Preview Changes and pre match discussion vs Hawthorn in last round of 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I know it’s a long shot but how farking funny would it be if we beat the Hawks. All this talk about them being exciting to watch and whoa they might win a premiership. Faaarrrkk them and stop their season this weekend. A massive finger to the most slappable head in Mitchel. That would wipe that smart arse look on his face. Come on North, just win.
Would be huge and a big momentum boost heading into next year for us

At the very least we better play tough footy I want those hawks boys sore heading into finals

I Dont Think So No Way GIF
Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

I know it’s a long shot but how farking funny would it be if we beat the Hawks. All this talk about them being exciting to watch and whoa they might win a premiership. Faaarrrkk them and stop their season this weekend. A massive finger to the most slappable head in Mitchel. That would wipe that smart arse look on his face. Come on North, just win.

We’ve already checked out and 95% of the list is absolutely cooked

Few of the boys would be booking their post season holidays, Instagram selfies and relaxing after a really tough season with all their wins 😒🙄

So based on the AFL article there would have to be points differential of around 75 points between the two games and Tigers beat GC for us to end up with the spoon. I don't think Tigers win given how much GC talk about wanting to play on the MCG and I'm hoping we don't lose by that kind of margin.

I wonder if they can pick Drury, Hansen Junior & Harvey in the same AFL team?
Guessing they have made a decision now on whether we keep Hansen Jnr.

What an interesting forward line if all 3 were in the team (and I don't mean a good one), I'd assume Paul Curtis would need to miss for Harvey to be any chance at all.

Training trot for hawks with no Sheezel again v kangas witches hats
Hawks will give a demonstration to all kangas fans and officials how u replenish a list

Training trot for hawks with no Sheezel again v kangas witches hats
Hawks will give a demonstration to all kangas fans and officials how u replenish a list
Outside of like 2 people they’ll be giving a lesson to people who weren’t there for most of the replenishing mistakes.

Those two who were there also weren’t there for some of it.

In fact someone in the Hawks recruitment team was actually with us while we were in phases of making some mistakes.

Make of that what you will.

Last edited:
If that was to happen … Phillips - 1 vote.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you sir are a complete knobend. It's a meaningless round, there are injuries to cover, VFL form to be rewarded, and kids to be given opportunities. But by all means, pull on the boots yourself and go have a run around the block.
Yep, enough crap in one weekend to join the ignore list. Adding nothing good to the BF conversation

OUT: Comben inj Bergman inj Stephens
IN: Phillips Greenwood Lazzaro

Bring in Hugh and Lazz for farewell games. But all of a sudden no Logue, Comben, Bergman, Sheezel, Duursma and we look shithouse. The list is just awful.

B: Corr McDonald Archer
HB: Fisher Dawson Powell
C: McKercher LDU Scott
HF: Ford Teakle Simpkin
F: Curtis Larkey Zurhaar
R: Xerri Wardlaw Phillips
I: Shiels Tucker Greenwood Lazzaro
S: Hansen Jr

Bring in Hugh and Lazz for farewell games. But all of a sudden no Logue, Comben, Bergman, Sheezel, Duursma and we look shithouse. The list is just awful.

I think anybody getting an unexpected call up for this weekend's game will quickly put 2 + 2 together. If that's Lazz or Curtis for instance, they'll work it out. well, Lazz would anyway.

Greenwood will not play . He officially retired after his vfl game last weekend.

So l would bring in Maley for a game instead of Greenwood. Have Lazzaro as sub instead of RHJ..

I think anybody getting an unexpected call up for this weekend's game will quickly put 2 + 2 together. If that's Lazz or Curtis for instance, they'll work it out. well, Lazz would anyway.
Lazzaro deserves a fair well game. Taylor isn’t fit but it’s obvious hes finished at North.
^needs more Finnbar

Give us something to be excited about this week
Maley may get a debut with Larkey hobbling. I hope Larkey plays but if he gets up and is declared fit 6 days out from Sundays game, that’s a fair effort.
Greenwood will not play . He officially retired after his vfl game last weekend.

So l would bring in Maley for a game instead of Greenwood. Have Lazzaro as sub instead of RHJ..
With Sheezel, Bergman, Durrsma all ruled out there’s a place for him in the side. I know he was clapped off the ground Saturday but he deserves a farewell game in the seniors if he wants it.

How much can Finnbar's rawness affect things when none of our best 23 forwards know how to lead at the ball anyway, aside from Larkey about 40% of the time? Got nothing to lose. Chuck him in there and let him do what he wants.

Chuck in Lazz while at it too. We need blokes who can run. Drury likes to run too, albeit not as fast as he should. Having enough willing two-way runners might genuinely be the difference between a ten goal loss and a 100 belting here. And that difference matters imo

We must bring another tall defender in to replace Comben. Either Pink or Dawson, preferrably Dawson but I am not sure how he's been going lately.

Out: Comben, Bergman
In: Will Dawson, Phillips

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes and pre match discussion vs Hawthorn in last round of 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back