Preview Changes for Round 10 vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

You reckon we're already into 'playing the kids'?

Jesus, that was quick.

Should we send players for surgery and starting tanking for picks while we're at it?
You can introduce kids and still be competetive. Look at Geelong. They've debuted nearly the most amount of players over the last couple of years and are still a dominant team.

Players on our list yet to debut

Carter
Colledge
McInness
Wilson

Aside from Wilson none of this group are pressing for selection

Our list has been reasonably stable over the last few years - you could argue that we havent turned over our list nearly enough but apart from missing a couple of quality mids our list is decent

I'm not saying only play debutantes, but that is pretty much the only stat available to show anything like that. I'd rather get games into Smith, Wilson and Hutchings than Embley, Selwood and McGinnity (ignoring the other younger players who are returning from injury and not available for selection). If Newman was fit, I'd probably put him straight in for an extended run.

I'm not saying only play debutantes, but that is pretty much the only stat available to show anything like that. I'd rather get games into Smith, Wilson and Hutchings than Embley, Selwood and McGinnity (ignoring the other younger players who are returning from injury and not available for selection). If Newman was fit, I'd probably put him straight in for an extended run.

Also Dick and Morton are yet to debut for the Eagles. Not saying bring Morton in but he is improving.

why is everyone so quick to jump at embley's inclusion? he is a norm smith medallist. i don't think he is finished yet, he really adds some run and is good going inside 50. however selwood has looked slow and hasn't shown much this year. i think the only way selwood can stay in this team is if he goes back to his tagging role, where his only task is to shut another teams gun midfielder down.

why is everyone so quick to jump at embley's inclusion? he is a norm smith medallist. i don't think he is finished yet, he really adds some run and is good going inside 50. however selwood has looked slow and hasn't shown much this year. i think the only way selwood can stay in this team is if he goes back to his tagging role, where his only task is to shut another teams gun midfielder down.

...Geez, that excuse has got tiring over the last 7 years.

The sky is falling in, the ski is falling in, the sky is falling in.....

what a serious overreaction on this board. Will be one change at most. Ash Smith cannot play. This is shown every time he gets a game. He is not up to it. There should be no free rides for blokes that can't play and aren't tearing it up in the WAFL.

what a serious overreaction on this board. Will be one change at most. Ash Smith cannot play. This is shown every time he gets a game. He is not up to it. There should be no free rides for blokes that can't play and aren't tearing it up in the WAFL.

No ones acting like the sky is falling in, we just expected the match committee to have SOME sense for a change. Why even bother adding McGinnity, Selwood and Embley to the ins list?

Oh and the bolded comment is incredibly hypocritcal for the ins we have.

You're the one over reacting.

Ash Smith had a better game than McGinnity and Embley on the weekend.

I have believe in the merit of letting him find some form and consistency in the WAFL because it's worked for him in the past. I don't have any faith in bringing in any of those three on their current form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No ones acting like the sky is falling in, we just expected the match committee to have SOME sense for a change. Why even bother adding McGinnity, Selwood and Embley to the ins list?

Oh and the bolded comment is incredibly hypocritcal for the ins we have.

Because they are next in line for a game. I would take any of those three before Smith, Wilson or Morton.

However, I can't see McGinnity or Selwood getting a game anyway so it's a moot point.

Embley (sub) for Dalziell is an upgrade.

Bloke was the sole reason we last years final final v Collingwood.

He physically put the nail in the coffin and extinguished us pressing for the win. Killed our momentum. His Glory years were 7-8 years ago.

Because he was CRAP for Swans last week. Trust me, I had to endure the torture that him and 15 of his team mates tormented me with.

Who has received a golden pass in the last few years?
To varying degrees, Selwood, Embley, McGinnity and Priddis have retained their status as being in the mix for selection or holding down important roles despite their limited scope for improvement and lack of game breaking ability.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes for Round 10 vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Back