Unofficial Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Preliminary Final vs. Sydney Swans, Saturday 17/09, 4:45pm, SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they will go unchanged, but I'd like to see Carmichael swapped for Bianco who becomes sub

I'm thinking Sydney will be a little flat coming off the break. They lost both this season and last to Port Adelaide coming off their bye so I'm hoping they're a team like Collingwood that likes to carry momentum through each week which will benefits the Pies more so.

Big task there's no doubting that but the belief is so strong within the group both players, coaches and families there's no doubting they can do it.

Yesterday the Pies were a few good bounces and a bit of luck away from a 10 goal win, a few things click and it's into the GF.

We also made Cats fumbly with pressure so we’ll do the same to Swans in a very high pressure game.
I think it'll be frenetic with the cleanest team taking the chocolates. After last week, I would have said that'd be the Swans, but we were much cleaner under pressure this week. I think we can get it done.

I'm thinking Sydney will be a little flat coming off the break. They lost both this season and last to Port Adelaide coming off their bye so I'm hoping they're a team like Collingwood that likes to carry momentum through each week which will benefits the Pies more so.

Big task there's no doubting that but the belief is so strong within the group both players, coaches and families there's no doubting they can do it.

Yesterday the Pies were a few good bounces and a bit of luck away from a 10 goal win, a few things click and it's into the GF.
From memory, we lost the game in the first quarter last time, didn’t we? We went 4-5 goals down and could never recover. So a slow start from the Swans would be nice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out: Bianco
In: Kreuger or Henry
Sub: Carmichael

The cramped SCG oval appears the perfect time to sacrifice a flanker for another forward marking option.

This is especially so when you consider the strength of the Sydney defence, their willingness to flood our forward line and the inconsistent nature of our forward targets.

Just sense a Kreuger or Henry having the potential to drag in a few f50 marks and generate a couple of scoring opportunities is of more value than a dozen touches by Bianco and could at least cause Longmire some worry.

Was thinking that McRae might use this as a development opportunity, and to motivate him to improve against the swans. His effort and intent was insipid, and needs to attack the ball and player with more rigour.

If McRae doesn’t think he can bring that then we must play Kreuger.
I love Johnson. However, you are right.
This should also motivate Henry to have a massive week of training. It should also remind Henry that shit changes quickly.

I’d still drop one of Bianco or WHE as I don’t see a need for both of them as they are both outside players with minimum physicality and are only good for 10-14 touches a game

I’d then go with the extra tall in Kreuger

Provides injury cover to key talls and allows flexibility to reinforce a line should say Buddy get a hold of us or alternatively the McCartin bros do a solid job on mihocek and Johnson

The team is running out games well so losing one of Bianco or WHE won’t impact that

And there’s always the ability to give more midfield minutes to Elliot, Crisp or McReery who are all solid runners

Out: Bianco
In: Kreuger or Henry
Sub: Carmichael

The cramped SCG oval appears the perfect time to sacrifice a flanker for another forward marking option.

This is especially so when you consider the strength of the Sydney defence, their willingness to flood our forward line and the inconsistent nature of our forward targets.

Just sense a Kreuger or Henry having the potential to drag in a few f50 marks and generate a couple of scoring opportunities is of more value than a dozen touches by Bianco and could at least cause Longmire some worry.
Couldn't agree more. I'd go with Henry to replace Bianco and Carmichael as Sub.

So many thoughts

I actually don’t think we’ll win but I’m happy we at least made the Prelim. As a bad omen, Buckley’s first year as coach we made the Prelim against Sydney in Sydney and lost. Kind of eery that in McRae’s first year as coach we’ve made the Prelim against Sydney in Sydney.

But to be blunt, if we’re gonna lose, lose the Prelim. I simply can’t bear to watch us lose another Grand Final. I can’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back