Prediction Changes and pre match discussion vs Brisbane Lions R23.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
IN: Willie

After the last 7 weeks debacle, this simply cannot happen.

The club now more than ever needs to show that earning your dues gets rewarded and standards will not be compromised.

Love Rioli (nearly said Willie but caught myself), but blokes like Waterman, Rotham (who should have played against Freo), Brandner etc need to have first call on spots.

If you’re insisting on resting NicNat then yes.

I don’t know why we’d bother doing that though, what are we resting him for? Finals?

We have to get him to the end of the year because who flipping knows… its worked out so well for us so we have to keep doing it… season on the line and he was still getting rested in the last quarter when we needed him for some supposed magical burst.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

So where tanking ?
I just wouldn't be risking natanui in a dead rubber .
Remember Scott selwwod

Did Selwood get injured in a dead rubber?

I thought he did his ankle early in the season and then compounded it by not telling the medicos for weeks.

We have to get him to the end of the year because who flipping knows… its worked out so well for us so we have to keep doing it… season on the line and he was still getting rested in the last quarter when we needed him for some supposed magical burst.

Dunno how much time he was off in the last (it didn’t seem like long) but he was on the ground for 75% of the game, his equal second highest of the season.

The club now more than ever needs to show that earning your dues gets rewarded and standards will not be compromised.

Love Rioli (nearly said Willie but caught myself), but blokes like Waterman, Rotham (who should have played against Freo), Brandner etc need to have first call on spots.

He's been training - so who's to say he hasn't earnt his dues?

Rotham would want to have had a blinder on the weekend - as he was absolutely terrible at AFL level for about 4-weeks prior to getting dropped (I think he is definitely an AFL player, but just had a huge form drop and had to go out of the side sadly).

He's been training - so who's to say he hasn't earnt his dues?

Rotham would want to have had a blinder on the weekend - as he was absolutely terrible at AFL level for about 4-weeks prior to getting dropped (I think he is definitely an AFL player, but just had a huge form drop and had to go out of the side sadly).

Personally I don’t see how Rotham, a defender who’s not going to be picked anywhere else, can complain if Rioli is picked to play in a forward pocket. He’s not taking a spot away from Rotham. Or Brander.

Waterman or Jones might have an argument.

Disagree, once he has done his return the media spotlight drops off him significantly as their story arc is complete, we need to get this done and dusted so they can move on to the next story and he can move on without Lachy Reid chasing him around town all summer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did Selwood get injured in a dead rubber?

I thought he did his ankle early in the season and then compounded it by not telling the medicos for weeks.
They bought selwood back for his first game after recovering from an ankle in the last game of the season vs Brisbane.
Games didn't go our way and we were out of the finals .
They still played him and he did the same ankle again requiring surgery and he missed the whole pre season

People thought at the time we should of pulled him out as it was a dead rubber

They bought selwood back for his first game after recovering from an ankle in the last game of the season vs Brisbane.
Games didn't go our way and we were out of the finals .
They still played him and he did the same ankle again requiring surgery and he missed the whole pre season

People thought at the time we should of pulled him out as it was a dead rubber
ah, I’d forgotten that last bit.

Still, that’s needlessly bringing a guy back from a lengthy injury lay-off in a dead rubber. As opposed to playing a guy who’s played every game this year, and doesn’t noticeably appear to be carrying anything, in a dead rubber.

I'm oddly confident we'll put on a good showing. Even win.

This team seems to do all it can to piss off the fans, so I expect a good win to leave us with a whole lot of momentum to take into our 9th place finish.

This team seems to do all it can to piss off the fans, so I expect a good win to leave us with a whole lot of momentum to take into our 9th place finish.
We'll most likely finish 9th regardless of result, may as well win.

- Bulldogs beat Port, locking up the top 4
- Collingwood beats Essendon, leaving the door ajar for a Saturday night hijacking
- Eagles lose after Polkinghorne kicks a goal from 90m out
Before or after Mitch Brown gives away a free kick in the D50 in the dying seconds of the game?

- Bulldogs beat Port, locking up the top 4
- Collingwood beats Essendon, leaving the door ajar for a Saturday night hijacking
- Eagles lose after Polkinghorne kicks a goal from 90m out
It would be more fitting if we miss on percentage so we can have the annual discussion on percentage costing us again, then do nothing about it again next year. It just feels like the right thing to do.

It would be very on-brand for us to do this. Then we can lament our ironic ambivalence to percentage, as "the goal is to make the finals".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back