Review Cats sink Dockers by 11 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Iā€™m torn between both valid points of view.
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/dockers-dirty-act-under-microscope-20240811-p5k1e7.html

Banfield had his arm under Zuthrieā€™s shoulder + deliberately moved his elbow to Zuthrieā€™s head. Not a slip, not a brain fade to me.

Consequently, if AFL were serious about protecting playersā€™ heads, the penalty would be more severe. Further, AFL should add elbowing as a classifiable offence. As it stands, if challenged, the stronger charge would be dismissed as itā€™s not within the rules.

View attachment 2077272

View attachment 2077273

cats_09 is right......under the current rules there's little else that can be done but slap Banfield with a piffling fine.

However, like Cats_09 also said, the elbow needs to be written into the rule book and punish grub acts like this harshly. Such actions simply can't be, shouldn't be, condoned. It needs to be eradicated quickly.

Completely agree.

Poor grammar and poor spelling are bug bears of mine.

I really have to bite my tongue at times and let it slide, but it curls my toes to do so.

Like you say, there are no excuses, but phonetic spelling seems to be the way for a lot of people.

Proper grammar and spelling seems to be going the way of cursive writing.
There actually are plenty of excuses. Some of them are even valid.

Not worth stressing about though, it just seems like pissing into the wind to me.

There actually are plenty of excuses. Some of them are even valid.

Not worth stressing about though, it just seems like pissing into the wind to me.

There are some valid reasons, yes.

But not enough to explain the widespread inability to speak and spell properly, or the poor literacy rates in our schools as Mattlock referenced above.

And yes, whilst a personal bugbear, it's not a crusade, which we've made clear I believe.

There are some valid reasons, yes.

But not enough to explain the widespread inability to speak and spell properly, or the poor literacy rates in our schools as Mattlock referenced above.

And yes, whilst a personal bugbear, it's not a crusade, which we've made clear I believe.
Oz is ranked 34 in the 36 top OECD countries for education standards despite ... etc etc. We should move on from this discussion before Daz wakes up and cracks it :rolleyes:

Been some great goals this year, any big name kicks it and it would be there abouts, but Krock and 3AW unbelievably didn't even give it goal of the day!

Gryan probably didnā€™t sell it enough

Just a heads up. We don't select Goal of the Day - it's actually done by the panel operator back in the studio.

Some of you would go insane working in the school system now.

I'm a secondary school teacher and literacy (spelling and grammar) are scarily low and it's really hard to teach, among other reasons.

Thank **** I resigned though šŸ˜Ž
Oh so its like being on Carlton Twitter atm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope allrighty doesnā€™t this or his [sic] going to blow a gasket.

My absolute bĆŖte noir is too many people are unaware that the plural for thereā€™s, is there are! Always write thereā€™s too many stray cats, instead of there are too many stray cats.
Sadly even basic punctuation is diminishing.
Let alone understanding proper use of :-
Colons, Apostrophes, Hyphens, Tilde ;) etc.

My absolute bĆŖte noir on this Cats Forum is
Reply's with pronouns rather than using a name
Each post should be understood; Stand Alone
Instead needing to link back from He to find Who

Guilty of using brief Bullet Points needing inference
In defence of breaking conventional grammar rules
I'm claiming Poetic License

What do critics expect of Neale? Heā€™s played 16 AFL games and is 22. Heā€™s starting to be more comfortable and clunk some big marks. Heā€™s kicked 18 goals in 11 games this year and has 5 GA. I would say heā€™s developing nicely.
AFL level is way more physical than VFL
Still needs to use his strength to advantage
It's not just about him taking pack marks
Also must prevent opposition intercepting.
Once Neale learns body use, he will be a beast

Really illustrates in my eyes at least, just how valuable a quality key forward is. We are witnessing it with Hawkins and hoping to hell Neale works out but guys like Hawkins & Cameron are generational. You can get lucky like Collingwood with no forward but it is not sustainable.

Cats should try and throw the kitchen sink at Lukosius. An aerobic big man similar to Cameron who just needs a new environment to hit his straps.
Have a horrible feeling we gonna regret not taking Caddy

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk

Have a horrible feeling we gonna regret not taking Caddy

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk
Why? Knowing Ess they will **** up his development at the very least or he will request a trade

COS will be a good player and is an actual need down back for the next 10 years, Caddy is just looking good because he is getting more game time atm.

Why? Knowing Ess they will **** up his development at the very least or he will request a trade

COS will be a good player and is an actual need down back for the next 10 years, Caddy is just looking good because he is getting more game time atm.

agreed - COS looks very good at VFL level and is developing nicely IMO.

You can see her reads the play very well, goes when he needs to and is very well skilled.

But he's been given the time to learn. Caddy is doing great too and we got Mitch Edwards who could be anything as well.

GO CAtters

agreed - COS looks very good at VFL level and is developing nicely IMO.

You can see her reads the play very well, goes when he needs to and is very well skilled.

But he's been given the time to learn. Caddy is doing great too and we got Mitch Edwards who could be anything as well.

GO CAtters
Tracking Curtain, C'OS and Caddy will be an enjoyable watch if going on what each are showing depending on each clubs development path.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Cats sink Dockers by 11 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back