Unofficial Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Preliminary Final vs. Sydney Swans, Saturday 17/09, 4:45pm, SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
While plenty are questioning Bianco’s spot, the coach doesn’t appear to be one of them - if his press conference is anything to go on.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yes, he seemed to be happy with his game and as the coach he’ll know why his role was and whether he executed…I take his comments on face value.

There is a but however, Sydney in Sydney is an entirely different prospect and you have to pick a different team to the one that played them in round 22. Bianco was hopeless that game…Cal had more of an impact coming in as a sub

I imagine no changes.

This is what Fly said about bianco

Q: The change from last week, how did you see his game?
A: I was really proud of Trent (Bianco), he came in and did what he needed to do. He gets caught up in making a couple of mistakes, come on, it’s OK. We are allowed to make mistakes so I thought his discipline to task... And he allowed others to shine just by doing his job. I did read a couple of comments when we picked him, I thought, they don’t see the trust we have in this young kid and credit to him, he played well.

We kept the Swans to 77 points which is about par for us but we couldn’t move the ball last time we played them which I’m sure is a structural thing so I’m confident that the coaches can put different plans in place to rectify that this time.
Was De Goey our only significant out last time we played the Swans? He makes a massive difference this week.

Last edited:
We kept the Swans to 77 points which is about par for us but we couldn’t move the ball last time we played them which I’m sure is a structural thing so I’m confident that the coaches can put different plans in place to play to rectify that this time.
Was De Goey our only significant out last time we played the Swans? He makes a massive difference this week.
We also now know what they did last time we played them, and the way I see it, sydney have shown their hand and we won't be going into this game with the same tactics, we are right in this

Can't agree about perpetual whipping-boy WHE. I thought he was solid all night. Flashed in and out of the game as usual, but that happens when you play HFF.

I liked what he did in a passage of play on the wing in the 3rd? quarter. Involved in a chain of handpasses and received a crap handball around his bootlaces, but managed to get a boot on it and kick it forward.

Will gets a raw deal in these parts I reckon.
He does. He was more than solid. If you get a rep on this board it's nigh impossible to win the approval of the naysayers.

We kept the Swans to 77 points which is about par for us but we couldn’t move the ball last time we played them which I’m sure is a structural thing so I’m confident that the coaches can put different plans in place to play to rectify that this time.
Adams was missing too. Take Parker and Warner out of their side and see if it makes a difference.

I thought we only worried Sydney on the fast switch. Then our running game may help break up their defence further. Noble, IQ, Darcy, Crisp, De Goey need big games. Then of course we need to mark and kick straight. Team could be good as is - tho I haven’t made my mind up on Bianco. He’s thereabouts but just not cementing a spot. Carmy, Ollie, Krueger, even C Brown offer various alternate structural options. Ollie and Krueger not match hardened though. Will be fascinating to see what match committee decides. But they’ve earned my trust.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s a poise v grunt/size decision.
JC unfortunately burns a lot of his possessions.
It's about the role and running patterns. If it's a wingman we want, we need a wingman who keeps his spacing, makes himself an option and stretches the field. Without experience in the role, Carmichael is likely to get sucked into the contest and clog shit up offensively and not be as on point defensively as the whole team was.

Last edited:
No change.
It’s the ‘mare that Johnson had to have.
Carmichael stays as sub.
Was thinking that McRae might use this as a development opportunity, and to motivate him to improve against the swans. His effort and intent was insipid, and needs to attack the ball and player with more rigour.

If McRae doesn’t think he can bring that then we must play Kreuger.

Would be happy to go in with the same 22. However if we were making a change I would bring in Krueger for Bianco. Keep Carmichael the sub.

B - Quaynor Moore Murphy
HB - N.Daicos Howe Maynard
C - J.Daicos DeGoey Sidebottom
HF - Elliott Cameron McCreery
F - Ginnivan Mihochek Johnson
R - Cox Crisp Pendlebury
INT - Lipinski Noble WHE Bianco/Krueger

This side can get it done.

"Bianco stood up in his first final, finishing with 16 disposals in a performance that drew praise from McRae and should ensure he heads to Sydney next weekend.

"I was really proud of Trent. He came in and do what he needed to do," he said.

"He gets caught up in making a couple of mistakes, but it's OK, you're allowed to make mistakes. But I thought his discipline to task and he allowed others to shine, too, just by doing his job.

"I did read a couple of comments when we picked him, I thought they don't see the trust we have in this kid.
"

Unlikely to change.

We are better now than we were in our last clash and can certainly win if we bring it and bring it HARD.
We'll bring it. I think that part is a given with this team. To me it's whether or not we get fumbly like we did against the Cats or remain clean with our hands like against Freo.

Morning all,

Great win last night.

If anyone wants my ticket for the prelim, PM me and I’ll get back to you after work today.

👍🏻
I'm in Sydney and would be so grateful if someone could buy 1 prelim ticket for me or pass on your barcode! I'd appreciate the suggestions otherwise as my interstate membership is not a high enough level to get me a ticket.

We'll bring it. I think that part is a given with this team. To me it's whether or not we get fumbly like we did against the Cats or remain clean with our hands like against Freo.
We also made Cats fumbly with pressure so we’ll do the same to Swans in a very high pressure game.

I'm in Sydney and would be so grateful if someone could buy 1 prelim ticket for me or pass on your barcode! I'd appreciate the suggestions otherwise as my interstate membership is not a high enough level to get me a ticket.
Giving a complete stranger a membership barcode is not a wise choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back