Preview Changes & Pre-Match Discussion for Round 11, 2023 vs Richmond @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Kenny is dinkum about winning the flag he needs bring Pasini and Hayes in for Jonas and Lycett. But that won't happen.

In Marshall, Rioli, Action Jackson, Mead

Out Lord (☹️), Evans, Wines (needs a rest), Boak(if injured)
I'm all in on the Visentini bandwagon but in all honesty if Hayes or Visentini had played last night I can't see us winning, Lycett did plently enough to stay in.

.... Lord getting the odd game and another pre-season is a pretty good plan long term ....
Wow! Small sample size of AFL games for Lord so far but we may have been gifted a tall forward who positions aggressively and can pull down contested marks. I strongly agree with Power Raid who said "Lord is less skilful than Marshall but Lord knows how to play footy, has aggression and knows how to use his body." He has to play AFL now to develop.

In the post-match Hinkley said he was surprised Dixon wasn't available last night so hard to reconcile that with him not being available for 2 more games.
I imagine Ken was surprised when Carr called him from the coaches box to say Dixon isn't playing.

Aside from Ken's comments, it never really seemed like he'd play yesterday. 32 year old with a dodgy knee doing a quad didn't seem like he'd only be missing 1 game.

Boak for Mead (if not Fit)

Rioli Sub (or Mead, McEntee or Evans Boak is fit)

Wait on McKenzie - Clurey Backup

No SANFL this

Evans didn’t have many possessions, but his defensive pressure stood out - 1 bad mistake.

McEntee wasn’t as good as he had been against - first game in a few in a few weeks he hasn’t kicked a goal.

I'm inclined to keep Burton in the forward line if it means having someone down there that has a decent kicking technique.

Marshall needs more time to recover. If he comes back in and gets concussed again its close to career ending.

Todd might not get concussed as easily if some one told him not to run chest on into the collision. As Gerard Healey said in commentary last week Todd should be coached to turn side on at the point of impact. I know exactly where Healy is coming from because like him I was coached to get side on and absorb the impact. I guess it gets back to coaching.

Lycett did his job last night and certainly isn't getting dropped on that performance.

The longer he keeps at it the more sanfl games Dante gets in to him the better prepared Dante is when he gets a run.

That would be a good thing.

If Lycett can keep at it for another couple of months he'll get another year on his contact.

It's a beautiful thing having 3 elite inside/outside mids who are great by foot. One has an off day or gets ridden like a geriatric mule by the oppo and you've got 2 more bouncing their way out of packs. We have the makings of something special if we can get (and/or select) a competent ruck and another proper tall down back.

Make it happen CD.

Marshall needs more time to recover. If he comes back in and gets concussed again its close to career ending.
Exactly.

They won't risk him this week then don't need him against Hawthorn. Bring him back for the Bulldogs game.

Rioli for Evans I think is the only change in Dixon isn't fit . Nothing against Evans but rioli just has an X factor that will go well against Richmond.

That prick Shane Edwards might’ve retired but we’ll still need to protect Butters at all costs.

IN: Marshall, Dixon, Rioli
OUT: Lord, Evans, Bonner (sub), Mead

Must win game.

Tigers are certainly better than their record suggests, we need to do whatever it takes to walk away with a W.

Last edited:

agree

If it was my son, I would definitely make the call for him if he didn't himself. As such I hope the club takes a similar position.

He is a talent but needs remedial work on his body positioning before coming back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IN: Marshall, Dixon, Rioli
OUT: Lord, Evans, Bonner (sub)

Must win game.

Tigers are certainly better than their record suggests, we need to do whatever it takes to walk away with a W.
Nah, I've been a big advocate for Bonner to be delisted over the years but his last three have been good.

Marshall won't come back this week.

Mead out and Evans to sub

Boak for Mead (if not Fit)

Rioli Sub (or Mead, McEntee or Evans Boak is fit)

Wait on McKenzie - Clurey Backup

No SANFL this

Evans didn’t have many possessions, but his defensive pressure stood out - 1 bad mistake.

McEntee wasn’t as good as he had been against - first game in a few in a few weeks he hasn’t kicked a goal.
Evans doesn't have the tank I was hoping he'd have for that pressure small forward role.

Looked out on his feet a few times.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Evans doesn't have the tank I was hoping he'd have for that pressure small forward role.

Looked our on his feet a few times.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Evans had that bad gash to head and knee strapped, really seemed to struggle at times with his running. Knock on him was his pace, but didnt seem right last night. Think he goes out for Rioli,needs rest and more conditioning.

The Mac and Cheese vs Tank is interesting Mac and Cheese seems to offer a little more in terms of pace but only managed 1 tackle last night while tank who looks like he offers less around the ground at least gets the 6 tackles. The issue is DBJ manages to get in the double figures for tackles while not really having any experience playing that position.

If you are picking the team for the player that does the main task (tackling) Evans plays but Mac & Cheese might be worth another week.

The conditions suited Jonas last night so he was able to play a role solidly.

Unfortunately this is the situation we've put ourselves in by making him captain. He could probably be useful to us as a horses for courses selection at times, but we've locked ourselves in to picking him every week.

Ken said boak is probably gonna play which is good. He also said McKenzie will as well. Wouldn't be dissapointed if McKenzie is out as pasini could come in for a game. More worried about boak though he is a tough nut and his experience will be missed if he is out. i think he will play even if he is a bit sore because we could play him as sub. Hopefully he is good to go for the game tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back