Changes against Geelong.

Remove this Banner Ad

i wouldnt mind seeing cox get a rest and seaby get a go as main ruckman. he just cant get into it when stuck as second stringer.

Cox is obviously injured, but if Seaby couldn't step up tonight can he ever ? Lynch was doing at least half of the rucking in the second half that I could see.

Hunter is a glory hog. Twice tonight I saw him go for a spectacular pack mark when he could've kept his man out of the contest and Cox/Staker would've had easy uncontested marks deep in the forward line. Net result 2 WC players up 1 Essendon and the ball comes to ground the other Essendon player swoops on it and it's gone.

Hunter's 'glory hogging' damn nearly got us back into the game !

If he'd been able to kick better - and that failure is because of the injury he's still carrying - we'd have been in with a sniff.

I'm glad to see him back.

I have changed my ins watching the highlights of the game and in particular Darren Glasses efforts.

Ins:
Kennedy (if fit), McKinley (if fit), Waters, Kerr

Outs:
Seaby, Staker, Houlihan, Glass (Injured)

i wouldn't mind 2 weeks without footy to get some guys back.

from about round 9 last year onwards, it seems that for every guy we get back on the paddock we either lose two players, or we lose a better player....

this is just so so frustrating.

In some ways it is, but really, the moment finals became unlikely, every injury is a coin with two sides- better it happen this year than in a season where it could cruel a run at a flag. We've probably lost two games thanks to injuries this year, and in the long run I suspect that will be the difference between a top 5 pick and a spot in the 10th-13th zone of useless finishes.

With subi fixtures against both us and Freo, I suspect Melbourne have a lock on the wooden spoon, which is really the only thing left for us to worry about avoiding.

Other than that, it becomes a three way competition for pick order between us, Freo and Essendon

IN: Kerr Waters Gibson/McKenzie Fletcher Braun
OUT: Davis Cox Staker Glass Timmeh

Timmeh and Radar can do with a week off. As can Cox and Glass.

Thought Davis was ok, I'd keep him in. Houlihan was pretty good

McNamara has earnt his spot too

Wilkes has locked himself in hasn't he?

thought davis was good and i would like to see houlhan kept in the side played well
Davis, Houlihan and McNamara were fantastic tonight!

OUTS- Seaby, Glass, Schofield, Staker, Stenglein.

INs- Kerr, Waters, Hansen, Hurn, Braun.

Seaby: Did nothing will only keep his spot if Cox cant Play.
Glass: Injuried and needs a rest.
Schofield: Made a couple of error's tonight but expected Nico played better so with Hurn and Waters available someone has to go!
Staker: Started of OK but his 2nd efforts were none existant.
Stenglein: Match ups and hes down on form a bit give him a rest.

Also Possible, Bones: injury, Ebert: More experianced player, Masten: dido,
Priddis: Was out of touch tonight but pick up there best tagger, Cox: may be injuried.

Possible Inclusions: Spangher, Scooter, Fletcher, Graham, Kennedy McKenzie, Thomson and Mckinley.

as I see It
FB: Waters, Wilkes, Nico
HB: Hurn, Hunter, Bones
C:Houlihan, Selwood, Braun
HF: Embley, Hansen, Ebert
FF: Lecras, Lynch, Wirra
RR: Cox, Kerr, Priddis
INT: Masten, Davis, Butler, McNamara.:cool:

IN: Kerr Waters Gibson/McKenzie Fletcher Braun
OUT: Davis Cox Staker Glass Timmeh

Timmeh and Radar can do with a week off. As can Cox and Glass.

What about Kennedy and Bennymac Embers? Bmac might be a stretch but Kennedy is definately back in.

Would love to see Gibson get a game especially with Glass out. Could really use his guns.

What about Kennedy and Bennymac Embers? Bmac might be a stretch but Kennedy is definately back in.

Would love to see Gibson get a game especially with Glass out. Could really use his guns.

If Kenendy plays this week ill send my shaved pubes to him in a envelope. No chance.

B-Mac is a 50/50 call but personally I wanna see us shorten up a hell of alot and just throw alot of midfielders in. I got a feeling Fletcher wont get up for this week so throw in B-Mac for him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cox and Glass out possibly? I'd like to see them have a rest and get themselves right, what's there to lose? It's been a bit weird watching them play the last few weeks, you can just tell they're injured.

Waters and Hansen might get a call up. Waters was only out for 2 weeks yeah? :confused:

conceding defeat already? we should hve our fittest side next week bar rosa and hurn

His injury was only listed as 2 weeks.

Those are West Coast weeks. I believe the official equation is

Weeks x Suma comments divided by Lachy Reid exclusives = when he will return

So atm its 2 x 3 / 2 = Hes got atleast one more week left

Braun, Fletcher, Armstrong, Waters, Kerr and Hansen all played in the 06 GF and are out of the side.

Kennedy, Hurn, Mckinley and Rosa didn't, but are also out of the side and are arguably all best 22 players.

S Selwood, C Jones and Spangher have also all played this year.

Injuries permitting, I reckon we'll make a bunch of changes this week. I just want to see Kennedy, LeCras and Mckinley in the one forward line.

conceding defeat already? we should hve our fittest side next week bar rosa and hurn

pretty sure, they are struggling with their injury at the moment and if you want our "fittest" side out there, those 2 aren't looking very 'fit' hence my comment. I'm just saying it's a possibility.

In: Kerr, Hansen, Waters, Fletcher, Braun

Out: Staker, Seaby, Ravis, Houlihan, Schofield

Doubt the Fridge and Mckinley will be right this week...If Staker gets another game i will be fuming...he has been terrible.

If Fletch or Brauny dont come good for the game keep Ravis in...the kid puts his body on the line and is starting to find the footy quite a bit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes against Geelong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back