allrighty doesn’t this or his [sic] going to blow a gasket.

My absolute bête noir is too many people are unaware that the plural for there’s, is there are! Always write there’s too many stray cats, instead of there are too many stray cats.
Well I've learned summit else today Zouz Kitty . Thankyou for that, I''l remember that now and than use it.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The elbow is as dangerous as a knee.

There was a deliberate intent to inflict contact to the head and / or neck.

Neither that intent, or the action, has a place on the footy field, and if the AFL were fair dinkum about cleaning the game up, and you know, protecting the head, they'd adjudicate it more severely.

There's plenty of instances (off the footy field) where applied pressure to the head / neck has had a serious outcome.
Totally agree - and this is where a review of the MRO post season would be good to include elbowing as it's own classifiable category rather than it falling under striking

If Banfield was more deliberate with swinging of the arm into Guthrie's head, it's a striking action for sure

But he was just clumsy enough to make it more of a push which then introduces a grey area for classifying his action

Thus misconduct becomes the safer reporting option, because I could easily see a situation of a striking charge being challenged and him getting off due to legal jargon that his actions don't fit the definition of a striking motion

Add elbowing as a classifiable offence, and even with a careless charge it's one week on the sidelines because surely there's no arguing against him using his elbow for what he did
I’m torn between both valid points of view.
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/dockers-dirty-act-under-microscope-20240811-p5k1e7.html

Banfield had his arm under Zuthrie’s shoulder + deliberately moved his elbow to Zuthrie’s head. Not a slip, not a brain fade to me.

Consequently, if AFL were serious about protecting players’ heads, the penalty would be more severe. Further, AFL should add elbowing as a classifiable offence. As it stands, if challenged, the stronger charge would be dismissed as it’s not within the rules.

IMG_0147.png

IMG_0148.png

Completely agree.

We have a sub-club of three now Zouz Kitty - life is good.

The bolded is me too, but I know I can be a bit OCD on this at times.

I’m torn between both valid points of view.
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/dockers-dirty-act-under-microscope-20240811-p5k1e7.html

Banfield had his arm under Zuthrie’s shoulder + deliberately moved his elbow to Zuthrie’s head. Not a slip, not a brain fade to me.

Consequently, if AFL were serious about protecting players’ heads, the penalty would be more severe. Further, AFL should add elbowing as a classifiable offence. As it stands, if challenged, the stronger charge would be dismissed as it’s not within the rules.

View attachment 2077272

View attachment 2077273
SHocking should ask the question. That being WTFF?
I see that Close's direct opponent was in the votes 😉
Arguably Danger's was too.

Last edited:
If Curnow be gone for the season should Jezza apply to Stephen McBurney for Charlies remaining free kick quota this season?
Red Wine Ugh GIF by Married At First Sight

Surprised Stanley didn't get a vote

In good news, neither did Jackson - so there goes the theory of the opposition ruck being BOG when Stanley plays...

71 actually, oh you mean Jnr.

I was going with the more recent option

I never saw Clarke Snr play, but if he was the better player then I'm happy to really roll out the retirement village mantra

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Cats sink Dockers by 11 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back