Changes for Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Any chance we can all just cool our heels a bit, rather than be reactionary?

It's bad enough as it is with Bock set to miss again, Dangerfield gone for the season and now Burton in some doubt, we really need to wait until the end of the SANFL round before passing judgement on which underperforming players receive a spell.

mmmm. If Burton is out that makes it easy for Mackay to come back.

I feel we need another backman.

Whoever has a better game out of Young or Davis in for Walker
With Stevens (or Davis if selected) to go forward

Yes, I do want Walker but I feel we need another back incase someone is being beaten. (the crap I said recently was just trying to get under Drummond's skin, but I CBF to keep saying crap delibrately for now)

Or maybe out Otten for his rest. Been beaten recently. I think opposition coaches are starting to figure out how to take advantage of him in (our) defence.

So, in Mackay Davis/Young
Out Burton, Walker/Otten

EDIT:
read Drummond's last post. I forgot about Douglas as well

In Mackay, Davis/Young
Out Burton, Douglas

From what I saw tonight of the Collingwood supporters

Out: Brains, Common sense
In: Mullets, Duffle coats

If Bock doesn't return, we could consider Sellar at CHB & recall Griffin as the 2nd ruckman, which allows us to start Stevens forward/spare swingman needed to cover Buddy/Roughie.

Otten, has been down for a few weeks. Doesn't look 100% at the moment & may be worth resting & giving someone like Davis a go.

Didn't think Danger had been ruled out for next week yet?

Hopefully Mackay returns as we miss his drive off a wing, particularly with his replacement Martin out for the season.

I would love to see Will Young get a game this year but he won't, he’ll be lucky to scrape into the emergency list. If there's one criticism I have is that despite the fact we proclaim we don't place limitations on first year players, we do. Young is probably a bit raw though and sending him to the AFL might set him back when his development is going beautifully in the SANFL. He’s getting better by the week and is growing in confidence.

I actually don’t think he would be out of his depth in the AFL; he’s physically extremely strong and due to his ability to play on talls and smalls he could find a suitable match-up on someone. Perhaps he’s even more ready than Davis in that respect but Davis probably has the smarts and poise to be able to step up to the level.

Walker will surely get another week, he has to, dropping him would further damage his confidence. Give him another week please Craigy.

In: Mackay
Out: Burton

Massive amount of class, poise and skill comes in with the return of Mackay. Hopefully Burton will get up but even if it’s touch and go rest him, last thing we need is him suffering an injury setback. Bock won’t be fit to play, neither will Dangerfield. I still think Otten needs a rest as his form has really tapered off. I want to see Petrenko again, even my man Myke Cook. ;) Nah Cooky's done for the year in terms of AFL but will be quality. :thumbsu:

Walker will surely get another week, he has to, dropping him would further damage his confidence. Give him another week please Craigy.

Of course he has to, not only is there no one to come in for him with Gill, McKernan, Dangerfield and Hentschel in the medical room, Burton is probably heading out next week as well.

In: Mackay, Bock, Dangerfield (if fit)
Out: Burton (inj), Douglas, Walker (if Danger fit, if not Tex will stay)

Bock is still gone another week, and the word around the ground today was that Dangerfield has a fractured vertebrae, and will be lucky to make it back at all this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Walker is probably the exception.

Yeah well hearing the morons ringing up bagging him pissed me off, I wish those people had a clue about football and went and look back at some of Tippett's stats from last year and then maybe they would understand that Walker, just like with Tippett last year just needs season or two of game time invested in him and for him to mature and improve as a player.

As for who should be dropped and brought in, is it time to drop Sellar and bring in Griff ??? Last night I saw again that Sellar has the speed and mobility of a dinosaur, it seems like he is not going to be able to play any other position besides the ruck, but being about 5 cms too short is a huge problem.

Douggie to make way for McKay and if Bock is out again next week is it time for Davis to come to play down back ???

Douglas has to go out, not up to AFL standard was glaringly obvious tonight. Shirley and Stevens are lucky there is nooone pushing up that hard cause otherwise they'd be out.

Shirley did a fairly good job on swann in the first half but he gave it to us in the 2nd half and shirley continued to butcher the ball. Now if anyone wants to argue re: stevens, watch the replay his decision making/ execution tonight was shocking, at the end the kick to otten was a great example, there are others.

How bad is Burton? we missed him when he went down.

Out: Douglas, Burton

In: Mckay, Davis

this board really is annoying after a loss isnt it.

We lose and everyone is crap, theres 15 outs for the next week and half our players arent up to AFL standard, we win and those same fans who are just waiting to slag off players are now so eager to revel in the glory.

we lost coz we kicked like sh#t. even a 10% increase in scoring efficiency would have us locked into top 3 spot. all the zones, plays, rotations, dont mean anything when we kick 5-6 points in a row, especially easy shots.

We need some defensive pressure in our F50, so Petrenko in (unless there is anyone else who can play this role?). Mark his game base on how many tackles he gets, and how many turnovers his pressure causes. He takes Burton's place up forward.

Mackay in for Douglas.

We need another key defender for Hawthorn. Stevens will probably play loose man, Rutten will take Roughead, so Will Young in for his first game to mark Buddy Franklin. Otten doesn't quite have the same zip about him atm, time for a 1-2 week break?

Petrenko, Mackay and Young in for Burton (inj), Douglas and Otten.

It’s not going to happen but i would look at Doughty. 2 weeks in a row he was played on the half back flank and put in a poor performance. Last week against Geelong he was schooled by Paul Chapman and then last night Alan Didak ran a muck across the half forward flank.

If they want to play Doughty on a half back flank, and implement rules along the lines of defensive pressure – everyone has to be held accountable for this and he hasn’t been for the last 2 weeks.

Danger sounds like he may be out for the season with a small bone fracture in his back, Last night Nathan Bock was still in his moon boot – 6 days out from the game doesn’t sound like he will be ready. Hentschel is still a long way of and i cannot see any other kid getting the call up.

Out: Burton
In: MacKay.

Only change i can see occurring will be David MacKay in for Brett Burton.

But he cant kick, and with the damage turnovers can create, last night a perfect example, I doubt he will get another game.

Yeah last night and the last 5 year have shown that poor foot skills are not an issue if you have the endurance of a marathon runner.

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes for Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back