Prediction Changes and pre match discussion vs Brisbane Lions R23.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lol - I reckon we're going to win this one now.

What does the team do if we win and somehow finish 8th? They've already sent our senior guys off to surgery? They've pretty much conceded it before we've got on the plane.

Lol - I reckon we're going to win this one now.

What does the team do if we win and somehow finish 8th? They've already sent our senior guys off to surgery? They've pretty much conceded it before we've got on the plane.
Well, considering we were playing better with them out it may actually be a godsend if it were to occur.

And there goes the line the season was on.

Oh well, we need a few good picks in the trade. Have we on traded our first pick this year?

Actually now hoping we finish below Freo to get the pick just before them.

Possible that Bulldogs win on Friday and Sydney somehow lose just before the game to leave Brisbane with absolutely nothing to play for. You never know with R23.

Either way now, the kids give it a crack against a top four team, fall short and get us some good picks, or they pull off a minor miracle, get us back in the eight and get some good confidence and experience. Win-win.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just play west in the ******* middle all game...

They won't do that, the MC will look like fools if he keeps getting the ball out to the outside mids at centre bounces. He will play HF or wing, totally out of position again.
Only one more week and the Falcons get him back again for the finals.

They won't do that, the MC will look like fools if he keeps getting the ball out to the outside mids at centre bounces. He will play HF or wing, totally out of position again.
Only one more week and the Falcons get him back again for the finals.
Do You honestly think the MC would not play West in the middle in case he makes them look bad?

Not a chance.

Was tongue in cheek mate, but i think they feel they have better options. Haven't played him there yet? why not? Not even for 1 centre bounce?

He started at about half a dozen centre bounces in his debut match

Good to see we are back to a quarter of our starting 22 out injured, common factor this year.
Looking at teams in top 8 pretty much all are missing 2-3 starting 22 with at least 1 or 2 at test status.
Only real outlier is GWS who have done tremendously well and surprised with there performances. missing 5-6 ATM but 2-3 at test status.
Geelong with 4-5 out but 3 at test this week.

I know injuries aren't the be all and end all, look at GWS, but having a consistent run with 3-4 starting 22 out every week must have an effect on stability and consistency to a fair degree.

Good to see we are back to a quarter of our starting 22 out injured, common factor this year.
Looking at teams in top 8 pretty much all are missing 2-3 starting 22 with at least 1 or 2 at test status.
Only real outlier is GWS who have done tremendously well and surprised with there performances. missing 5-6 ATM but 2-3 at test status.
Geelong with 4-5 out but 3 at test this week.

I know injuries aren't the be all and end all, look at GWS, but having a consistent run with 3-4 starting 22 out every week must have an effect on stability and consistency to a fair degree.

GWS also have a squad of first rounders which makes things easier.

Thanks Christ for Covid.

Had organised a boys trip to see this match at start of year and now we don't need to suffer going to the game and we get full refunds on everything booked apart from Qantas tickets (made it so hard we just took credits).

:)

Then you look at Carlton and they currently have over half of there 1st squad out for the season with at least half a dozen who have been for a while now and it's all the coaches fault they are not winning so time to get rid of him.

GWS also have a squad of first rounders which makes things easier.
True enough.

Our first round selections are pretty limited, and with few exceptions are usually later first round anyway.
I've probably missed one or two but...

NicNat - pick 2
Gaff - pick 4ish
JK - not ours
Shep - pick 7
Shuey - pick 18
Duggan - pick 11
Sheed - pick 11
Brander - pick 13

That makes Shep our last top 10 pick and if you take out the over 30s, we can count our selections on one hand, with none being top 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back