Unofficial Preview Changes for Round 5 v Port Adelaide @ AAMI Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

I dunno, I think Port is still a winnable game tho we play AAMi like horse shit
have you been watching any football in 2013? We may lose by over 50 points. A conservative estimate at this point is Port to win by 33 points. Port are back in town - doing a 2011 Eagles.

Out Schofield - sick of him being a lair. He has no idea of his role, Hams - plays for himself and not up to it, Hill - not enough effort in the contests, A Selwood- his time is up.

In Don't care. Anyone

have you been watching any football in 2013? We may lose by over 50 points. A conservative estimate at this point is Port to win by 33 points. Port are back in town - doing a 2011 Eagles.

They've played GC, GWS, Melbourne and Adelaide, who they're always good against.

They're better but let's not get ahead of ourselves

Agree on all points (although I do see our toothless midfield as the central problem), backline has no rebounding strength at all this year. And I'm very much looking forward to Stevenson pinpointing passes against us next week. I also fear Hurn may never realize his potential here, 1 good game every 6 is unacceptable. At least he would make great trade bait at the years end, but boy did we make a mistake taking him ahead of Birchall (the exact player we need, too bad we let go Stevenson for nothing).

And is Gaff's reduced output possibly a follow on effect of our roving midfielders being completely unable to move the ball from congestion with anything resembling class. I suspect if he were playing for Collingwood, he'd be on the end of far more productive chains of play, and be exerting far more influence on the game. He's not an inside mid after all, hasn't the build yet. Our Priddis driven blind bombing the ball does not allow players like Gaff to play at their best.

We've managed our list poorly over the past few years, and are now paying the price. Starving youth with potential for so long coming back to bite us in the arse. Now we have no enthusiasm or speed in the side.

Seeing Hutchings as a popular choice here is saddening. Only way our midfield could become more one-paced.

Out: Hams, Brennan, Dalziell, Glass, Cripps
In: F**k me our squad has no depth
I agree. For the life of me I have no idea why we let Stevenson go. We never gave him enough chance but his skill-set is exactly what we need right now. It's like Woosh said "we've got Hurn and Schofield so we've no place for another rebounding defender"...
We will be beaten easily next week.

They've played GC, GWS, Melbourne and Adelaide, who they're always good against.

They're better but let's not get ahead of ourselves
fair enough, but it's the way they've been playing, and for that matter, they way we've been playing that matters more. Gold Coast would beat us, so would Adelaide.

Out: A.Selwood, Dalziell, Hams, Cripps

In: Rosa, Waters, Hutchings, Smith
Definitely these outs, maybe give Cripps one more go and you could throw Schofield into the mix also. I'm sick of him stuffing up the sulking like a petulant child, if you stuff up go again and redeem your self don't just stand there slumped over while the balls flying to the oppositions end of the ground.

If I have to watch Dalziell aerate the lawn in the middle of no mans land ever again in an Eagles jumper the teams a joke.

Out: Hill, Cripps, Dalziell

why do we trade for the crap players of other teams?

completely agree. get rid of hill. an absolute spud. cant believe we are payin $600k for a key position player like him. would expect at least four big grabs out of him every game, or at least bring the ball to ground from a contest. players like him and priddis are keeping us down. exactly like rjones and stinglyn in 2005 and 2007.

completely agree. get rid of hill. an absolute spud. cant believe we are payin $600k for a key position player like him. would expect at least four big grabs out of him every game, or at least bring the ball to ground from a contest. players like him and priddis are keeping us down. exactly like rjones and stinglyn in 2005 and 2007.
Huh? Not sure if serious about many aspects of this reply. we would be doing quite well to have player who are as team-oriented as those two. Hill isn't there to take big grabs, he just needs to apply tackling pressure, but he's being as soft as anything.

Brennan has to go, the king of turnovers. A Selwood is no good. Hams has zero impact. Gaff needs to be dropped, but probably won't. Dalziell has done nothing to further his case for an AFL career. Schofield improved a bit tonight, and if Glass is out, it is probably enough to save him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Huh? Not sure if serious about many aspects of this reply. we would be doing quite well to have player who are as team-oriented as those two. Hill isn't there to take big grabs, he just needs to apply tackling pressure, but he's being as soft as anything.
Agreed, and if I'm not wrong, Hill was recruited as a small...not a key position player

Do you realise just how wrong you are on just about everything in this post?

thought the $600k would tip your sarcasm meter. games i have been fortunate enough to see in melbs he has busted his balls to create space for jk/jd, and chased his arse off.

Out: Glass (if inj*), Cripps, A.Selwood, Hams, Dalziell

In: Brown*, Waters, Rosa, Sheppard, Hutchings

B: Schofield, Brown/Glass, Waters
HB: Hurn, MacKenzie, Butler
C: Gaff, Kerr, Rosa
HF: Masten, Darling, LeCras
F: Hill, Kennedy, Sinclair
R: Cox, Shuey, S.Selwood
I: Priddis, Brennan, Sheppard
S: Hutchings
E: Lycett/Brown, Smith, any of the outs.

Saw east Perth v east freo today. Wilson looks a better go than any of a selwood, butler, Smith, and Brennan.

Also, lycett was very decent.

Brad dick didn't do much, but he moved so well. Maybe we should take a risk for once and bring him in instead.

thought the $600k would tip your sarcasm meter. games i have been fortunate enough to see in melbs he has busted his balls to create space for jk/jd, and chased his arse off.
I think he does a fair bit of chasing but it doesn't take that long for opposition defenders to realise he's not going to do much once he gets there. I like Hill in theory, I like his foot skills and spring, but he isn't laying effective tackles and isn't committing his body to contests. He is giving me the impression that he is good at pretending to apply pressure.

I think we could do better.

Hams has been crap hardly touched it or got involved, at least Hill chases Ham's doesn't at all.

Out: Hams, Dalziell, A Selwood, Butler.

Our midfield wasn't the problem tonight, our backline is giving no drive.

Selwood Butler Schofield and Hurn are not providing any run at all.

Gaff wont be dropped but is playing horribly.

Port will kill us next week, we have no match up for the Hoff if he plays foward.

Neade and Windgard will cut us up as well.
I agree with this. The two together are a non event. There is a flow on effect, from there lack of impact and pressure, onto the midfield and then onto the backline.

Out: Hams and A Selwood

In: focus on the opposition and to build on two halves (not one), where defensive pressure is seen as paramount

If we disrespect Port, if our players just try to play the game on their own terms, then we will lose. WC need to hunt them.

I agree with this. The two together are a non event. There is a flow on effect, from there lack of impact and pressure, onto the midfield and then onto the backline.

Out: Hams and A Selwood

In: focus on the opposition and to build on two halves (not one), where defensive pressure is seen as paramount

If we disrespect Port, if our players just try to play the game on their own terms, then we will lose. WC need to hunt them.

I think we are missing nicoski more than we realise

Our great strength in 2010 was our forward press, with nicoski out this year and last that pressure has been significantly reduced (I also understand that nicoski's absence is not the only reason for this)

Remove this Banner Ad

Unofficial Preview Changes for Round 5 v Port Adelaide @ AAMI Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Back