2nds Centrals vs Port Adelaide - Round 10 @ Elizabeth

Remove this Banner Ad

In the dying minutes Sam Hayes takes a mark then casually turns around and kicks backward 30 metres to Miles Bergman in the defensive 50. Bergman then proceeds to kick a mongrel kick straight to a Centrals player. Where in God's name is the sense in any of that? Hayes would have been better placed to kick it 50 metres to a Central player on the edge of our attacking 50.

Crazy stuff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty useless point one guy is being groomed as a number 1 ruck, the other is a forward/chop out.
I know you have a hard on for Hayes but the reason he's in the seconds is that he is very limited around the ground and his one goal in the last 30 games talks to that. Do you think if he was an option up forward that he wouldnt have been rested up there occasionally and kicked a few goals? And it's hardly as if he's been a force dropping into the hole to take those defensive marks

I know you have a hard on for Hayes but the reason he's in the seconds is that he is very limited around the ground and his one goal in the last 30 games talks to that. Do you think if he was an option up forward that he wouldnt have been rested up there occasionally and kicked a few goals? And it's hardly as if he's been a force dropping into the hole to take those defensive marks
I want Hayes to excel but he’s not contesting hard enough in marking contests around the ground. Mind you Lycett doesn’t either.

Wrong I have a hard on for quality tap work, aside from Ryder at his best we've had lousy tap ruckmen who supposedly make up for it with follow up work for years & they've all been garbage. I don't give a flying fukc about Sam taking time to develop around the ground.

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds Centrals vs Port Adelaide - Round 10 @ Elizabeth

Remove this Banner Ad

Back